1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 15:32
    Just saw the Mayor of NYC commenting on the bad weather that went thru there yesterday. During his comments he said the damage and at least 1 death was an "Act of God."
    Did God do this as he and many people believe? Comments?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 16:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just saw the Mayor of NYC commenting on the bad weather that went thru there yesterday. During his comments he said the damage and at least 1 death was an "Act of God."
    You should see His act here in NE Ohio: today, 62°, humidity 67%, mostly sunny with a UV index of 3. Quite the act here today!
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 16:25
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You should see His act here in NE Ohio: today, 62°, humidity 67%, mostly sunny with a UV index of 3. Quite the act here today!
    Lol...
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 21:51
    So..........does God cause bad things such as natural disasters to happen that harm or even kill humans?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 22:00
    So..........does God cause bad things such as natural disasters to happen that harm or even kill humans?
    No.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 22:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No.
    Well I know why you say no but you are correct.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 23:07
    Meh.
  8. England
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 09:14
    no if god is going to do something he lets people know.
    but i think he was covering his insurance claims [not god ... the mayor]
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 11:202 edits
    God never personally interacts in this mundane world, but has agents to make sure the process of life goes on.

One of the agents that never sleeps is the law of karma, and on that particular day in New York when they had the storm, it was that mans karma to meet his demise. God has nothing to do with it, accept that the law of karma can only exists and operate as it does, because of the will of God,.....as does the law of gravity, and if someone steps of a cliff then the law of gravity will be his demise also......god is not involved personally.

vishva
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 13:262 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    [b]God never personally interacts in this mundane world, but has agents to make sure the process of life goes on.
    Aren't these two statements contradictory?

Anyhew, you can keep your impersonal god. I don't care for him either. Screw him!! 😠

Of course, I'm not afraid to say such things to him because apparently I am too "mundane" to even raise an eyebrow from him or her or it.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '10 01:50
    Originally posted by whodey

Anyhew, you can keep your impersonal god. I don't care for him either. Screw him!! 😠

Of course, I'm not afraid to say such things to him because apparently I am too "mundane" to even raise an eyebrow from him or her or it.
    You miss-understand because you have a fault finding attitude.....God has nothing to do with your mundane life...but...when your life is not mundane, and you know the truth of god, and love God in that truth, then God personally interacts with you.

The problem is that no one knows God in truth and therefore cannot love her properly and so the connection is not made.

vishva
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Sep '10 02:23
    Do you call sunshine and act of God, gentle rains, cool evenings, fields of growing
    crops, babies born healthy, having all things held together by the forces in place
    in the universe like gravity, and so on? It’s all the same thing, to call a storm bad
    act is passing judgment on something purely due to your likes and dislikes.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Sep '10 02:28
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    You miss-understand because you have a fault finding attitude.....God has nothing to do with your mundane life...but...when your life is not mundane, and you know the truth of god, and love God in that truth, then God personally interacts with you.

The problem is that no one knows God in truth and therefore cannot love her properly and so the connection is not made.

vishva
    "The problem is that no one knows God in truth and therefore cannot love her properly and so the connection is not made."

I think your god and one I deal with are two different beings, so I agree with you
    that no one knows your god in truth so whatever she is up too is quite beyond
    not only my knowledge, but also isn't even something I care to know about. Unlike
    you I'm not going to spend a lot of time going after your beliefs to declare they
    are the words of men only. You have your beliefs they can and will take you to
    where ever they will and can.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 11:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you call sunshine and act of God, gentle rains, cool evenings, fields of growing
    crops, babies born healthy, having all things held together by the forces in place
    in the universe like gravity, and so on? It’s all the same thing, to call a storm bad
    act is passing judgment on something purely due to your likes and dislikes.
    Kelly
    A blade of grass cannot move without the will of God.

vishva
  15. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 22:13
    Originally posted by whodey

The idea in the Spirituality thread is to talk about it, not swear and mock the believes of other people. If you have no intention of saying something good then it is better to keep shut. I am sure you have some bit of respect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree