1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 10:18
    What would life be like on earth today if Adam & Eve had not sinned by eating of the fruit?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 11:11
    One allegory short?
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 11:151 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What would life be like on earth today if Adam & Eve had not sinned by eating of the fruit?
    If Eve did not eat us out of paradise, all women would still be slim.:'(
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 14:57
    This question is very like this question:
    "What would happen if Kal-El was not sent from Krypton to Earth?"
    or
    "What would be the future if Gollum didn't find the ring?"

And the answer would be very like too: ...
  5. England
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 15:41
    no chess, no football [soccer]. no one here
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 15:48
    Originally posted by katp
    If Eve did not eat us out of paradise, all women would still be slim.:'(
    Not if R. Crumb's version of Eve is accurate.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 05:59
    Paradise?

Manny
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 06:05
    Originally posted by menace71
    Paradise?

Manny
    Paradise? Really? I think I know where you are coming from in theory but how do you think that would work in reality? Dont you think that good and evil need to coexist for people to learn?Hmmm.....
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 08:15
    in my view, adam and eve eating from the tree of knowledge (they both ate, they are equally to blame) is an allegory for the awakening of the human race. no longer animals, now they have knowledge. and of course now they "start" dieing because they actually live.

so to humor you, life on earth would have pretty much been in my opinion what brooke shields and the nameless dood had in the blue lagoon.

if you'd rather have that than what you have today i guess it is a matter of mentality.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 12:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    in my view, adam and eve eating from the tree of knowledge (they both ate, they are equally to blame) is an allegory for the awakening of the human race. no longer animals, now they have knowledge. and of course now they "start" dieing because they actually live.

so to humor you, life on earth would have pretty much been in my opinion what brooke shield ...[text shortened]... .

if you'd rather have that than what you have today i guess it is a matter of mentality.
    So the hard life most humans have now you'd rather have then a simpler and better world where life would be better?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 12:43
    So the hard life most humans have now you'd rather have then a simpler and better world where life would be better?
    how do you define better life?

is it lack of hardship? a life where nothing happens to you is preferable to a life where good and bad happen, even if the bad happens more often?

what did adam and eve get to do in the garden of eden? they had a naming ceremony of all the plants and animals and that was about it. sitting in the sun, eating fruit. taking a dump, eating some fruit. sleeping. eating some more fruit. sitting in the sun.

the act of defying god and eating from the tree of knowledge represents mankind defining trait: thirst for more, for progress. adam and eve symbolic act represents mankind renouncing an easy life of just laying around and adopting a life of hardship, but filled with satisfaction.

sure, most likely that is not what the authors of genesis had in mind. they mostly emphasized adam and eve's disobedience. i am just saying that we being more enlightened than those shepherds(or so we claim) we can find new meanings to this story.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 13:11
    It would be perfect.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 13:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    It would be perfect.
    so said he right before pressing the post button in his web browser. after that he took a good look at his 19 inch monitor and went to microwave a pizza. he ate his pizza in front off his plasma tv watching a rerun of seinfeld and because it was cold outside he turned on the heat a notch. he then took a nap on his 10.000 orthopedic bed.

all the while sighing for a better, more simpler life running naked in the woods, eating berries and sleeping on moss and leaves. if only adam and eve didn't eat that damn apple.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 13:382 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so said he right before pressing the post button in his web browser. after that he took a good look at his 19 inch monitor and went to microwave a pizza. he ate his pizza in front off his plasma tv watching a rerun of seinfeld and because it was cold outside he turned on the heat a notch. he then took a nap on his 10.000 orthopedic bed.

all the while sig ...[text shortened]... ating berries and sleeping on moss and leaves. if only adam and eve didn't eat that damn apple.
    You have it made!

Inspiron mini laptop.
    Haven't had breakfast yet.
    Tossed the TV years ago.
    Select comfort.
    I work outdoors so the cold doesn't bother me.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 13:56
    Originally posted by josephw
    You have it made!

Inspiron mini laptop.
    Haven't had breakfast yet.
    Tossed the TV years ago.
    Select comfort.
    I work outdoors so the cold doesn't bother me.
    someone out there should get the point. you would to if you would try a little.

i will give you a hint: doesn't matter what of those little things i said apply to you in particular.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree