1. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 23:26
    Sadly, Christianity as taught by the Catholic Church has little to do with grace so they spend most of the time trying to pay for sins which Christ has forgiven. Of course the doctrine reflects back in the relationships they have with the rest of us and causes many troubles.

Seek God first, ask questions later.

Una
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 23:302 edits
    Originally posted by Una
    Sadly, Christianity as taught by the Catholic Church has little to do with grace so they spend most of the time trying to pay for sins which Christ has forgiven. Of course the doctrine reflects back in the relationships they have with the rest of us and causes many troubles.

Seek God first, ask questions later.

Una
    The ignorance which certain people have of RCC theology is exceeded only by their arrogance when they state as fact something that is just plain incorrect.

Among the three fundamental ideas -- sin, redemption, and grace -- grace plays the part of the means, indispensable and Divinely ordained, to effect the redemption from sin through Christ and to lead men to their eternal destiny in heaven.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06701a.htm
  3. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 00:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The ignorance which certain people have of RCC theology is exceeded only by their arrogance when they state as fact something that is just plain incorrect.

Among the three fundamental ideas -- sin, redemption, and grace -- grace plays the part of the means, indispensable and Divinely ordained, to effect the redemption from sin through Christ and to lead men to their eternal destiny in heaven.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06701a.htm
    So, what is incorrect about the statement? Catholics spend much time repenting of sin which was forgiven. Hence their misunderstanding about scripture is reflected in their interpersonal relationships with folks.

Una
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 01:131 edit
    Originally posted by Una
    So, what is incorrect about the statement? Catholics spend much time repenting of sin which was forgiven. Hence their misunderstanding about scripture is reflected in their interpersonal relationships with folks.

Una
    Una: Christianity as taught by the Catholic Church has little to do with grace

Duh.

Your further statement is simple, ignorant bigotry.

EDIT: Actually someone who believes that they can commit any sin and they will get a pass because they are "born again" is logically more likely to be an overbearing prick, aren't they Una?
  5. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 13:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Una: Christianity as taught by the Catholic Church has little to do with grace

Duh.

Your further statement is simple, ignorant bigotry.

EDIT: Actually someone who believes that they can commit any sin and they will get a pass because they are "born again" is logically more likely to be an overbearing prick, aren't they Una?
    I am glad we agree that "Christianity as taught by the Catholic Church has little to do with grace". Bigotry has nothing to do with the false teachings of the Church. Just because a person recognizes the error of the Catholic doctrine does not make them a bigot.

Considering the rest of the your statement, it reflects the condition of heart.

Una
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 14:23
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    HoH:
    Sorry to hear of your friend having such a hard time of it. What should be heaven on earth--- given the wrong combination of factors--- can become hell on earth. No wonder one of the old-timers said:

Proverbs 21:9
    Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Unfortnuately, your friend is in an institutio ...[text shortened]... any situation he finds himself in will be handled with grace, poise and capacity.
    Thank you for your words. I think much of what you've said would be valuable to my friend.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 14:28
    Well it's ended in divorce. Sad really, there are many reasons to get divorced, some of them even good ones, but, this wasn't one of them.

The group she has been involved in is: http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com

Anyone know anything about these assclowns?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:12
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Well it's ended in divorce. Sad really, there are many reasons to get divorced, some of them even good ones, but, this wasn't one of them.

The group she has been involved in is: http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com

Anyone know anything about these assclowns?
    One should be extremely wary in situations such as these when, instead of a doctrinal statement of belief, an organization's first line on their website is:

"Check out our new online store"

Sorry to hear of your friend's setback. Even when the conditions within certain relationships are deplorable, divorce always hurts. He's lucky to have a loyal friend like you.
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    One should be extremely wary in situations such as these when, instead of a doctrinal statement of belief, an organization's first line on their website is:

"Check out our new online store"

Sorry to hear of your friend's setback. Even when the conditions within certain relationships are deplorable, divorce always hurts. He's lucky to have a loyal friend like you.
    I just think the whole deal is tragic and will cost them both financially, spirituality and emotionally. Its a sad start to the new year.
  10. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 23:021 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I just think the whole deal is tragic and will cost them both financially, spirituality and emotionally. Its a sad start to the new year.
    ...or a new start for both of them. I have found that the financial side is trivial, compared to the rest of the damage. Time for a day by day approach to life until horizons begin to brighten?

Edit: I meant to say that site is a bit scary; it contradicts itself time after time and is a complete mess theologically as far as I could see..... Your friend is better away from that and in a saner place in my view.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree