1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    02 Apr '15 16:44
    Radiocarbon Dating Flaws

    YouTube
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8525
    02 Apr '15 17:50
    Ludicrous.


    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dalrymple/scientific_age_earth.html
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    02 Apr '15 19:09
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Ludicrous.


    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dalrymple/scientific_age_earth.html
    The guy on talkorigins is an atheist in denial of the truth from God. 😏
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    02 Apr '15 19:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The guy on talkorigins is an atheist in denial of the truth from God. 😏
    I said it before, but I'll take God's truth, not your truth.

    And last I checked there is no age of the Earth mentioned in the Bible. So God is mum on the subject so far.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    02 Apr '15 19:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I said it before, but I'll take God's truth, not your truth.

    And last I checked there is no age of the Earth mentioned in the Bible. So God is mum on the subject so far.
    However, those of us who can calculate the time mentioned in the Holy Bible are able to get an approximate age for the earth of about 6,000 years. That is not even close to the billions of years needed by the evolutionists. 😏
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    02 Apr '15 19:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    However, those of us who can calculate the time mentioned in the Holy Bible are able to get an approximate age for the earth of about 6,000 years. That is not even close to the billions of years needed by the evolutionists. 😏
    Are you so fundamentalist to think that every second of time that passed since God started creating was written down in Genesis? I'm telling you, there are volumes that could be written about what was left out. Because God knew we would someday fill in those gaps.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    02 Apr '15 19:562 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you so fundamentalist to think that every second of time that passed since God started creating was written down in Genesis? I'm telling you, there are volumes that could be written about what was left out. Because God knew we would someday fill in those gaps.
    I used the word "approximate" to account for those unrecorded seconds. It makes no sense to me for God to reveal the truth by leaving out billions of years of time.

    I don't believe God wanted us to imagine billions of years of past history so we could fill in the so-called gaps. And where are those so-called gaps you speak about that would require so much time?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8525
    02 Apr '15 20:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    However, those of us who can calculate the time mentioned in the Holy Bible are able to get an approximate age for the earth of about 6,000 years. That is not even close to the billions of years needed by the evolutionists. 😏
    Which just goes to show how ludicrous your statement is. What next; the world is flat? The moon is made of cheese?

    You have simply closed your mind to common sense.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    03 Apr '15 00:23
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Which just goes to show how ludicrous your statement is. What next; the world is flat? The moon is made of cheese?

    You have simply closed your mind to common sense.
    Astronomy shows why the earth can't be billions of years old.

    YouTube
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    03 Apr '15 09:10
    Completely hat-stand.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    03 Apr '15 09:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Radiocarbon Dating Flaws

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVuVYnHRuig
    that's because carbon dating isn't used to date something potentially older than 60 thousand years.


    if you would get your science from someone other than ham or hovind (both idiots) you would know that other isotopes are used for geological dating
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    03 Apr '15 09:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that's because carbon dating isn't used to date something potentially older than 60 thousand years.


    if you would get your science from someone other than ham or hovind (both idiots) you would know that other isotopes are used for geological dating
    I have heard about those other isotopes used to get the dates they want for supposedly older rocks. However, they have problems with them too and the same assumptions are not eliminated. You have to tell the lab what range of dates you expect and then they us the isotope that will give that range of dates to make you happy. 😏
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    03 Apr '15 10:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have heard about those other isotopes used to get the dates they want for supposedly older rocks. However, they have problems with them too and the same assumptions are not eliminated. You have to tell the lab what range of dates you expect and then they us the isotope that will give that range of dates to make you happy. 😏
    There are a whole range of different data sources which are combined to calculate the age of the earth. Countless highly educated and no doubt occasionally devoutly christian scientists have combined their efforts over decades of research and experiment to produce an outline of the planet's history with which they all broadly agree. And on the other hand... a bronze age fable from the dawn of civilisation which to all examination has no basis in reality. And you choose the latter? I can't even begin to imagine what is going on in the head of an ostensibly intelligent, adult human being who could convince himself that this is a rational choice.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    03 Apr '15 10:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Astronomy shows why the earth can't be billions of years old.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEejUyEyhhg
    Dr. Jason Lisle of the Institute of Creation Research

    "dr."

    "research"
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    03 Apr '15 10:291 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    There are a whole range of different data sources which are combined to calculate the age of the earth. Countless highly educated and no doubt occasionally devoutly christian scientists have combined their efforts over decades of research and experiment to produce an outline of the planet's history with which they all broadly agree. And on the other ...[text shortened]... nsibly intelligent, adult human being who could convince himself that this is a rational choice.
    I believe it is more rational that an intelligent Creator created laws to form order out of the invisible to produce what is visible than to believe nothing accidently exploded causing order to come from chaos. 😏
Back to Top