1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 12:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    I know about the burial cloths of Christ.
    But I think it is a distraction to be so preoccupied with this matter.

I think it is a distraction from God's economy.
    In [b]Colossians
    the Apostle Paul cautioned the believers about pre-occupation with things like visions of angels.

"Let no one defraud you by judging you unworthy of your priz ...[text shortened]... think it is risky to devote excessive attention to artifacts like this, fake or even legitimate.
    Christians can differ in their opinions just like any other group. 😏
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 13:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Christians can differ in their opinions just like any other group. 😏
    Tell us how the Shroud of Turin has helped you to overcome the lust of the flesh.

I'll tell you how setting the mind on the spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is definitely helps me to overcome the lust of the flesh.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 15:55
    Tell us how the Shroud of Turin has helped you to overcome the lust of the flesh.

I'll tell you how setting the mind on the spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is definitely helps me to overcome the lust of the flesh.
    That is fine for you if you need such a thing. However, I don't believe the Shroud of Turin is meant to help anyone overcome the lust of the flesh.

I believe the Shroud of Turin was saved by Peter as proof to other disciples of the resurrection of Christ and to bolster their faith and later used by other disciples as well. I believe Paul is asking Timothy to bring it with him along with written gospel records of how Christ was crucified in his second letter to Timothy.
    When you come bring the cloak (the Shroud) which I left at Troas with Carpus, and the books, especially the parchments.

(2 Timothy 4:13 NASB)

FINDING JESUS IN THE SHROUD!!! 2015 BEST NEW VIDEO

YouTube
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 16:135 edits
    I believe the Shroud of Turin was saved by Peter as proof to other disciples of the resurrection of Christ and to bolster their faith and later used by other disciples as well. I believe Paul is asking Timothy to bring it with him along with written gospel records of how Christ was crucified in his second letter to Timothy.

When you come bring the cloak (the Shroud) which I left at Troas with Carpus, and the books, especially the parchments.

It is difficult for me to think you are really being serious.
    But I guess you are.

I would ask you to consider Paul's word in verses 7 and 8.

"I have fought the good fight; I have finished my course; I have kept the faith.

Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, with which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will recompense me in that day, and not only me but also all those who have loved His appearing."

Paul's utmost concern was how he had lived before God. He expects a recompense from "the righteous Judge" for righteous living, finishing his course, adoring the appearing of Christ.

I want to draw your attention here, that Paul does not refer to "the merciful Savior" or the "gracious Savior" or "the forgiving Savior". Now Jesus Christ is INDEED all those TOO. But here Paul is talking about Christ as "the righteous Judge" .

He knows that at the end of his course Christ as "the righteous Judge" will examine how he overcame the old life, lived righteously in the Holy Spirit, finished his Christian course in victory rather than being defeated by the flesh, or subdued by his old man.

Can you enter into the spirit of Paul's attitude here?

Now concerning the cloak that Paul wanted to be brought with him with the scrolls and the parchments in verse 13: I think this was simply a practical matter of keeping himself warm and having some other materials obviously for writing.

I'm sorry RJ. I don't believe Paul was asking that some shroud of Jesus' burial cloths, that Paul left in Troas, be brought to him.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 16:14
    [quote] I believe the Shroud of Turin was saved by Peter as proof to other disciples of the resurrection of Christ and to bolster their faith and later used by other disciples as well. I believe Paul is asking Timothy to bring it with him along with written gospel records of how Christ was crucified in his second letter to Timothy.

When you come bring ...[text shortened]... was asking that some shroud of Jesus' burial cloths, that Paul left in Troas, be brought to him.
    Well, at least look at the video before you judge me.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 16:24
    Well, at least look at the video before you judge me.
    I'll watch it. I have a book which has some Shroud things in it which you probably would like.

It tends not to stick with me.
    The supposed picture of the face of Jesus in the Shroud - I don't trust that too much.

He had no form or comeliness that we should desire Him says the prophet Isaiah. Pictures of a handsome strong face of Jesus X-Rayed in some cloth ... I don't trust this sensational kind of thing.

What are you going to do when its told you that some blood was bleeding out of a statue of Mary ?

What if someone claims they have the DNA of Jesus on a piece of cloth or splinter and they want to clone Christ or something?

I don't mean to judge you in that sense you mean.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 16:411 edit
    There's no life in it brother.
    No life.

Now the speaker said possibly the suderium was removed when the dead body of Jesus was placed in the tomb.

Well, I don't believe that this is the case. I think when Jesus rose He neatly and properly calmly folded up some of the grave cloths. This was like a person wanting to leave his bedroom tidy.

If it had been me I might have cast off the grave cloths leaving them in a messy heap on the floor. I mean this is RISING FROM THE DEAD!

Jesus was not like this. He was calm, peaceful, victorious, and in possession of all His senses. I think He came back to life and neatly folded the grave cloths in a proper way.

What a Savior!

Anyway I am watching the "Physical Evidence ..." video as you requested.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 17:33
    I'll watch it. I have a book which has some Shroud things in it which you probably would like.

It tends not to stick with me.
    The supposed picture of the face of Jesus in the Shroud - I don't trust that too much.

He had no form or comeliness that we should desire Him says the prophet Isaiah. Pictures of a handsome strong face of Jesus X-Rayed in ...[text shortened]... d they want to clone Christ or something?

I don't mean to judge you in that sense you mean.
    You must have a different idea of hansome from me, if you believe the Shroud face is handsome.

As far as your hypothetical questions, I will just play them by ear.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 17:442 edits
    There's no life in it brother.
    No life.

Now the speaker said possibly the suderium was removed when the dead body of Jesus was placed in the tomb.

Well, I don't believe that this is the case. I think when Jesus rose He neatly and properly calmly folded up some of the grave cloths. This was like a person wanting to leave his bedroom tidy.

If ...[text shortened]...

What a Savior!

Anyway I am watching the "Physical Evidence ..." video as you requested.
    I haven't claimed there is life in the image on the cloth. I don't know how you got that idea from anything I have said.

The way I remember it, everyone has said the Sudarium (face napkin) was removed before Christ was placed in the Shroud and wrapped with the strip or strips of linen. The Jewish photographer said that would be in accordance with with Jewish custom if it had blood on it, but it would be left with the body and the Jews were not wrapped like Egyptian mummies as some people think. And besides, how could the image of the face appear on the Shroud and not on the sudarium, if it had been left over the head and face?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 18:11
    I haven't claimed there is life in the image on the cloth. I don't know how you got that idea from anything I have said.

I did not mean life in the image. I meant that there is no spiritual life ministered in the video.

The video does not minister spiritual life but rather some dead knowledge.
    The letter kills but the Spirit gives [divine] life.
    The Person of Spirit is not much ministered in the video.

The new covenant ministers must minister Spirit and life causing people to touch Christ. These are probably Christian brothers. But they have not been impressed with the need to minister from life in their speaking.

The way I remember it, everyone has said the Sudarium (face napkin) was removed before Christ was placed in the Shroud and wrapped with the strip or strips of linen. The Jewish photographer said that would be in accordance with with Jewish custom if it had blood on it, but it would be left with the body and the Jews were not wrapped like Egyptian mummies as some people think. And besides, how could the image of the face appear on the Shroud and not on the sudarium, if it had been left over the head and face?

I have been watching Ron Wyatt videos now for about half an hour or more. The one I am watching now is on finding the ark of the covenant. There is a lot of hauling dirt around in buckets and digging.

Lord have mercy on us. We need the ministry of life.
    Too much of this sort of thing is not good.

Doesn't your inner being thirst for the living water ?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 18:211 edit

I did not mean life in the image. I meant that there is no spiritual life ministered in the video.

The video does not minister spiritual life but rather some dead knowledge.
    The letter kills but the Spirit ...[text shortened]... h of this sort of thing is not good.

Doesn't your inner being thirst for the living water ?
    I will leave that sort of ministering to you since you apparently know something about it. I will continue to minster on what I know something about.

I found the last video I posted interesting, but all that about the apparent 3 in blood on the forehead seems contrived to me.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 18:231 edit
    Now am watching one more for today.
    This one is Pharoah's chariots strewn along the bottom of the Red Sea.

He's scolding people for pouring cold water on Ron Wyatt.
    So he's rebuking me too.

Although I speak with caution I am not some paid professional concerned about his position or turf. I just say, we really need the ministry of life.

The video is on Is Ron Wyatt a Liar ?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 18:24
    When you come bring the cloak (the Shroud) which I left at Troas with Carpus, and the books, especially the parchments. [/quote]
    (2 Timothy 4:13 NASB)
    How do you know that by 'cloak' he meant 'shroud?' Perhaps Peter was just a little cold.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 18:30
    RJ,

I did watch the evidence of Sodom and Gamorrah.
    I think it was a Ron Wyatt.

These "We Have Physical Evidence" videos are sometimes interesting.
    I don't mean they aren't.

I take them with caution.
    And I need the life changing ministry of Spirit and life.
    That is life changing.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 18:332 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    How do you know that by 'cloak' he meant 'shroud?' Perhaps Peter was just a little cold.
    Look at this video. It is approximately 10 minutes long and explains why it is likely that by "the cloak" and not "my cloak" he was probably referring to "the Shroud".

SOLID PROOF TURIN SHROUD IS 1ST CENTURY!

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree