Alex Jones, talk radio host

Alex Jones, talk radio host

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
So how do you know that you are right when you reject evidence that someone else has accepted?

Don't you claim to believe only in things you know to be true?
That rather depends on the evidence, doesn't it. Dickhead.

Moves
23 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
That rather depends on the evidence, doesn't it. Dickhead.
Two people can look at the same evidence and reach two different conclusions, without either knowing for sure that they are right. Touched a nerve have I?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 May 17

Two people can look at the same evidence and reach two different conclusions, without either knowing for sure that they are right. Touched a nerve have I?
Indeed. That doesn't mean both conclusions are correct or even valid, however. What gives you the idea that you have 'touched a nerve'?

Moves
23 May 17

Indeed. That doesn't mean both conclusions are correct or even valid, however. What gives you the idea that you have 'touched a nerve'?
Indeed. That doesn't mean both conclusions are correct or even valid, however.

The point is one person can be convinced by valid evidence whereas another person may find the same valid evidence to be unconvincing.

What gives you the idea that you have 'touched a nerve'?

Your use of French for one.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 May 17
1 edit

[b]Indeed. That doesn't mean both conclusions are correct or even valid, however.

The point is one person can be convinced by valid evidence whereas another person may find the same valid evidence to be unconvincing.

What gives you the idea that you have 'touched a nerve'?

Your use of French for one.[/b]
Of course, some people will believe the most fanciful nonsense based on the flimsiest of clues. You'd have to be more specific though, as what you think of as 'valid' evidence may not actually be so. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't using French.

Moves
24 May 17

Of course, some people will believe the most fanciful nonsense based on the flimsiest of clues. You'd have to be more specific though, as what you think of as 'valid' evidence may not actually be so. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't using French.
If God really does exist, (something you have admitted could be true) it means the evidence that leads people to believe in Him may actually be valid even if you may consider it to be 'fanciful nonsense'.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

If God really does exist, (something you have admitted could be true) it means the evidence that leads people to believe in Him may actually be valid even if you may consider it to be 'fanciful nonsense'.
Scripture is not evidence.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Scripture is not evidence.
You may choose to believe that it isn't. That is your choice. But that is obviously not the only evidence.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

You may choose to believe that it isn't. That is your choice. But that is obviously not the only evidence.
What is left of your religion without the scripture?

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

What is left of your religion without the scripture?
Scripture is the basis, but there are many conditional promises in the scriptures, when fulfilled they provide further evidence of the truthfulness of scripture. For example the peace of God which surpasses all understanding.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

Scripture is the basis, but there are many conditional promises in the scriptures, when fulfilled they provide further evidence of the truthfulness of scripture.
So... nothing without the scripture then?

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

So... nothing without the scripture then?
Apart from all creation and the heavens that declare the glory of God?

F

Moves
24 May 17

Apart from all creation and the heavens that declare the glory of God?
Don't "all creation and the heavens" declare the glory of anyone's god or gods if they believe that their god created it?

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Don't "all creation and the heavens" declare the glory of anyone's god or gods if they believe that their god created it?
Maybe so, but if there is only one true God it declares His glory nonetheless.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Maybe so, but if there is only one true God it declares His glory nonetheless.
Do "all creation and the heavens" confirm and corroborate the theology of any and all religions that have such beliefs in a creator?