Alex Jones, talk radio host

Alex Jones, talk radio host

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Maybe so, but if there is only one true God it declares His glory nonetheless.
But without the scripture, why would you think that there was only one true god?

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
But without the scripture, why would you think that there was only one true god?
The scriptures compliment creation. Polytheism makes no sense to me.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

The scriptures compliment creation. Polytheism makes no sense to me.
The scripture in no way compliments creation. You are obviously incapable of viewing the universe without the filter of your biblically-based faith.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

The scripture in no way compliments creation. You are obviously incapable of viewing the universe without the filter of your biblically-based faith.
And you are obviously incapable of viewing the scriptures without the filter of your own belief system.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

And you are obviously incapable of viewing the scriptures without the filter of your own belief system.
Obviously as somebody who has bought into a simplistic faith-based belief system you find comfort in telling yourself that somebody who doesn't share your views is simply ascribing to a different belief system. The difference is that mine is an open system, able to change with received data, whereas yours is bounded and closed.

Moves
24 May 17

Obviously as somebody who has bought into a simplistic faith-based belief system you find comfort in telling yourself that somebody who doesn't share your views is simply ascribing to a different belief system. The difference is that mine is an open system, able to change with received data, whereas yours is bounded and closed.
And the difference is also that I believe my beliefs are true and are therefore there is no need for change, whereas you are just chasing the wind.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

And the difference is also that I believe my beliefs are true and are therefore there is no need for change, whereas you are just chasing the wind.
Yes, that is the trap of faith. Good luck with that.

Moves
24 May 17

Yes, that is the trap of faith. Good luck with that.
You view truth as a trap. I view it as liberation. Good luck chasing the wind.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

You view truth as a trap. I view it as liberation. Good luck chasing the wind.
Of course you do, if you could see the trap you would free yourself.

Moves
24 May 17

Of course you do, if you could see the trap you would free yourself.
So what is this trap you see that I don't?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

So what is this trap you see that I don't?
You can't see it, your faith and conviction has your mind closed.

Moves
24 May 17

You can't see it, your faith and conviction has your mind closed.
Do you claim to have the truth? If so feel free to share it. If not you are like the blind trying to lead someone whom you believe to be blind as well.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17

Do you claim to have the truth? If so feel free to share it. If not you are like the blind trying to lead someone whom you believe to be blind as well.
You should never believe anybody who tells you they have 'the truth'. And I'm not trying to lead you anywhere.

Moves
24 May 17

You should never believe anybody who tells you they have 'the truth'. And I'm not trying to lead you anywhere.
So even if you claimed the above was true I should never believe you? 🙄

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

So even if you claimed the above was true I should never believe you? 🙄
Do you gain pleasure from deliberate misunderstanding of other people's posts? Does that not seem a little childish to you? I suppose in your position it's the best bet you've got for telling yourself you've 'won' the discussion, which seems so very important to you.