1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 12:52
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Do you gain pleasure from deliberate misunderstanding of other people's posts? Does that not seem a little childish to you?
    If the statement you gave me, "You should never believe anybody who tells you they have 'the truth'", is not true, just say so. If it is 'the truth' then by your own admission I should not believe you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 12:541 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat to dj2becvker/Fetchmyjunk
    Do you gain pleasure from deliberate misunderstanding of other people's posts? Does that not seem a little childish to you? I suppose in your position it's the best bet you've got for telling yourself you've 'won' the discussion, which seems so very important to you.
    Bingo. Again.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:171 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    If the statement you gave me, "You should never believe anybody who tells you they have 'the truth'", is not true, just say so. If it is 'the truth' then by your own admission I should not believe you.
    So when your bible says men are worth 50 shekels but women only 30, that came from your god? Or the flood story where getting back at a nasty tribe of humans, your god destroys almost all land life forms on Earth? How can you believe that such nonsense actually came from a god? Or the tests, like Abe told to kill his son to verify his loyalty when an omniscient god would have known when it made the universe who would be bad and who would be good.

You believe all that crap came from a GOD?
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:17
    You are fully aware of the meaning of the sentence as given. Why do you persist in the pretence that you are not? For whom do you maintain this charade?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So when your bible says men are worth 50 shekels but women only 30, that came from your god? Or the flood story where getting back at a nasty tribe of humans, your god destroys almost all land life forms on Earth? How can you believe that such nonsense actually came from a god? Or the tests, like Abe told to kill his son to verify his loyalty when an omnisc ...[text shortened]... universe who would be bad and who would be good.

You believe all that crap came from a GOD?
    You obviously think you know better.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:23
    You are fully aware of the meaning of the sentence as given. Why do you persist in the pretence that you are not? For whom do you maintain this charade?
    When you wrote the sentence to me were you busy telling me 'the truth' or not?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:241 edit
    You obviously think you know better.
    So you really believe women are OBVIOUSLY worth less then men, since it is right there in your bible. That allows you to put down women 'Those dam women drivers', those weak willed women shouldn't be doing a man's job, they should be home barefoot and pregnant". That's about it isn't it.

It could NEVER be that only men wrote those verses could it? It's in the BIBLE so it OBVIOUSLY came from a god.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:33
    When you wrote the sentence to me were you busy telling me 'the truth' or not?
    And now you attempt to muddy the waters further? What silly games you play here.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you really believe women are OBVIOUSLY worth less then men, since it is right there in your bible. That allows you to put down women 'Those dam women drivers', those weak willed women shouldn't be doing a man's job, they should be home barefoot and pregnant". That's about it isn't it.

It could NEVER be that only men wrote those verses could it? It's in the BIBLE so it OBVIOUSLY came from a god.
    Would you mind quoting the verse and explaining the context while you are at it?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:37
    And now you attempt to muddy the waters further? What silly games you play here.
    Now you are just floundering. Answer the question.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:38
    Now you are just floundering. Answer the question.
    My first instinct is to tell you to go and fornicate with yourself. Yes, I think I'll go with that one. If you wish to continue the discussion without playing silly word games, let me know.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:41
    My first instinct is to tell you to go and fornicate with yourself. Yes, I think I'll go with that one. If you wish to continue the discussion without playing silly word games, let me know.
    Well you certainly act like someone who should be lecturing me about truth. 🙄
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:44
    Well you certainly act like someone who should be lecturing me about truth. 🙄
    Hey, you got to pretend you were 'winning' again! Good for you, slugger.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:57
    Hey, you got to pretend you were 'winning' again! Good for you, slugger.
    I find it interesting that you spend so much time debating what the truth is when you supposedly believe no one has it.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 May '17 14:02
    I find it interesting that you spend so much time debating what the truth is when you supposedly believe no one has it.
    From where do you get the idea that I spend any time at all debating what truth is?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree