Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I believe he does.
    What particular lies has he told?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:26
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    ...you cannot give me one example of his deception.
    I am simply not interested in doing so. If I wanted to, I could rabbit on all day about stuff he says on his show.

The question is this:

Is there an incongruity between Alex Jones' opinions, his demeanour and his deeds, on one hand, and his claim to be a Christian, on the other? Or is he providing a model (along with awareness and motivation) for pushing back against the godlessness that many Christians see afflicting this world?

I am not asking anyone to agree with my political views.

I am asking for other people's views on the supposed Christian underpinning of his politics.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:27
    What particular lies has he told?
    On the previous page you asked me this: Do you have any particular example of his intention to deceive? See my answer to that.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am simply not interested in doing so. If I wanted to, I could rabbit on all day about stuff he says on his show.

The question is this:

[b]Is there an incongruity between Alex Jones' opinions, his demeanour and his deeds, on one hand, and his claim to be a Christian, on the other? Or is he providing a model (along with awareness and motivation) for pushin ...[text shortened]...

I am asking for other people's views on the supposed Christian underpinning of his politics.
    You just called the man a liar, surely you can give me one example of a lie that he has told.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:39
    You just called the man a liar, surely you can give me one example of a lie that he has told.
    I am not interested. Millions of people in the U.S. think he is a incorrigible liar. And millions think he tells the truth and does so fearlessly. I am not the slightest bit interested in giving you examples of why I see him the way I see him. But I am interested in Christian perspectives on his 'campaigning' on certain issues and what he sees as the moral bankruptcy of the conventional, mainstream, "consensus" in the public domain in the U.S.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not interested. Millions of people in the U.S. think he is a incorrigible liar. And millions think he tells the truth and does so fearlessly. I am not the slightest bit interested in giving you examples of why I see him the way I see him. But I am interested in Christian perspectives on his 'campaigning' on certain issues and what he sees as the moral bankruptcy of the conventional, mainstream, "consensus" in the public domain in the U.S.
    And I am particularly interested in why you would call him a liar even if you don't have one example of a lie he told.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:57
    And I am particularly interested in why you would call him a liar even if you don't have one example of a lie he told.
    You're just going to have to come to terms with fact that I am not going to offer you any examples.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 May '17 10:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're just going to have to come to terms with fact that I am not going to offer you any examples.
    You're just going to have to come to terms with fact that you don't have any to offer. 😉
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 10:33
    You're just going to have to come to terms with fact that you don't have any to offer. 😉
    Don't be silly. I am fascinated by the stuff he comes out with, and its political context, and there are countless examples. It's just not the topic of this thread.

If you are interested in his schtick, you could go sample his shows on Youtube. His media channel is called infowars.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 May '17 10:502 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't be silly. I am fascinated by the stuff he comes out with, and its political context, and there are countless examples. It's just not the topic of this thread.

If you are interested in his schtick, you could go sample his shows on Youtube. His media channel is called infowars.
    Don't be silly. This thread is about Alex Jones. How is discussing his 'lies' not part of this thread?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:03
    Don't be silly. This thread is about Alex Jones. How is discussing his 'lies' not part of this thread?
    See the OP.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:312 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    See the OP.
    If you provide evidence of his supposed lies that would say something about his 'opinions and his claims to be a Christian', would it not?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:36
    If you provide evidence of his lies that would say something about his 'opinions and his claims to be a Christian, would it not?
    Me coming to the conclusion that he is a liar is not the issue. I don't care whether people think he is a liar or a truth teller. The issue is his claim to be pushing back against the godlessness that many Christians see afflicting this world.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:38
    FMF: Do you have any thoughts on Alex Jones?

Never heard of him.
    Have a look for yourself.

https://www.infowars.com/
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Me coming to the conclusion that he is a liar is not the issue. I don't care whether people think he is a liar or a truth teller. The issue is his claim to be pushing back against the godlessness that many Christians see afflicting this world.
    Either his claim is true or he is lying. Why would you claim that he is lying if you didn't care about it? Also what would be the point of this discussion if you didn't care about his claims being true or false?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree