1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 19:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You're such an irritating ignorant doofus that it's hard to imagine how you can go through life not being beaten to a pulp everyday.
    Sticks and stones Dive.

Besides, everyone at RHP knows that you and FMF are the two most annoying people on this site. The creepy way in which you guys defend each other, while using bizarre pet names like "master", is but one reason that you two top the list of aggravation and irritation.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 19:38
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Sticks and stones Dive.

Besides, everyone at RHP knows that you and FMF are the two most annoying people on this site. The creepy way in which you guys defend each other, while using bizarre pet names like "master", is but one reason that you two top the list of aggravation and irritation.
    How's that chromosome hunt coming along?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 19:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How's that chromosome hunt coming along?
    Some 'doofus' named Dive informed me that God provided the chromosome. Another 'doofus' named FMF says it was a miracle.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 19:461 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Some 'doofus' named Dive informed me that God provided the chromosome. Another 'doofus' named FMF says it was a miracle.
    Well there it is then.

Glad to be able to help you on your quest to discover if you are a Christian or not.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '17 21:37
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If you accept that the creator of a thread doesn't own his creation, why should that be any different for God and his relationship with man? - I'm assuming you don't think a mother owns her child, so again, why does God own man and feel at moral liberty to destroy him at will?
    God made Man from the dust and gifted him with life. This is a little different than creating a thread on the internet, which is mostly crap anyway, or even reproducing, which in our case, is just a possible side-effect of having sex, which could be argued to be a rather selfish thing. Are you claiming that Man is now God? Maybe only in his own mind, which could be a reason why the human condition is still as poor as it is.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 May '17 21:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    God made Man from the dust and gifted him with life. This is a little different than creating a thread on the internet, which is mostly crap anyway, or even reproducing, which in our case, is just a possible side-effect of having sex, which could be argued to be a rather selfish thing. Are you claiming that Man is now God? Maybe only in his own mind, which could be a reason why the human condition is still as poor as it is.
    I dunno.
    Both examples appeal to the idea of free will
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 22:01
    Originally posted by leunammi
    What are Alex's opinions, demeanor and deeds on one hand vs. his claim to be a Christian on the other. Can you be a little more specific?
    Not not really. I think this thread was intended for people who know who he is and who are interested in talking about it. However there seems to be no one here with that particular combination of knowledge and desire! 🙂
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 May '17 22:05
    Are you claiming that Man is now God? Maybe only in his own mind, which could be a reason why the human condition is still as poor as it is.

Serious question. Why do you think it is so poor amongst Christians?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '17 08:592 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Are you claiming that Man is now God? Maybe only in his own mind, which could be a reason why the human condition is still as poor as it is.

Serious question. Why do you think it is so poor amongst Christians?[/b]
    The income disparity gap keeps down those on the lower end.

These could be Christian or not. I do not see that those who are poor are overwhelmingly Christian. Many are, because they are Catholic, but their choice of religion is most likely meaningless as a reason why they are held down.

Edit: Yes, I know you were responding to a post talking more about poor as in QoL, and not poor, as in income, per se. I really cannot be convinced that most who struggle with a poor QoL are necessarily Christian. QoL is composed of many things, an important one is attitude, or outlook. Christians, as a group, have a better attitude than those who are not, regardless of income, this is just my opinion, YMMV*.

* Your Mileage May Vary
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 May '17 16:05
    The income disparity gap keeps down those on the lower end.

These could be Christian or not. I do not see that those who are poor are overwhelmingly Christian. Many are, because they are Catholic, but their choice of religion is most likely meaningless as a reason why they are held down.

Edit: Yes, I know you were responding to a post talking more a ...[text shortened]... se who are not, regardless of income, this is just my opinion, YMMV*.

* Your Mileage May Vary
    Sorry. I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you were speaking of human condition in regards to morality.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 May '17 07:221 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Sorry. I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you were speaking of human condition in regards to morality.
    Aaah, now I see why you asked.

But it seems the point still stands, in a way. Christian morality is not nearly as random as atheist morality. It may be misbegotten or misdirected, but it is not random.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 May '17 07:36
    Aaah, now I see why you asked.

But it seems the point still stands, in a way. Christian morality is not nearly as random as atheist morality. It may be misbegotten or misdirected, but it is not random.
    Christian morality is founded on the random and often contradictory behaviour of their chosen deity.

I'll take atheist morality any day of the week.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 07:45
    Christian morality is not nearly as random as atheist morality. It may be misbegotten or misdirected, but it is not random.
    There is such a lot diversity and inconsistency between the ideas, utterances and deeds of Christians, it may as well be 'random', I think.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 May '17 07:582 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Christian morality is founded on the random and often contradictory behaviour of their chosen deity.

Atheist morality: everyone is god of their own little universe, so everyone decides for themselves what is right and wrong. Lots of contradiction there.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 08:092 edits
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Atheist morality: everyone is god of their own little universe.
    I don't think you fared very well when you tried to discuss this assertion when you were posting as Fetchmyjunk. Are you hoping to have another go at discussing it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree