1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 04:172 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    Didn't read the post whodey, but do I need to?
    It doesn't take much to belittle your beliefs let's face it.

Oh, and I can take it, don't worry ...
    And it seems as though it doesn't take much to belittle your beliefs either. It is only a matter of choosing to show a little respect about other beliefs that you deem laughable or contrary to your own.

Oh, and I do worry, I worry a great deal...............NOT
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 04:171 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It was never a contest of mechanisms telerion, I have been debating
    with you for how long? I acknowledge small changes, we can call that
    evolution if you like, if that makes you happy. The debate is about
    what was the starting point like, how much change can a be done
    through these small changes, and so on.
    Kelly
    I haven't debated with you in a long time. Given that you guys have no other mechanism than magic, I think the whole discussion is a non-starter. Nevertheless, I show up now and then to prod some of you to offer original or novel ideas.

Edit: No offense to you, KJ. Your faith is your own to choose of course. However, 'God just done it somehow or other and evolution beyond a kind is impossible . . . crazy evolutionists . . . radiometic dating flawed . . . human footprints found with dinosaurs . . . the flood altered all the laws of physics just so . . .etc.' just isn't very interesting to me.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 04:51
    I believe it to be true, but in a limited fashion.
    Kelly
    You don't seem capable of comprehending Kelly. If we are not the result of Evolution from lower lifeforms over millions of years then what did we come from? That's the question that has been asked in this thread and the question that you have failed to answer.

Provide a viable scientific alternative or just quit while only most people think you are full of crap.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 05:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    No requirment for any precursor? How can an entity of any kind have no requirement for a precursor? Can you provide an example? That is of coarse if you think that the BB was the origin of everything.
    Look, you said it yourself. The BIG BANG WAS THE ORIGIN OF EVERYTHING! That means it doesn't require a precursor, because, by definition, there was nothing, not even time, before it!!!!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 05:40
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Look, you said it yourself. The BIG BANG WAS THE ORIGIN OF [b]EVERYTHING! That means it doesn't require a precursor, because, by definition, there was nothing, not even time, before it!!!![/b]
    What I said was science points to the BB as the origin of everything and it is my belief that the precursor to such an event was God himself.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 06:24
    What I said was science points to the BB as the origin of everything and it is my belief that the precursor to such an event was God himself.
    Absolutely, but do remember that what you have is a belief, for which there can be no proof. It's just as rational, and more parsimonious, to believe there was nothing pre-big bang.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 06:332 edits
    Absolutely, but do remember that what you have is a belief, for which there can be no proof. It's just as rational, and more parsimonious, to believe there was nothing pre-big bang.
    Whatever you believe to be present or not present pre-BB is nothing more than a belief and it is not based upon science. It matters little whether you believe in God or not.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 06:34
    What does any of this have to do with a viable scientific alternative to Evolution?
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 06:38
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    What does any of this have to do with a viable scientific alternative to Evolution?
    If you can't answer the question change it to a new question and argue about that one.
    Didn't they teach you anything in Fundamentalist Dogma 101?
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 07:15
    Whatever you believe to be present or not present pre-BB is nothing more than a belief and it is not based upon science. It matters little whether you believe in God or not.
    You really are thick sometimes (well, all the time actually). If the BB was the start of all matter then there couldn't have been anything before. That's called logic; look it up - logic.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 07:17
    Originally posted by telerion
    I haven't debated with you in a long time. Given that you guys have no other mechanism than magic, I think the whole discussion is a non-starter. Nevertheless, I show up now and then to prod some of you to offer original or novel ideas.

Edit: No offense to you, KJ. Your faith is your own to choose of course. However, 'God just done it somehow or oth ...[text shortened]... flood altered all the laws of physics just so . . .etc.' just isn't very interesting to me.
    Well, God done it and is doing it is what I believe.
    The laws of physics are simply set in motion by God, I'm not sure
    what you mean about them getting changed, they are what they are.
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 15:08
    You really are thick sometimes (well, all the time actually). If the BB was the start of all matter then there couldn't have been anything before. That's called [b]logic; look it up - logic.[/b]
    So all matter just burst out of thin air? And he calls me thick. LOL
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 15:27
    Well, God done it and is doing it is what I believe.
    The laws of physics are simply set in motion by God, I'm not sure
    what you mean about them getting changed, they are what they are.
    Kelly
    I'm talking about how you use Noah's Flood to claim that decay rates were much faster in the past, to account for the very low oxygen content in old rocks, and to explain away the ordering of the fossil record. Sometimes it seems that Creationists believe that any law of physics can be altered with enough water.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 15:27
    So all matter just burst out of thin air? And he calls me thick. LOL
    What air?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 16:46
    Originally posted by telerion
    I'm talking about how you use Noah's Flood to claim that decay rates were much faster in the past, to account for the very low oxygen content in old rocks, and to explain away the ordering of the fossil record. Sometimes it seems that Creationists believe that any law of physics can be altered with enough water.
    My claims are we don't now what the rates really are for the older
    things. We cannot compare them to anything we know is a billion
    years old, which is true of all of our dating methods for things that
    show up that old or older. It isn't that I know the rates changes, it is
    that we don't know. If something did alter the rates on some things
    and not others that too is beyond our knowledge at this time.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree