Altruism

Altruism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11
1 edit

Only one cousellor ever recognized my altruistic trends and how they got me into trouble a lot.
I act like that because "love thy enemies", "give to those less fortunate" and also to learn my own lessons.

But sometimes altruism is just stupidity in action (ie. I've leant a lot of money which I knew was never going to get back to me, amongst other things)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Only one cousellor ever recognized my altruistic trends and how they got me into trouble a lot.
I act like that because "love thy enemies", "give to those less fortunate" and also to learn my own lessons.

But sometimes altruism is just stupidity in action (ie. I've learnt a lot of money which I knew was never going to get back to me, amongst other things)
If you lent money to people and you got it back then that is not an example of altruism.

Altruism is seeking the welfare of others. Being repaid means that the debt has been canceled.

F

Moves
11 Sep 11

But sometimes altruism is just stupidity in action (ie. I've learnt a lot of money which I knew was never going to get back to me, amongst other things)
Sometimes altruism is just wishy-washiness in disguise.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
If you lent money to people and you got it back then that is not an example of altruism.

Altruism is seeking the welfare of others. Being repaid means that the debt has been canceled.
Didn't get paid back. Didn't really even expect it, That's altruism in some form,right?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
Sometimes altruism is just wishy-washiness in disguise.
Yep.
Example?

Cape Town

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by Rajk999

It depends on your interest rates and what other options the person had. The fact that you are lending money as an individual suggests that your are helping someone do something they couldn't have done with banks or a credit card.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Sep 11

Didn't get paid back. Didn't really even expect it, That's altruism in some form,right?
Maybe you should have given them the money rather than calling it a loan?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Maybe you should have given them the money rather than calling it a loan?
I would and do if the person is significantly poorer than me.

I'm talking about those ones where you lend some dvd's and they assure you,looking you in the eye, that they will give them back in a week, while I just nod but know deep down it wont happen.

Yet, I keep doing it

g

Moves
11 Sep 11

.......are soon parted.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by gambit3
.......are soon parted.
?
(my sense of humour is poor)

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Sep 11
1 edit

?
(my sense of humour is poor)
it's a famous saying, do a search.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
it's a famous saying, do a search.
Only credit for rhp. Sorry

g

Moves
11 Sep 11

I am not calling you a fool but it is a fool and his money that are parted.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by gambit3
I am not calling you a fool but it is a fool and his money that are parted.
aye!

Yes I am foolish when it comes to materials. I can admit that publicly-thats why I dont have a credit card AND the internet 🙂

Moves
11 Sep 11
2 edits

aye!

Yes I am foolish when it comes to materials. I can admit that publicly-thats why I dont have a credit card AND the internet 🙂
Just send the necessary personal information.😉