1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I see knowledge as a big jigsaw puzzle. Sometimes you find a piece that fits in your personal puzzle, making the picture becoming clearer. Sometimes you have to rearrange some pieces to make fit another important piece. Some pieces doesn't belong anywhere, so you save them in a box for later use. And some pieces will not ever fit so you just trow them awa ...[text shortened]... ays to se the Ultimate Truth. I'm just happy to find a new piece of the puzzle to fit somewhere.
    The metaphor works for me. As with a puzzle, it's efficient to assemble the perimeter pieces first; then work the middle.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 20:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The metaphor works for me. As with a puzzle, it's efficient to assemble the perimeter pieces first; then work the middle.
    Nobody backs baby into a corner!
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 08:59
    It is a metaphor, yes that's the word. Thank you.

But this puzzle of knowledge does not follow the methods of puzzeling ordinary card boards puzzles. Some pieces are large and important, in themselves consisting of several smaller pieces, in themselves... Some wrong ones fits with precision, some right ones doesn't find its proper position, yet.

But we shouldn't take the metaphor too literary.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 09:29
    It is a metaphor, yes that's the word. Thank you.

But this puzzle of knowledge does not follow the methods of puzzeling ordinary card boards puzzles. Some pieces are large and important, in themselves consisting of several smaller pieces, in themselves... Some wrong ones fits with precision, some right ones doesn't find its proper position, yet.

But we shouldn't take the metaphor too literary.
    Only point is that confusion of knowledge is often worse than ignorance; assembling the perimeter provides a context.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 09:32
    Only point is that confusion of knowledge is often worse than ignorance; assembling the perimeter provides a context.
    Well, not always, not in real life. You cannot study the bible by putting its cover under the microscope. Its very core is easier to find. Sometimes it's better to start in the middle.

Therefore you have to be very careful with metaphors. It doesn't cover everything.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 10:09
    FabianFnas
    I don't claim to be perfect ever. However, I do care that people have the eternal life offered by God through Jesus. I am not sure why people call you names. I am not sure why certain Christians don't want to help me with my concerns. However, it is what I get. I am a sinner based on the bible. I want God and Jesus in my life.

Jesus did tell certain people that they were hypocrits. I guess we all are to some extent when it comes to doing right and expecting others to do right things

If you want to check out the following link, you may find that there are people who want others to believe in Jesus in faith:

We are not perfect, but I care about you finding eternal life.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=if_you_haven%27t_accepted_Jesus_Christ_as_your_Lord_and_Saviur_---&threadid=157351

KingOnPoint
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 10:28
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    FabianFnas
    I don't claim to be perfect ever. However, I do care that people have the eternal life offered by God through Jesus. I am not sure why people call you names. I am not sure why certain Christians don't want to help me with my concerns. However, it is what I get. I am a sinner based on the bible. I want God and Jesus in my life.

Jesus ...[text shortened]... f_you_haven%27t_accepted_Jesus_Christ_as_your_Lord_and_Saviur_---&threadid=157351

KingOnPoint
    I know, I know it very well. There are nice people, and there are nasty people. And it is the nasty ones the are noticed. This scale of nice vs nasty can be applied by christians, muslims, jews and atheists. And it works pretty much the same whichever group you chose.

Should we judge a group by the nasty ones or by the nice ones? The answer is given. But the nice one should deal with the nasty ones within their group, and that isn't happen too much. They just see the other way. "I am not like that." they think, and that's that.

I am not very fond of being told that I am an ignorant, and a moron, just because I pose questions, and follow up with more questions. They wave with the bible and say, read this, understand this, and then come back so I can judge you. No way that will happen.

A friend of mine, a christian, doesn't preach for me. She acts. And she is a Jesus copy. Always nice, always ansering, always caring. She has love in her. And she is a christian. I want to be like her. Then we have ***, always calling others names, always angry, always paranoid of those not swollowing his truths, not very pleasant for short. He calls himself a christian, but god only knows about that.

You don't to have to be perfect. Being loving, caring, and friendly is good enough. Jesus was it. Therefore christianity is a potential good religion.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:37
    I know, I know it very well. There are nice people, and there are nasty people. And it is the nasty ones the are noticed. This scale of nice vs nasty can be applied by christians, muslims, jews and atheists. And it works pretty much the same whichever group you chose.

Should we judge a group by the nasty ones or by the nice ones? The answer is given. B ...[text shortened]... and friendly is good enough. Jesus was it. Therefore christianity is a potential good religion.
    I think it is too much to ask of Christians to be loving and caring to Satan and his demon.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 07:05
    RJHinds
    Do you think that we have to be loving and kind to Satan and the demons. Granted we should not act like Satan towards Satan. we should not act like demons toward demons.

However, Christ is recorded to respond to Satan and talk to demons. Christ never acted like them towards them.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 07:20
    FabianFnas,
    Christians are to be like Christ. Christians are not to give excuses for sinning.

However, all people's human nature is so messed up in everyone. It is easier to be criticizing. It is easier to be angry. It is easier to respond with our inner emotions toward what we are "irked" with or frustrated with. During these times we are fighting back ourselves and not just being upset with someone else. And then there are things people do even though a lot of emotion is not present. Perhaps we need psychologists, at the least, to explain why we humans act like we do, even among christians.

Sin has ruined us. But one day, as told in the bible, redeemed people will be separated from the sin nature.

It isn't just eternal life that is grand, but being separated from the sin nature, separated from ruin, is grand also.

King James Version
    ====================
    Romans 7: 21-25
    I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
  11. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 07:57
    Hi Fabian,

Here is my very simplistic reply to your OP question:

Jesus made two seemingly contradictory statements:

1. He that is not for me, is against me
    2. He that is not against me, is for me.

I prefer the latter as trumping the former.

Looks to me that you are a Christian after all!

In peace,

CJ

🙂
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 08:11
    CalJust,
    Where in the bible is the phrase shown below?

....."2. He that is not against me, is for me."

Secondly, it takes faith in the Son of God as Savior to be with the Father. Even if you are not physically in the way of Christ, what about your words to people? Do you say no words against what Christ said? Do you deny Christ is the Savior of the world? Are you by definition an antichrist? Are you a believer by faith in Christ?

King James Version
    =====================
    I John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

John 3: 17, 18, 36
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
  13. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 10:34
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    CalJust,
    Where in the bible is the phrase shown below?

....."2. He that is not against me, is for me
    I really am surprised that you don't know!

I'll keep you in suspense a while longer and give you the opportunity to find out for yourself.

Btw, you can really go easy on the Biblical quotations - most of the people here who argue from scripture are very familiar with all the verses so frequently quoted by you and some others.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 10:48
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I really am surprised that you don't know!

I'll keep you in suspense a while longer and give you the opportunity to find out for yourself.

Btw, you can really go easy on the Biblical quotations - most of the people here who argue from scripture are very familiar with all the verses so frequently quoted by you and some others.
    Im not surprised. He is not familiar with the Bible.
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 11:59
    Caljust,
    Knowing the bible by word for word memorization is different than remembering many of bible passages in part.

I don't have every word of the bible memorized. Do you expect me to have every word memorized?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree