1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 21:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You must have been taught a revisionist's history. Does it really make sense to you that the white man would really start killing and scalping the Indians first?
    WTF!!!???
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    WTF!!!???
    Do you have any reference to white Europeans scalping their enemies before their encounter with the native American Indians? That was common between the Indians at war among themselves before the white man arrived.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 22:24
    I really need to get out of this forum. Honestly.
    Bye....
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 22:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Bye....
    It seriously is not worth the effort.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 22:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You must have been taught a revisionist's history. Does it really make sense to you that the white man would really start killing and scalping the Indians first? What other historical evidence is there that white men from Europe were in the habit of scalping their enemies?
    And you swallow the revisionist history of the rich, old, white, men's, "rush limbaugh" oligarchy, because for you, it's inclusive.

This is why you're always so shocked when you're confronted with how the world actually is, instead of the fantasy you wish it to be. Perhaps this is why you hate Obama and all democrats.

I suppose you also think the civil rights struggle in this country was just the blacks getting "uppity".
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 23:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And you swallow the revisionist history of the rich, old, white, men's, "rush limbaugh" oligarchy, because for you, it's inclusive.

This is why you're always so shocked when you're confronted with how the world actually is, instead of the fantasy you wish it to be. Perhaps this is why you hate Obama and all democrats.

I suppose you also think the civil rights struggle in this country was just the blacks getting "uppity".
    I have voted for conservative Democrats. So I do not hate Democrats or those of a different race. I don't hate Obama. I am not against Obama because of his race. I am against Obama because of his liberal politics, his overstep of his executive power, his incompetence as a President, his lies to the public, and becasue he is a Muslim pretending to be a Christian.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 02:26
    I really need to get out of this forum. Honestly.
    I'm away for 1 day, how the heck did this thread get into scalping?? Are these guys for real, LOL!!!
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 02:481 edit
    The example Pudgenik used to demonstrate "real Christianity" leading to salvation was the thief on the cross. That example does not support the premise as the thief showed no compassion.
    I am sorry i should have expanded my thoughts.

It is written in the scripture, "no one can go to the Father, but through me" (Jesus). In the concept of going through Jesus we have to understand what Jesus is. True, He is the Word. But He is also God. And what is God - "love".

So when we look at the thief on the cross, there has to be an expression of love in some form.

The compassion or charity, that the thief is expressing is indirect.
    He says rebuking the other thief, "Don't you fear God, since you are under the same sentence. We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. - But this man has done nothing wrong. -

You see it is in this statement, and the way in which it was given. Ever so slight, but it is there.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 20:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Bye....
    What's up, you leaving again?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 20:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nevertheless, you could answer the question in the spirit I intended it, so that I could more closely understand your position.
    My apologies, would you mind clarifying?

Thanks.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 20:55
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I am sorry i should have expanded my thoughts.

It is written in the scripture, "no one can go to the Father, but through me" (Jesus). In the concept of going through Jesus we have to understand what Jesus is. True, He is the Word. But He is also God. And what is God - "love".

So when we look at the thief on the cross, there has to be an expression of ...[text shortened]... see it is in this statement, and the way in which it was given. Ever so slight, but it is there.
    I don't see "compassion" in that statement I see identification, but if you choose to do so then fine for you.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I'm away for 1 day, how the heck did this thread get into scalping?? Are these guys for real, LOL!!!
    Hey do not include me in your revelation of the retardation!
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 00:23
    I wasn't thinking of you at all, as who was talking of scalping. Just trying to keep the thread on your track.

I'll have to dig up another scripture on the compassion issue, there are many, but i need to go. Things to do.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 00:24
    By the way, do you think we could scalp a few characters here, 🙂 , please, lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree