1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 05:39
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Odin allowed himself to be hanged from the World Tree as a sacrifice to himself. He will be eaten by the Wolf Frenrir during Ragnorak. Since the Christians claim unqualified victory in their analogous battle I don't think you are in a great position in a "yours is a puny god" competition.
    When Ragnorak happens I'm switching my allegiance to Zeus.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 08:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean free will to reject all other religions and non religions and ONLY your religion gets you to heaven. I don't think that is even CLOSE to free will. That is programming pure and simple.
    It's nothing at all like the programming that has resulted in your post getting three thumbs up.

Yes, I have free will. I can only weep for those who feel they don't have free will. They are the ones who've been duped.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 08:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Might as well be an atheist. Nice pejorative buried in there.
    /shrug

It is what it is.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 08:58
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Appears you didn't comprehend my post. Let me know when you have re-read it.
    Come on, even I think you're better than this.

This is the caliber of response FMF would make.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 09:081 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    As opposed to your god that gets bent all out of shape by someone masturbating...

If FMF's 'gut feeling god' is a universe creating one, what makes it any more or less 'puny' than yours?
    As opposed to your god that gets bent all out of shape by someone masturbating...
    Sorry, that's really not MY God. But clearly you don't know my God, and so I don't expect you to be accurate regarding him.

If FMF's 'gut feeling god' is a universe creating one, what makes it any more or less 'puny' than yours?
    Well, let's see. Apparently, he hasn't made any effort to communicate with his creation at all. Why would anyone worship such a god?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 09:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Your puny god let his son be hammered to a cross.
    My god (Odin) gives his son a bloody big hammer.
    Incoherent and false.

You're an atheist. You don't believe in any god, so this bit about "your god" is not true.

Where is Odin today?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 09:24
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    FMF's self-description seem to me to be the description of a weakly theistic agnostic. To be consistent with your comments in the other current thread where the atheist/agnostic distinction has come up you should be respecting his position.
    My comments in "the other thread" are not my thoughts, they were a recap of GF's thoughts (he doesn't believe in "agnosticism" either). Given that my God has gone to great lengths to educate man about himself, it's ridiculous that there are some who are "not sure" about God. Clearly, either he is, or he is not. If FMF's "god" exists, he's a remarkably "do nothing" god. Kinda makes one wonder "what's the point?"
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 09:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Start a thread about it. This thread is about the podcast in the OP and about the terminology it discusses.
    Gutless.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 09:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Incoherent and false.
    It is impossible to be both incoherent and false. Incoherent statements do not have a truth value.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 10:06
    You're an atheist. You don't believe in any god, so this bit about "your god" is not true.

Where is Odin today?
    I don't have a belief in the existence of any gods.
    But Odin's where my money is.

Where is he? He hangs out at the same bar as yours.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 11:28
    My comments in "the other thread" are not my thoughts, they were a recap of GF's thoughts (he doesn't believe in "agnosticism" either). Given that my God has gone to great lengths to educate man about himself, it's ridiculous that there are some who are "not sure" about God. Clearly, either he is, or he is not. If FMF's "god" exists, he's a remarkably "do nothing" god. Kinda makes one wonder "what's the point?"
    Wrong again. Not only do I believe that there is a position labelled agnosticism, I have included
    that position in my profile.

You seem to be going even farther out of your way than usual to deliberately 'misunderstand' my posts.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 11:46
    Gutless.
    What people are calling New Atheists and the topic in the podcast are not the same thing. I still have a hope that this thread can stick to the content of the podcast.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 11:48
    If FMF's "god" exists, he's a remarkably "do nothing" god. Kinda makes one wonder "what's the point?"
    Do you think that people who do not believe that God has revealed Himself should make stuff up so they have an answer when someone asks "what's the point?" Do you think they need to imagine attributes that make God seem not "puny"?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 16:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think that people who do not believe that God has revealed Himself should make stuff up so they have an answer when someone asks "what's the point?" Do you think they need to imagine attributes that make God seem not "puny"?
    Imagination is not required.

Recognition of what IS there is.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 16:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    What people are calling New Atheists and the topic in the podcast are not the same thing. I still have a hope that this thread can stick to the content of the podcast.
    I'll bet you do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree