1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 19:111 edit
    Modern science has lots of money for research and they have the biggest most expensive telescopes but still because of specualtion they get it wrong.

They have presented to us all that their are millions of suns (the stars) but these are not suns.

There is only one sun (proper) in this universe.

This is how science speculates and gets it wrong.

note: there may be some minor fiery bodies out there - but there is only one sun proper in this universe.

Vedic cosmology is the most accurate and the corresponding knowledge has been there long before telescopes ever existed.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 19:40
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Modern science has lots of money for research and they have the biggest most expensive telescopes but still because of specualtion they get it wrong.

They have presented to us all that their are millions of suns (the stars) but these are not suns.

note ...[text shortened]... ost accurate and the corresponding knowledge has been there long before telescopes ever existed.
    You call the stars "minor fiery bodies" so you must have an idea of their size compared to our sun.

Care to share your calculations with us?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:02

note ...[text shortened]... ost accurate and the corresponding knowledge has been there long before telescopes ever existed.
    Idiot.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:16
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You call the stars "minor fiery bodies" so you must have an idea of their size compared to our sun.

Care to share your calculations with us?
    You have misquoted my comment.

I have said there some minor fiery bodies.

The key words here are "some" and "minor"

Could you then re-formulate your question please.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:22
    You have misquoted my comment.

I have said there some minor fiery bodies.

The key words here are "some" and "minor"

Could you then re-formulate your question please.
    Are you saying our sun is the largest in the universe? Also, how many stars, or 'minor fiery bodies', are in the universe according to Vedic Cosmology?
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:241 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Idiot.
    Divegeester

Let me talk to you....just you.

You have been following me around the forum for months and each time you comment to my posts you have blurted out rude comments, criticism, rejection, slander and the rest.

What are you attempting to communicate from your Christian perspective - because you are actually presenting nothing.......nothing at all.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:38
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are you saying our sun is the largest in the universe? Also, how many stars, or 'minor fiery bodies', are in the universe according to Vedic Cosmology?
    There are unlimited objects floating in the cosmos and I cannot give you a figure of how many minor fiery bodies are out there - but the OP was just to inform that science has got it wrong through speculation telling us that all those stars are suns.

There is only one sun proper in this universe.

I wish not to turn the Op into a discussion about cosmology but only to highlight the fact that science does speculate about their cosmology with the result being misunderstanding.

This was my only purpose for his particular OP.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:42
    What would you define as the universe? Where does it end in your opinion and where does it start?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:46
    There are unlimited objects floating in the cosmos and I cannot give you a figure of how many minor fiery bodies are out there - but the OP was just to inform that science has got it wrong through speculation telling us that all those stars are suns.

I wish not to turn the Op into a discussion about cosmology ...[text shortened]... ology with the result being misunderstanding.

The star in the middle of our solar system we have called the 'sun'. It is a star. The countless other solar systems in the universe also have stars at their centers, but you are correct in that we don't call them all 'suns'.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:551 edit

The position a body has in the sky, is not the position it has in our consciousness. The sun is unique in our consciousness. Other fiery bodies are minor to it, in this respect. In this respect, Vedic cosmology has it right.

The above is a charitable understanding of your point. It may be a misunderstanding, but it is charitable.

http://vedicastrology-astroguru-india.blogspot.com/2009/07/sun-in-vedic-astrology.html
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:56

I wish not to turn the Op into a discussion about cosmology ...[text shortened]... ology with the result being misunderstanding.

What is your idea of a 'minor fiery body'? Can it give a planet like Earth heat? Are you saying there is no life anywhere else in the universe?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 20:58
    Divegeester

Let me talk to you....just you.

You have been following me around the forum for months and each time you comment to my posts you have blurted out rude comments, criticism, rejection, slander and the rest.

What are you attempting to communicate from your Christian perspective - because you are actually presenting nothing.......nothing at all.
    Lol.

I don't follow YOU Mr Self-Obsessed. Every time I log on, here YOU are, cluttering up the forum with your boring repetitive, inane troll-isms. You are a troll; the only question remaining is whether it is by design or by accident of birth. Do you come from a small village by any chance?

You refuse to answer questions put to you, where posters have tried to engage you. You insult members and pollute this forum with your childish blithering and foot-stamping extremism. I felt guilty and tried to play a game with you but you just copy/pasted more of your rubbish at me.

You encapsulate, in one pathetic online persona, everything that is bad about both religion and the internet.

Go out, have a beer, get laid and watch some sport...while you still have some life left.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 22:26
    As far as I knew our sun is an exmple of a smaller star. There are many larger (and hotter) ones out there.
    Your op almost sounds like the speculation some 100's of years ago that the Earth was the centre of the universe.

Surley all we need to do is have a basic understanding of astronomy and have a gander at the night sky to see that there a literally tens of thousands of visible stars in our universe which are as big as, if not bigger than our sun
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 22:272 edits

So our solar system lies smack bang in the centre of the universe then. So we're (as non believers) closed minded if we maintain our skepticism about all purported sources of authority barring yours, yet you are open minded with your view that in an unfathomably large universe there exists only one tiny region of it that bears any real significance - namely ours.

Even if you don't believe it, can you not draw even a coincidental correlation between the thought processes of our scientifically ill-informed ancestors and the conclusion that there is nought other than us!?
    Hell, by some strange fluke you might be right and all the laws of physics discovered by humans are just special cases of some phenomenon that supports your holy book; for one moment can't you just consider the possibility that maybe...just MAYBE...thousands of years ago, humans with no recourse to a catelogue of scientific investigation and documentation would have no explanation for some big old bright thing in the sky other than it's the most important big bright thing there ever was an ever will be anywhere!???
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 23:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    As far as I knew our sun is an exmple of a smaller star. There are many larger (and hotter) ones out there.
    Your op almost sounds like the speculation some 100's of years ago that the Earth was the centre of the universe.

Surley all we need to do is have a basic understanding of astronomy and have a gander at the night sky to see that there a litera ...[text shortened]... s of thousands of visible stars in our universe which are as big as, if not bigger than our sun
    Betelgeuse is the star on the right shoulder (left side as you look at it) of the constellation Orion.
    It is visibly red, (on a clear dark night sky) and if it were in the centre of our solar system its surface
    (in as much as a star has a definable surface) would be around the orbit of Jupiter.

It is so big that despite being around 620 LY away it appears as a disc rather than a point as most
    other stars do.

It is vastly bigger than our sun, and is not alone in being that massive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betelgeuse

It may go supernova at any time... in the next million years :-)

But it is one of the best known candidates for the next star to go supernova in this galaxy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree