1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 May '14 02:39
    LemonJello,
    Why do you care so much about understanding evil? The one that decides what evil is, is the Creator of all. The bible says that the Creator will judge us for our own sins if we do not put faith in Christ for eternal life. Do you care that you can be judged by a Holy God? Put more effort in trying to understand God's ways rather than philosophical arguments or whatever about evil. Are you not more concerned about your soul than about knowledge?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '14 03:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Urinating on facts changes nothing, BigDogg: we accept authority of parents, coaches and teachers beginning in childhood.
    Sure, but those aren't the only people who can teach us something. If that's true for you, I pity you; you have missed out on much wisdom.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 May '14 14:46
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Hell, I'd be happy with an atheist who knew what the argument had to say, let alone a theist who understood the premises.

But alas, the only atheist worth their salt no longer frequents the site.
    Instead, we're stuck with these wanna-be's who can't argue their way out of a wet paper bag open at both ends.

<sigh>
    Physician, heal thyself.

Where is that Hitlerian counterexample?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 May '14 14:48
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    LemonJello,
    Why do you care so much about understanding evil? The one that decides what evil is, is the Creator of all. The bible says that the Creator will judge us for our own sins if we do not put faith in Christ for eternal life. Do you care that you can be judged by a Holy God? Put more effort in trying to understand God's ways rather than phil ...[text shortened]... uments or whatever about evil. Are you not more concerned about your soul than about knowledge?
    Are there any premises in the opening argument that you would reject? Which one(s) and why?
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 May '14 16:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Urinating on facts changes nothing, BigDogg: we accept authority of parents, coaches and teachers beginning in childhood.
    Those of us that grow up learn to CHALLENGE authority due to authority often being wrong.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 May '14 23:23
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Physician, heal thyself.

Where is that Hitlerian counterexample?
    Pot, meet kettle.

I'll give you whatever you want, but only after you respond to the challenges I have set continually set forth from the beginning of the conversation.
    Barring your direct response, I will accept quotes wherein the challenges have been answered.
    What does not count as a response: "This has already been answered," or equivalents.
    Stating the challenges have been answered is not equated with actual answers to the challenges.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    07 May '14 15:521 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Pot, meet kettle.

I'll give you whatever you want, but only after you respond to the challenges I have set continually set forth from the beginning of the conversation.
    Barring your direct response, I will accept quotes wherein the challenges have been answered.
    What does not count as a response: "This has already been answered," or equivalents ...[text shortened]...
    Stating the challenges have been answered is not equated with actual answers to the challenges.
    Well pardon me for thinking that you are still just posturing. The last quid pro quo session we had in this thread terminated with your shamelessly skipping out without reciprocating. At any rate, I'm not sure why you would want to delay presenting the Hitlerian counterexample, if it really is the case that it is damaging to the opening argument.

If you honestly think there are substantive points you have made to which I have not refuted, then please explicitly state what they are, including in each case explicit mention of which specific premise or logical step in the opening argument the objection is meant to address. If you cannot bother to do at least this much, then I cannot be bothered to continue responding to you in any depth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree