1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 23:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you harking back to the despised 'original sin'?
    No I don't have to go that far back for me.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 08:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No you aren't. You are just a bit more placid that most others around you in the real world.
    Yes, I understand you saying that, and it is something i've been told before when trying to explain this issue. However, 'I really do' lack the ability to get angry. It is an emotion I just don't have in my emotional portfolio.

Sorry if this makes you angry dude.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 08:37
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You think not getting mad makes you better than others?
    I'll resist giving thoughts on why that it and just say, I'm sure you have other faults that put
    you on the level as the rest of us., that being flawed due to our human nature.
    No, I don't think that.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 09:44
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, I understand you saying that, and it is something i've been told before when trying to explain this issue. However, 'I really do' lack the ability to get angry. It is an emotion I just don't have in my emotional portfolio.

what about injustices, how do you deal with that? If anything gets me angry its perceived injustices.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 09:45
    I am lacking this emotion. ((No, really). As far back as I can remember I have been physically and mentally incapable of becoming angry. - Irritated or disappointed sure, but not angry.

This has proved to be a double edged sword for me. On one hand I tend to be unflappable and keep my cool in tense situations (it is also a quality well suited to m ...[text shortened]... God think about human anger?

Please feel free to respond however you want. I won't get angry.
    Anger was modeled for me by the ass that raised me, and my mother was Sicilian, from Brooklyn.

To me anger comes as naturally as breathing. Thing is though I'm harmless. My anger is directed at the issue and not at people. But that's not how my family sees it, and rightly so.

It says in the Bible to "be angry and sin not". I've had to learn how to do that by recognizing the signs of rage building up inside me and checking the emotion before I blow.

Anger is my worst sin. Once I see red... 😞

Anger has also been my friend. It has saved my life on more than one occasion. It drives me to succeed against all odds, but I hate it too.

There's another side of me too. I feel other's pain. I'm caught between rage and tenderness. I can be brought to tears over the tiniest thing, and rage over injustice and cruelty. All in the same moment.

Anger gives me a sense of control, while I see my tender side as a weakness, but in reality it is my true strength.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 10:15
    No, I don't think that.
    I didn't really think you did either. I'd say it is a good thing, we can do and say things that
    tend to be unkind when angry. Yet, before God your other weakness will make you as
    unworthy as anyone else.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 12:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I didn't really think you did either. I'd say it is a good thing, we can do and say things that
    tend to be unkind when angry. Yet, before God your other weakness will make you as
    unworthy as anyone else.
    I was just curious if the ability not to get angry was something spiritually aspirational. It could equally be the case I guess that the inability to express the full array of human emotion is a block to spiritual growth.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 12:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about injustices, how do you deal with that? If anything gets me angry its perceived injustices.
    Anger appears (from the outside) to be an emotion that people get caught up in and engulfed by. It is something that can not be controlled and something that (for a short time at least) takes over their mind-set and fuels their actions. - It can often be a useful emotion that ensures a persons voice is heard and that things are not quietly brushed under the carpet. I recognise that.

For whatever reason, I don't work that way. I'm not by any means a robot and I fully experience other emotions like love or envy. When it comes however to issues that 'should' make me angry (like injustice) I feel detached and an outside observer. I can feel abhorrence, sympathy and the pressing need to take action. I'm just not overcome by feelings of anger or rage. I don't get red in the face, I don't shout or kick the cat.

I can at times also feel irritated and vexed, but I don't think this is the same as anger or rage.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 14:25
    I am lacking this emotion. ((No, really). As far back as I can remember I have been physically and mentally incapable of becoming angry. - Irritated or disappointed sure, but not angry.

This has proved to be a double edged sword for me. On one hand I tend to be unflappable and keep my cool in tense situations (it is also a quality well suited to m ...[text shortened]... God think about human anger?

So you are good with anger, eh?

I have the gift of balancing things. Put about anything on my head and I'll be able to balance it. 😵
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 23:10

I'm extremely emotional, including the very destructive emotion known as anger.
    During my early 20's, when I realized that I got into situations where I could not control my anger I really needed to do some serious "inner" work to get hold of this "imbalance".
    After some 5 years of daily work I feel if I could trust myself fully again to be in control of my anger related emotions at all times. One of the best things I ever did- for me and society as a whole.
    Of course you have heard the theory that anger stems from fear, which is a reaction to not knowing.
    So by this logic, educating oneself,especially about those elements in society which we would be quick to anger over, is a very helpful tool in eliminating anger
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 23:16
    I was just curious if the ability not to get angry was something spiritually aspirational. It could equally be the case I guess that the inability to express the full array of human emotion is a block to spiritual growth.
    As far as spirituality goes, (and I guess by your posts that you too have seen this), when it comes to dealing with spirituality or religion some people are quick to anger. Quicker than they normally would be.
    For this I have made up a very simply , yet helpful saying : "I'm serious about being not serious."
    This means that when dealing with these 'deeper' issues, I always feel I (and the other) needs to remain at a level where we can still laugh, and more importantly, be able to laugh at ourselves or our beliefs.
    Whenever I encounter someone who is taking it a tad too seriously I automatically wind it down or change the subject altogether.
    Anger is toxic and has absolutely no help (in it's uncontrolled form-which is like 99.99% of the time) in spiritual matters.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 23:18
    Anger appears (from the outside) to be an emotion that people get caught up in and engulfed by. It is something that can not be controlled and something that (for a short time at least) takes over their mind-set and fuels their actions. - It can often be a useful emotion that ensures a persons voice is heard and that things are not quietly brushed un ...[text shortened]... can at times also feel irritated and vexed, but I don't think this is the same as anger or rage.
    I think your disposition to be able to control your anger,( or is it true that your are almost entirley devoid of it? ), is a great help in your chosen profession. Do they throw some "hard" cases your way because of this?
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 23:29
    We know that the inability to feel pain (congenital analgesia) is an "extremely dangerous condition" (wiki).

I think the inability to feel anger must be similar, since anger is an important and useful emotion.

Modern psychologists view anger as a primary, natural, and mature emotion experienced by virtually all humans at times, and as something that has functional value for survival. Anger is seen as a supportive mechanism to show a person that something is wrong and requires changing. Anger can mobilize psychological resources for corrective action. wiki
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 00:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    Anger was modeled for me by the ass that raised me, and my mother was Sicilian, from Brooklyn.

To me anger comes as naturally as breathing. Thing is though I'm harmless. My anger is directed at the issue and not at people. But that's not how my family sees it, and rightly so.

It says in the Bible to "be angry and sin not". I've had to learn how to do t ...[text shortened]... nse of control, while I see my tender side as a weakness, but in reality it is my true strength.
    I feel you on this.

Some people have a sincere passion for life, and while it can be a good thing, often it becomes a millstone when uncontrolled.

My control used to be physical exertion, and this has kept me fit and results in fewer medical problems. Martial arts has taken the place of this for me recently, while also changing my external demeanor.

Ultimately, we do what we need to do to find harmony.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 07:50

It doesn't make me angry at all; does me not believing you make you angry?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree