1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 03:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. Spoken like a pro at that I think.
    “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. "
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 03:13
    12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”
    Did you ever shun your own child?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 03:28
    Anyone catch the series called breaking Amish ?
    Apparently they shun there people all of the time

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/breaking-amish

I do question TLC or who ever the wisdom of dropping a bunch of naive young kids in NY city

Manny
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 07:13
    Oh no..we've been caught! That's exactly the plan we had but I guess it didn't work. Just couldn't fool those dang Yankees could we? Lol
    on a serious note though. it was rather bad timing to denounce the sharing of blood. would the j.w's of this forum share their blood in a ww2 like scenario?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 07:23
    Originally posted by menace71
    Anyone catch the series called breaking Amish ?
    Apparently they shun there people all of the time

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/breaking-amish

I do question TLC or who ever the wisdom of dropping a bunch of naive young kids in NY city

Manny
    not seen the show, as a 12yr old i do remember enjoying kelly mcgillis in 'witness' and how harrison ford showed them how awesome sex and violence is.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 10:30
    Oh no..we've been caught! That's exactly the plan we had but I guess it didn't work. Just couldn't fool those dang Yankees could we? Lol
    So there is an 'ultimate' plan then? 🙄

-m.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 11:34
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    on a serious note though. it was rather bad timing to denounce the sharing of blood. would the j.w's of this forum share their blood in a ww2 like scenario?
    ummmm unlike other Christians like Manny and Rjhinds for example who like to justify killing other Christians in the theatre of war, we try to apply Christ's command to love our brothers by not throwing bombs at them, so, we don't do war and we don't do blood.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 12:231 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummmm unlike other Christians like Manny and Rjhinds for example who like to justify killing other Christians in the theatre of war, we try to apply Christ's command to love our brothers by not throwing bombs at them, so, we don't do war and we don't do blood.
    You not "doing" blood has nothing to do with your position on war. The latter has some contemporary social acceptance, the former does not. Your attempt to link the two like this is interesting.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You not "doing" blood has nothing to do with your position on war. The latter has some contemporary social acceptance, the former does not. Your attempt to link the two like this is interesting.
    it has everything to do with it, but your level of understanding has not reached the point where you understand that blood and life are synonymous in a spiritual sense.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 14:04
    it has everything to do with it, but your level of understanding has not reached the point where you understand that blood and life are synonymous in a spiritual sense.
    You can throw insults about my inteligence if you like robbie but my point is, that denying life saving blood transfusions has no correlation with pacifism.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 16:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Did you ever shun your own child?
    Why I'm going to answer you I have no idea as I know a full interrogation and a million strange questions will follow, but here goes.
    But the rule here is this is my only responce to you one this.

Actually both of my children were disfellowshipped when they were teenagers because of conduct that the bible clearly condemns. The bible is clear that if one continues to "practice" the act that is condemned in the bible, the are to be removed. Clear and simple as the scripture says in my previous post.
    If both of them had stopped with this practice and had shown honest sorrow and realized the seriousness of that sin towards their God and the affect on the congregation, they probably would not have been disfellowshipped but just given reproof and been restricked in what they could do within the congregation for a short period of time. These restrictions could include not being able to partake in giving talks or parts on the stage as well as a couple other privileges.
    This type of correction still allows them to be a normal part of the family in our everyday lifes.
    But both of them did not see the seriousness of their actions and were not sure if they wanted to stop them.
    So following exactly what God has written in the Bible, they were disfellowshipped each for about a year.
    So....what is one of he reasons for disfellowshipping? It is to discipline and to wake that person up so to speak and to help them see and understand the wrong the've done and the damage they've done in their relationship with God and their family and with the congregation.

Hebrews 12:4-7
    Good News Translation (GNT)

4 For in your struggle against sin you have not yet had to resist to the point of being killed. 5 Have you forgotten the encouraging words which God speaks to you as his children?

“My child, pay attention when the Lord corrects you,
    and do not be discouraged when he rebukes you.
    6 Because the Lord corrects everyone he loves,
    and punishes everyone he accepts as a child.”

7 Endure what you suffer as being a father's punishment; your suffering shows that God is treating you as his children. Was there ever a child who was not punished by his father?

Proverbs 17:10

10 An intelligent person learns more from one rebuke than a fool learns from being beaten a hundred times.

Hebrews 12:11

11 When we are punished, it seems to us at the time something to make us sad, not glad. Later, however, those who have been disciplined by such punishment reap the peaceful reward of a righteous life.

So the hopefull result of discipline that sometimes merits disfellowshipping is the return of them to a much better understanding of God's laws and adeeper love of God and of their family and the congregation.
    I am happy to say that both of my children did see this after some time and did take the correction into their hearts and are now very happy and progressing spiritually.

I hope this helps.....
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 16:472 edits
    This type of correction still allows them to be a normal part of the family in our everyday lifes.
    So your relationship with them as a parent, and your family life, were unaffected, apart from the normal ups and downs of teenage years?

They were disfellowshipped but you did not shun them outside your Kingdom Hall; have I got that right?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 19:38
    Why I'm going to answer you I have no idea as I know a full interrogation and a million strange questions will follow, but here goes.
    But the rule here is this is my only responce to you one this.

Actually both of my children were disfellowshipped when they were teenagers because of conduct that the bible clearly condemns. The bible is clear that i ...[text shortened]... eir hearts and are now very happy and progressing spiritually.

I hope this helps.....
    hard to argue with success 🙂
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 20:061 edit
    hard to argue with success 🙂
    Returning to 'The Collective' is a success? 😕
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 20:08
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Returning to 'The Collective' is a success? 😕
    the collective????, you mean living a happy, purposeful and moral life as opposed to a debauched one, yes, it smells like success to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree