another bloody blood question!

another bloody blood question!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
apologies robbie, my mistake. however it would help me understand j.w's better if you gave more detail in your answers. can i take it from the fact you have stressed the point that you have never said you would use violence or fight that you would never use violence or fight. more detail would really help me avoiding trying to fill in the gaps and jumping to conclusions.
more detailed???, you are posting hypothetical scenario after hypothetical scenario, and you are asking for details based upon not our, but your hypothetical scenario? I have stated what i have stated, i would defend myself as far as it was incumbent for my personal safety, you may make of that what you wish.

F

Moves
24 Sep 12

apologies robbie, my mistake. however it would help me understand j.w's better if you gave more detail in your answers. can i take it from the fact you have stressed the point that you have never said you would use violence or fight that you would never use violence or fight. more detail would really help me avoiding trying to fill in the gaps and jumping to conclusions.
When robbie said "no i will defend myself as far as it is incumbent upon me for my personal safety, which may include removing myself from the place..." it is surely clear that "defend myself" cannot only mean "removing myself from the place". Perhaps he is being ambiguous on purpose.

F

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have stated what i have stated, i would defend myself as far as it was incumbent for my personal safety, you may make of that what you wish.
Does this mean that you would not raise a hand to an attacker? Point blank question; a chance for you to be absolutely clear.

Moves
24 Sep 12

more detailed???, you are posting hypothetical scenario after hypothetical scenario, and you are asking for details based upon not our, but your hypothetical scenario? I have stated what i have stated, i would defend myself as far as it was incumbent for my personal safety, you may make of that what you wish.
could you explain what 'defend' entails? because so far you have been vague, i have jumped to the conclusion that you cannot strike your opponent back because this would fall into the category of 'fighting'

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Does this mean that you would not raise a hand to an attacker? Point blank question; a chance for you to be absolutely clear.
I studied martial art when i was younger FMF, one can raise ones hand to defend
oneself without being violent. I will say it for the last time, i would defend myself as
far as it is incumbent upon me for my personal safety, you may make of that what you wish.

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12
1 edit

could you explain what 'defend' entails? because so far you have been vague, i have jumped to the conclusion that you cannot strike your opponent back because this would fall into the category of 'fighting'
no i cannot, suffice to say that there are many stances and katas, in martial arts where
one does not need to strike in order to defend oneself, I will say it again, for the last
time, i would defend myself as far as is incumbent upon me for my personal safety.

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
When robbie said "no i will defend myself as far as it is incumbent upon me for my personal safety, which may include removing myself from the place..." it is surely clear that "defend myself" cannot only mean "removing myself from the place". Perhaps he is being ambiguous on purpose.
it baffles me why men who have a guide book teaching them how to deal with every situation they can face in life need to be so vague and ambiguous. rather than a straight conversation, which could be used to educate me on their ways, it descends into riddles in the dark and we both know who gollum is.

F

Moves
24 Sep 12
1 edit

I studied martial art when i was younger FMF, one can raise ones hand to defend
oneself without being violent. I will say it for the last time, i would defend myself as
far as it is incumbent upon me for my personal safety, you may make of that what you wish.
So you would use martial arts to defend yourself. OK. Would you use martial arts to defend your wife, your children, your next door neighbour? You would only protect yourself? You'd only defend your own personal safety - that is all you would use martial arts to defend - not the safety of anyone you love, or know, or live next to or work with?

Moves
24 Sep 12

no i cannot, suffice to say that there are many stances and katas, in martial arts where
one does not need to strike in order to defend oneself, I will say it again, for the last
time, i would defend myself as far as is incumbent upon me for my personal safety.
if you found a woman being raped how would you deal with it in a non violent way?

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
So you would use martial arts to defend yourself. OK. Would you use martial arts to defend your wife, your children, your next door neighbour? You would only protect yourself? You'd only defend your own personal safety - that is all you would use martial arts to defend - not the safety of anyone you love, or know, or live next to or work with?
It depends on the situation, naturally i would attempt to defend my family as far as it
was incumbent upon me for their safety. We have a fine record of hiding and
protecting our neighbours against violence, perhaps you may have read some extracts
when we put the lives of others ahead of our own say, in the conflict between Tutsi and
Hutu, some fine reading for sure, of true Christianity in action.

F

Moves
24 Sep 12

tell me FMF why do you never take the time to clarify what people actually mean, why must you deal solely in assumptions?
I have been asking you over and over and over again to clarify what you actually mean but you seem to have settled for a particular string of words - "i would defend myself as far as it is incumbent upon me for my personal safety" - the meaning of which is not clear.

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

if you found a woman being raped how would you deal with it in a non violent way?
I dont know, i have never found anyone being raped.

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have been asking you over and over and over again to clarify what you actually mean but you seem to have settled for a particular string of words - "i would defend myself as far as it is incumbent upon me for my personal safety" - the meaning of which is not clear.
its enough, make of it what you will.

F

Moves
24 Sep 12

It depends on the situation, naturally i would attempt to defend my family as far as it was incumbent upon me for their safety.
Would what "was incumbent upon [you] for their safety" never include raising a hand against attackers to protect them?

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Would what "was incumbent upon [you] for their safety" never include raising a hand against attackers to protect them?
as i stated, you are free to make of it what you wish.