1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:23
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you

Curious, what version are you getting this from?
    The New world translation of the Holy scriptures - independently verified as the worlds most accurate Bible.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    These sentiments are fine with the exception of course of the personal reference to alleged 'head knowledge' and Jehovahs witnesses which I will ignore this time.

First of all no one is negating the practice of prayer and meditation as a way of getting to know God, but one cannot meditate on an empty mind, for the Biblical process of meditation an ...[text shortened]... ramount that one studies the Bible. Indeed how else one can get to know God, you have not said.
    Through his spirit.

Edit: Which I realize opens up another whole debate that has been beaten to death.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:261 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I said what I said Robbie. Why did Jesus seem to only condemn the religious establishment who read the scriptures daily?

I'm still awaiting your answer.
    Indeed you did, Jesus condemned the Pharisees for failing to apply the spirit of the law, for adding to it and making it burdensome on the people. I dont think he ever condemned them for studying it. Now you will tell us in view of John 17:3 why study is not paramount to a Christians faith.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:261 edit
    Through his spirit.

Edit: Which I realize opens up another whole debate that has been beaten to death.
    through his spirit? really what does the spirit reveal to you about God that the Bible does not?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:301 edit
    Through his spirit.

btw I want you in my clan. . . .please join the Zen Masters

Clan 25203
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:31
    The New world translation of the Holy scriptures - independently verified as the worlds most accurate Bible.
    Yeah, so YOU say.

Perhaps you meant to say the world's most supportive of an already dreamed up dogma, created from whole cloth by a man.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:352 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, so YOU say.

Perhaps you meant to say the world's most supportive of an already dreamed up dogma, created from whole cloth by a man.
    Actually I didn't say it at all, associate professor BeDhun did. Then again he only examined about nine of the most popular ones and compared them to the original Greek text. How many have you examined in this way?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:37
    My friends i do not claim to be an intellectual, far from it, however it appears to me that there is not a small swathe of our Christian friends here who seem to prize a kind of sentimentality over knowledge, as if sentiment of itself can provide the basis for a meaningful faith. This could be for a number of reasons and I hesitate to speculate, nev ...[text shortened]... w with suspicion a sentimentality that cannot provide a solid and rational basis for your faith.
    I find it incredibly fitting that you, of all people, would give this title to this thread.

You happen to be one of the most anti-intellectual people in this forum.

Discernment? You? You're kidding, right?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:381 edit
    I find it incredibly fitting that you, of all people, would give this title to this thread.

You happen to be one of the most anti-intellectual people in this forum.

Discernment? You? You're kidding, right?
    Engaging the person rather than tackling the substance of the post is what small minds do. - RajK

all personal remarks will be treated as unworthy of serious consideration, if you cannot comment on the actual content then please refrain from turning my thread into one about personalities. This is a serious issue. If you want to talk about personalities go to the general forum.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:39
    Actually I didn't say it at all, associate professor BeDhun did. Then again he only examined about nine of the most popular ones and compared them to the original Greek text. How many have you examined in this way?
    Why don't you speak up, robbie, and tell us *all* he said about the NWT. He also said that the NWT is the most biased of all Bibles. Because even he can see that the NWT was created to support the WTO's already existing dogma.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:401 edit
    Engaging the person rather than tackling the substance of the post is what small minds do.
    And again, entirely fitting. Few people here have a smaller mind than you.

And no, this is not a "serious" issue. It's only a fluff piece by you about your bizarro religion and your bizarro bible.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:42
    btw I want you in my clan. . . .please join the Zen Masters

[b]Clan 25203
    [/b]
    why not.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:42
    Why don't you speak up, robbie, and tell us *all* he said about the NWT. He also said that the NWT is the most biased of all Bibles. Because even he can see that the NWT was created to support the WTO's already existing dogma.
    If you wish to start a thread about the NWT then please do so, this thread is about Christian anti intellectualism and substituting sentiment and emotional content for intellectual content resulting in a faith that is irrational and unsound. If you have something to say about that, then please leave a comment otherwise let the people that want to discuss it rationally, do so.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:44
    why not.
    welcome aboard my son, you are now a Master of Zen! (please note that this has no religious connotations and is just like an awesome name!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 14:441 edit
    And again, entirely fitting. Few people here have a smaller mind than you.

And no, this is not a "serious" issue. It's only a fluff piece by you about your bizarro religion and your bizarro bible.
    please go home. This is not the thread for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree