1. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 03:20
    Anton LaVey gave us all a marvelous gift in his creation of the world’s first carnal religion.

SATANISM
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 04:18
    Originally posted by MrMartin
    Anton LaVey gave us all a marvelous gift in his creation of the world’s first carnal religion.

SATANISM
    Satanism existed before LaVey founded the Church of Satan; he did not create it, but he did found that particular church.

Carnalism is hardly the point of his particular brand of Satanism. Any who would think otherwise should read some of his essays on the website. From a philosophical point of view they are a very interesting read.

If you were to try at all, you would find a good number of earlier religions or spiritual expressions where carnalism assumes a greater role than in the Church of Satan.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 04:51
    Believing in satan is to accept there is a god.
    Only christians can believe in satan. (...and jews and moslems...)
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 11:282 edits
    I'm thankful that Anton LaVey rendered at least one important contribution to modern man. He told all the various practitioners of the occult and soul science what they really needed to hear.

That is they were ALL getting their power from Satan, whether they acknolwedged it or not. In essense LeVay said "All you guys practicing this stuff are getting your powers from Satan. You might as well acknowledge it" (paraphrased). If a Christian had told them that they would not accept it. But a Satanist said it for us.

All those practicing science of the mind, science of the soul, New Age powers, clarivoyance, hypnotism, channeling, astrology, palm reading, Tarot Cards, Christian Science, soul force, Astral Projection, Kaballah, Voodoo,White Magic, Black Magic, necromancy, Wiccan, etc. etc. etc. and the whole realm of the occult ... they're all flirting with Satan.

That's what LeVay said. At least he was honest to that point.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 11:54

SATANISM
    why render scared service to the creation rather than the creator?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 12:53
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I'm thankful that Anton LaVey rendered at least one important contribution to modern man. He told all the various practitioners of the occult and soul science what they really needed to hear.

That is they were ALL getting their power from Satan, whether they acknolwedged it or not. In essense LeVay said "All you guys practicing this stuff are getting y ...[text shortened]... /b] flirting with Satan.

That's what LeVay said. At least he was honest to that point.
    I was under the impression that LaVey was an atheist.

And what is "Christian Science"?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 12:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why render scared service to the creation rather than the creator?
    I think the idea of Satanism is to receive service not to render it.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 12:57
    the world’s first carnal religion.
    What is this supposed to mean?
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 14:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Christian Science is a sect of Christianity.

The one thing I do remember about them is that they believe that sickness is caused by ignorance, sin or wrong beliefs and hence if you fix those then you will be cured. Essentially - faith healing is the only healing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_science
  10. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 19:32
    Interesting fact: The Satanic Bible was dedicated to Bernadino Nogara. Bernardino Nogara (1870-1958) was financial advisor to the Vatican, appointed by Pope Pius XI. Could the Roman Catholic (Christian) church be in fact Satans church? It's also a known fact that Pope Pius XI was a freemason. Of course freemasons are Satanists. Go one step further freemasons and Illuminati are are united. And it goes on and on....
  11. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 00:28
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What is this supposed to mean?
    Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path.

carnal defined here as of a sexual or sensual nature

A Satanist knows there is nothing wrong with being greedy, as it only means that he wants more than he already has. Envy means to look with favor upon the possessions of others, and to be desirous of obtaining similar things for oneself. Envy and greed are the motivating forces of ambition - and without ambition, very little of any importance would be accomplished.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 04:45
    Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path.

carnal defined here as of a sexual or sensual nature.
    Sexuality and sensuality are ruled by Satan? Are you serious? So when a Christian has sex he is doing the work of the devil?
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 09:251 edit

carnal defined here as of a sexual or sensual nature

A Satanist knows there is nothing wrong with being greedy, as it only means that he wants more than he already has. Envy means ...[text shortened]... forces of ambition - and without ambition, very little of any importance would be accomplished.
    You're seriously deluded if you think the religion started by Lavey was the first to celebrate sex.

Anyway, his Satanism is basically a form of atheism for idiots.
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 10:50
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Christian Science is a sect of Christianity.

The one thing I do remember about them is that they believe that sickness is caused by ignorance, sin or wrong beliefs and hence if you fix those then you will be cured. Essentially - faith healing is the only healing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_science
    ….http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_science.…

After reading some of this I find an alternative name for “Christian sciences” comes to my mind; “idiots”
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 13:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Google on Mary Baker Eddy for Christian Science.

another form of parapsychology with twisted biblical trappings. an american cult started in the 19th century.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree