Anton LaVey

Anton LaVey

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
17 Apr 09

Originally posted by Palynka
You're seriously deluded if you think the religion started by Lavey was the first to celebrate sex.

Anyway, his Satanism is basically a form of atheism for idiots.
the members of "Church of Satan" DO NOT LITERALLY BELIEVE IN SATAN (or God). So, your comment that "his Satanism is basically a form of atheism for idiots is incorrect.

Instead, the Church of Satan considers Satan to be human instincts and urges. LaVey Satanists consider these urges to be mostly good: one of the nine Satanic Statements declares, "Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams."

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Apr 09

Originally posted by MrMartin
the members of "Church of Satan" DO NOT LITERALLY BELIEVE IN SATAN (or God). So, your comment that "his Satanism is basically a form of atheism for idiots is incorrect.

Instead, the Church of Satan considers Satan to be human instincts and urges. LaVey Satanists consider these urges to be mostly good: one of the nine Satanic Statements declares, "Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams."
I know they don't believe in Satan or it wouldn't be atheism, now would it?

It's atheism for idiots because it replaces the spirituality of religion with a (naive) form of hedonism, but keeps the formalisms of organized religion. Just the idea of having a certain number of "Satanic Statements" is enough to make me smile.

rc

Moves
17 Apr 09

mmmm this could seriously undermine my argument that to believe in Satan you must also believe in a Creator, mmmm......

w

Moves
17 Apr 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
I was under the impression that LaVey was an atheist.

And what is "Christian Science"?
Who the heck knows what they believe. After all, they aspouse to serve the auther of lies so why wouldn't they be dishonest about what they believe?

w

Moves
17 Apr 09

Why then do we hear accounts of sacrifices to Satan etc if they do not think he is real?

M

Moves
17 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Why then do we hear accounts of sacrifices to Satan etc if they do not think he is real?
making a statement without supporting facts is meaningless. If you have proof of these sacrifices please be so kind to share. Hearing is root of gossip. gossip holds no credibility. Wait on your sources then I will be happy to reply.

w

Moves
17 Apr 09
3 edits

making a statement without supporting facts is meaningless. If you have proof of these sacrifices please be so kind to share. Hearing is root of gossip. gossip holds no credibility. Wait on your sources then I will be happy to reply.
Every Halloween close to where I grew up there were reported mutilations of animals done in a sacrificial manner. Of course, I suppose they could have been aliens "eeeks"!! 😲 Then again, it could be some other religion not known, however, at one of the sites a pentagram was found.

Then again, the aliens could worship the devil too I suppose. πŸ˜›

Of course, when I say this I do not mean to imply that they all do this, however, it appears that some do. Perhaps there are differences in the different groups just like there are within Christianity/Islam etc.

rc

Moves
18 Apr 09
1 edit

Every Halloween close to where I grew up there were reported mutilations of animals done in a sacrificial manner. Of course, I suppose they could have been aliens "eeeks"!! 😲 Then again, it could be some other religion not known, however, at one of the sites a pentagram was found.

Then again, the aliens could worship the devil too I suppose. πŸ˜›

O ...[text shortened]... ere are differences in the different groups just like there are within Christianity/Islam etc.
yes, i found a large pentagram on the floor of an abandoned house, quite a large one that used to be owned by a famous Scottish singer, Calum Kennedy, there was no immediate evidence of sacrifice, but i placed a Bible tract in the centre for the enlightenment of the witches/occultists when they came back, i weighed it down with a stone just to make sure!πŸ™‚

Moves
19 Apr 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Only christians can believe in satan. (...and jews and moslems...)
That narrows the group down nicely to about 2/3 of the global population.

F

Moves
19 Apr 09

Originally posted by divegeester
That narrows the group down nicely to about 2/3 of the global population.
Right.
Without christians, no satan.
Without christians, no satanism.

M

Moves
19 Apr 09

Right.
I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

Peace to allπŸ˜€

Cape Town

Moves
19 Apr 09

Who the heck knows what they believe. After all, they aspouse to serve the auther of lies so why wouldn't they be dishonest about what they believe?
I asked about Christian science because I had never heard of it before. But people pointed me to the wikipedia page.

Where do you get the information that they 'aspouse to serve the auther of lies'?

Moves
19 Apr 09

Right.
without christians no credit crunch?

Grow up.

F

Moves
19 Apr 09

Originally posted by divegeester
without christians no credit crunch?

Grow up.
So you mean Satanism is more basic than Christianism? That christianism is an offspring of Satanism?
Oh, this is interesting thought of you.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
19 Apr 09

Right.
Why do you continue to have strong opinions of that you are ignorant of?

Educate yourself about what the OP is talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism