1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 07:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Guys please, you are gentlemen, no need for such unsavory terminology, i despair every time an insult gets hurled across cyber space.
    People using insults know they are wrong. Why else use insults? Isn't facts enough?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 08:07
    Originally posted by darvlay
    This is true. There is Theistic as well as Atheistic Satanism.

Check out these crazies:
    http://www.theisticsatanism.com/CoAz/who.html
    The way I see it, one seeks pleasure while the other seeks power.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 08:491 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    People using insults know they are wrong. Why else use insults? Isn't facts enough?
    What if the insult is a fact? 🙂
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 08:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What if the insult [b]is a fact? 🙂[/b]
    Then it has nothing to do with the topic at hand anyway. And further he doesn't know what he is talking about. 🙂 Nice try!
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 09:13
    The facts aren't enough when you keep refusing to look at them.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 09:36
    Originally posted by Palynka
    The facts aren't enough when you keep refusing to look at them.
    And rudeness gets you anywhere? I don't think so. Using rudness as a tool of making your facts clear shows us nothing more than your personality, nothing more.

Do an experiment: Go out on the street and ask the first person you meet "What's the time, you filthy scumbag!". Then ask the next person you meet "Excuse me, mam/sir, do you possibly know what time it is, please?". Compare the responses. Who do you think is most eager to tell you the time, do you think? The one you are nice to, of course.

So if you want to have a decent debate about things, learning some, teaching some, then you make the most luck being nice, of course. Not telling others how idiotic they are if they don't share your views.

And that's for tonight folks. DrFabian comes back next week, same time, same channel! Have a nice day. And remember: Take care of you - and eachother!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 09:391 edit
    And rudeness gets you anywhere? I don't think so. Using rudness as a tool of making your facts clear shows us nothing more than your personality, nothing more.

Do an experiment: Go out on the street and ask the first person you meet "What's the time, you filthy scumbag!". Then ask the next person you meet "Excuse me, mam/sir, do you possibly know what ame time, same channel! Have a nice day. And remember: Take care of you - and eachother!
    there is no excuse my friend for lack of manners and civility, no excuse!
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 09:52

Do an experiment: Go out on the street and ask the first person you meet "What's the time, you filthy scumbag!". Then ask the next person you meet "Excuse me, mam/sir, do you possibly know what ...[text shortened]... ame time, same channel! Have a nice day. And remember: Take care of you - and eachother!
    We've been there, done that and you went on to show your xenophobic streak by calling me a mysoginist because of my "culture".

After that I will keep giving you my scorn, along with the facts (that you actually keep pretending aren't there, in a sad imitation of the creationists you attack)
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 09:552 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there is no excuse my friend for lack of manners and civility, no excuse!
    It's a civilized manner to avoid personal attacks and rudeness. That's a general rule of thumb everywhere.

When you are angry for your opponents shortcomings to understandings you want to express your anger in a pejorative way. But in that very instant, you have lost. Completely. Your arguments, your face, your sense of sensibility, your dignity, everything.

When I say "Idiot" to someone else in a moment of heat, I have actually described myself. That's how I feel anyway.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 10:053 edits
    We've been there, done that and you went on to show your xenophobic streak by calling me a mysoginist because of my "culture".

After that I will keep giving you my scorn, along with the facts (that you actually keep pretending aren't there, in a sad imitation of the creationists you attack)
    Dear friend, show me where I called you "a mysoginist", and I will immediately give you my sincere pardons. I didn't even know that word at your first accusation. You taught me a new word back then, and I'm greatful for that, but I never use it, not then, not now.

For every one interested how he started his accusations toward me, please look at the Thread 103297 beginning at page 2, escalating at page 4 and further. He is stalking me further in Thread 101961, Thread 103449, and some other threads. It's quite annoying.

This is reported to the moderators, but they have done nothing about it. (As I know about it.) He cannot touch me with mails, though, he is on my ignore list. I'm vary glad for this list, thank you Russ for that feature.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 10:102 edits
    Dear friend, show me where I called you "a mysoginist", and I will immediately give you my sincere pardons. I didn't even know that word at your first accusation. You taught me a new word back then, and I'm greatful for that, but I never use it, not then, not now.

For every one interested how he started his accusations toward me, please look at the [th s is reported to the moderators, but they have done nothing about it. (As I know about it.)
    Good that you quote that. At the end of page 2 everyone can see clearly your accusation that I do not believe in egalitarianism of the sexes and that is due to my culture.

They have done something about it. They sent me a message, I sent feedback and your xenophobia (followed by an offended virgin act) didn't win.

The only time I sent you a PM was because you asked me to discuss this privately not to clutter the forums. For respect of civility, I did try to send you a message to clear the matter privately. Of course, your hypocrisy showed even there, as you had already put me on ignore but were just playing for the crowd...

Sad, really.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 10:54
    Good that you quote that. At the end of page 2 everyone can see clearly your accusation that I do not believe in egalitarianism of the sexes and that is due to my culture.

They have done something about it. They sent me a message, I sent feedback and your xenophobia (followed by an offended virgin act) didn't win.

The only time I sent you a PM was beca ...[text shortened]... ere, as you had already put me on ignore but were just playing for the crowd...

Sad, really.
    What I wrote was: "Perhaps this is a culture thing. In my (sub-)culture we believe in equality of the sexes."

From this sentence, and this sentence alone, you deduced that I am a xenophobic, you deduced that I call you a 'mysoginist' (when I didn't even knew the word). And from this, and this alone, you call me a "Supreme Doltness" and "you moron" (and some lesser rude formulations) only in this thread. Remembering what you have attacked me with in other threads, mentionned above, I say that you are quite sensitive.

Now, I don't want to have a verbal war with you. Your opinion is far more worth than your person. But I don't like attacks on my person. You don't know me, and you never truly will. I think your energy put on personal attacks against me doesn't mean that, deep under, is a attack on me at all but on something else that has nothing to do with me. So if you stop your attacks, then we can get back to the nice discussion we had, and continue with that. No rudeness, and a civil conversation. I don't call you things, and you don't call me things. Meaning on-topic.

Agree?
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 11:00
    What I wrote was: "Perhaps this is a culture thing. In my (sub-)culture we believe in equality of the sexes."

From this sentence, and this sentence alone, you deduced that I am a xenophobic, you deduced that I call you a 'mysoginist' (when I didn't even knew the word). And from this, and this alone, you call me a "Supreme Doltness" and "you moron" (and ...[text shortened]... don't call you things, and you don't call me things. Meaning on-topic.

Agree?
    In that sentence alone you accuse me of not believing in sexual egalitarianism and (out of the blue) target my culture as a cause. Pure prejudice.

That you are too much of a hypocrite to spell it out or admit it, doesn't make much difference. It's there, I see it and I respond in kind.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 11:221 edit
    In that sentence alone you accuse me of not believing in sexual egalitarianism and (out of the blue) target my culture as a cause. Pure prejudice.

That you are too much of a hypocrite to spell it out or admit it, doesn't make much difference. It's there, I see it and I respond in kind.
    Yet another expression, 'sexual egalitarianism', I don't know, I have to look it up. I'm pretty sure that I don't use such words.
    You are just stalking me. Don't do that. Stop!
    TOS 3c: "You may not threaten or harass other users of this Service." Please, moderators, do something about it!
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 12:522 edits
    Yet another expression, 'sexual egalitarianism', I don't know, I have to look it up. I'm pretty sure that I don't use such words.
    You are just stalking me. Don't do that. Stop!
    TOS 3c: "You may not threaten or harass other users of this Service." Please, moderators, do something about it!
    How is replying to a post you addressed to me "stalking"? 😕

Get a grip.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree