1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 16:05
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    when i was younger, i had some sort of anxiety or OCD disorder but im not a psychologist and can't tell the difference and one of them was going to hell. some things i did was fear praying to the devil, and so i actually did attempt to do it; when you fear something or obsess over something so much like that, you tend to give in and do it apparently. t ...[text shortened]... t off immediately. would you go to hell for that? would you go to hell for getting it tattooed?
    God's love is always bigger than we imagine. He sees through your tatooing and knows better than even you do the hurt at the bottom of it all. He loves you even more than you love yourself.
  2. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 17:38
    Originally posted by twiceaknight
    "the chances of getting your prayers answered is"
    Thank you, that should read "chance". I'll be more careful in future.

Also, 666 is most probably not the number of the beast as given in the bible anyway. So it seems that this whole idea is rather unresearched, and you're just wanting to shock people around you (who I assume are religious, else you wouldn't believe you could contact some horned dude just by thinking about it). If that's all you want to do, go for it.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 22:54
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    "none of my prayers was answered". Sorry, but I'm very very penickity about grammar.

And anyway, the chances of getting your prayers answered is equal to the chances of the things you pray for happening anyway. So either increase the number of prayers, or make it something more realistic. Ie, if you prayed once a year for your great aunt to be cure ...[text shortened]... attoo you wanted, no. But if it looks cool, and you like it, then go for it already.
    i do not pray for things like that to happen, thats ridiculous, i have only prayed to be forgiven and to be happy and at that time i wasnt happy
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 04:27
    i do not pray for things like that to happen, thats ridiculous, i have only prayed to be forgiven and to be happy and at that time i wasnt happy
    You prayed to be happy? Did you do the footwork, or did you expect God to wave a magic wand and suddenly change your feelings and your interpretations of people and events around you? As far as I know, God doesn't deliver happiness as the UPS man delivers packages. If you want to be happy, accept the things you cannot change and change the things you cannot accept.
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 04:31
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    You prayed to be happy? Did you do the footwork, or did you expect God to wave a magic wand and suddenly change your feelings and your interpretations of people and events around you? As far as I know, God doesn't deliver happiness as the UPS man delivers packages. If you want to be happy, accept the things you cannot change and change the things you cannot accept.
    ...and develop the wisdom to know the difference.
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 04:36
    Originally posted by vistesd
    ...and develop the wisdom to know the difference.
    😀
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 04:40
    😀
    😀

I like our version better than the original...
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 05:08
    😀

I like our version better than the original...
    Me too. It's a lot easier for me to live with! 😉
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 05:12
    Me too. It's a lot easier for me to live with! 😉
    I said “our” version—that was a bit presumptuous: I just added the tag line, following your thought. You get first authorship, anyway. 😉
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 05:25
    I said “our” version—that was a bit presumptuous: I just added the tag line, following your thought. You get first authorship, anyway. 😉
    Not presumptuous at all -- teamwork! 🙂
  11. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 07:231 edit
    Well you see? You prayed to be happy, when the chances were you were going to stay unhappy. Given that the probability is that no prayers are answered, in order to make it seem like yours are being, either pray for something easier to attain ("Dear God, I want it to be a sunny day tomorrow" ) or pray more ("Dear God, I want to be happy, and I want everyone in my family to be happy" ) and the likelihood is you'll succeed.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 15:57
    All this talk about prayer makes me want to start a thread about prayer. Any one interested can join in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree