1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:16
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Don't you fear anything, or did so as a child? If you do or did, was it a choice? And if it was, why did you make that choice? I had a lot of fears as a child and still have some irrational fears today, and it certainly isn't a choice. Nobody is forcing me, of course. It's a psychological reaction.
    There is a distinct difference between fearing something and having fear control you. I was referring to the latter.
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 21:21
    a few years ago i was depressed an none of my prayers were answered. is that a legit reason to be mad? and is that good enough to get that tattoo i wanted? keep in mind that i have had a history of psychological problems and it was not a normal depression
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 00:00
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    a few years ago i was depressed an none of my prayers were answered. is that a legit reason to be mad? and is that good enough to get that tattoo i wanted? keep in mind that i have had a history of psychological problems and it was not a normal depression
    Well, it'll make it easier to find the kind of girl you want as a girlfriend or lover or wife because it'll eliminate most females with a religious affiliation from the dating pool for you. And it should make you tolerant of whatever odd things your own children come up with to do to themselves.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 00:47
    Have you tried coming to God on his terms? Keep in mind it doesn't matter what your problem is. Without Christ you may as well bark at the moon.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 01:36
    I am sure all of us have had unanswered prayer. To be honest, sometimes that is what is best for us even though we may not know it or want to admit it. What kind of things were you praying for? As for your tattoo, I don't see how this will accomplish anything, do you?
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am sure all of us have had unanswered prayer. To be honest, sometimes that is what is best for us even though we may not know it or want to admit it. What kind of things were you praying for? As for your tattoo, I don't see how this will accomplish anything, do you?
    ive never had an answer once, and there are many piercings and tattoos i wanna get that are going to be there to express myself
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:141 edit
    ive never had an answer once, and there are many piercings and tattoos i wanna get that are going to be there to express myself
    If I understand you, you are saying that you want to get tattoos and piercings because you want to get even with God for not answering your prayers? Really, getting tattoos and peircings have nothing to do with anything other than getting tattoos and peircings. Get them if you desire but I don't see how this accomplishes anything other than possible pain and infections and regret.

I will say that I have been angry at prayer not answered. In fact, any honest person of faith would admitt to as much. I also sense you are having a great deal of emotional turmoil and I would just like to encourage you not to direct your anger at the only one that can truly help any of us. It reminds me of poor Job in the Bible as he had lost everyone and everything including his health. His wife turned to him and asked him why he did not curse God and die. He responded to her that she was foolish for suggesting that because only God can remedy the situation, which he later did.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:27
    If I understand you, you are saying that you want to get tattoos and piercings because you want to get even with God for not answering your prayers? Really, getting tattoos and peircings have nothing to do with anything other than getting tattoos and peircings. Get them if you desire but I don't see how this accomplishes anything other than possible pain an ...[text shortened]... was foolish for suggesting that because only God can remedy the situation, which he later did.
    no, that one tattoo is just ONE insignificant expression, everything else is just for me and has nothing to do w/ god. only one tattoo would be related to him at all
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:31
    no, that one tattoo is just ONE insignificant expression, everything else is just for me and has nothing to do w/ god. only one tattoo would be related to him at all
    You know they say that God is love. Therefore, I would say to you to not give up on it. To do so is to give up on life. Just some friendly advice. God loves you as well as I. I will pray for you. 😉 God bless.
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:34
    You know they say that God is love. Therefore, I would say to you to not give up on it. To do so is to give up on life. Just some friendly advice. God loves you as well as I. I will pray for you. 😉 God bless.
    ty man
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:39
    ty man
    If that means "thank you man" then my response I guess is yw man.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:42
    If that means "thank you man" then my response I guess is yw man.
    yeah it does 😕 lol
  13. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 07:28
    "none of my prayers was answered". Sorry, but I'm very very penickity about grammar.

And anyway, the chances of getting your prayers answered is equal to the chances of the things you pray for happening anyway. So either increase the number of prayers, or make it something more realistic. Ie, if you prayed once a year for your great aunt to be cured of cancer, why not try praying for everybody you know who has cancer? One of them is bound to 'work'. Alternatively, why not pray that your great aunt gets a compfy bed? You're more likely to get that 'answered' too.

Is that a legit reason to be mad? Of course not. It's your own fault for thinking what you prayed for was going to happen in the first place. If I expect my wife to bring home 2 pints of milk, then I realise 2 weeks later that I a) don't have a wife and b) don't have any milk. That's not a good reason to be angry. I was being an idiot.

Good enough reason to get the tattoo you wanted, no. But if it looks cool, and you like it, then go for it already.
  14. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 11:01
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    "none of my prayers was answered". Sorry, but I'm very very penickity about grammar.

And anyway, the chances of getting your prayers answered is equal to the chances of the things you pray for happening anyway. So either increase the number of prayers, or make it something more realistic. Ie, if you prayed once a year for your great aunt to be cure ...[text shortened]... attoo you wanted, no. But if it looks cool, and you like it, then go for it already.
    "the chances of getting your prayers answered is"
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 15:34
    when i was younger, i had some sort of anxiety or OCD disorder but im not a psychologist and can't tell the difference and one of them was going to hell. some things i did was fear praying to the devil, and so i actually did attempt to do it; when you fear something or obsess over something so much like that, you tend to give in and do it apparently. t ...[text shortened]... t off immediately. would you go to hell for that? would you go to hell for getting it tattooed?
    I f you believed that your tatoo was a reflection of yourself(re:666) then yes im afraid so....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree