1. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    24 Apr '05 23:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    .... Look in a dictionary for the definition of homosexual and you'll find it includes lesbians as already has been pointed out to you in other threads.
    No kidding??

So you had to learn that on one of these threads? Wow! I guess you can learn a lot around here.

Look up sarcasm next time you want to learn something new.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Apr '05 23:32
    Originally posted by Coletti
    No kidding??

So you had to learn that on one of these threads? Wow! I guess you can learn a lot around here.

Look up sarcasm next time you want to learn something new.
    Since you're entire belief system is a joke, it's hard to tell when you're actually looking for a laugh rather than having people just laugh at you.
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 00:05
    You are either an incredibly stupid human being or the most insincere one who posts here. Look in a dictionary for the definition of homosexual and you'll find it includes lesbians as already has been pointed out to you in other threads.

And Ivanhoe: Yes all the atheists are anxiously waiting for the chance to put all the Christians i ...[text shortened]... Right. Get a grip and take your medication and maybe all these paranoid delusions will go away.
    No1 to Coletti: "You are either an incredibly stupid human being or the most insincere one who posts here.

That's a false dichotomy.

No1 to Ivanhoe: "Yes all the atheists are anxiously waiting for the chance to put all the Christians into extermination camps."

That's strawmenreasoning.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 00:16
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    No1 to Coletti: "You are either an incredibly stupid human being or the most insincere one who posts here.

That's a false dichotomy.

No1 to Ivanhoe: "Yes all the atheists are anxiously waiting for the chance to put all the Christians into extermination camps."

That's strawmenreasoning.
    You are correct on your first point: Coletti could indeed be incredibly stupid AND insincere. I apologize for creating a false dichtomy.

Ivanhoe: "Touché ...... the fact that a lot of people now have the same prejudices against the Christians as people had before World war II against the Jewish people is truly remarkable ......."

Who's creating the strawman, Ivanhoe?
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 00:181 edit
    You are correct on your first point: Coletti could indeed be incredibly stupid AND insincere. I apologize for creating a false dichtomy.

Ivanhoe: "Touché ...... the fact that a lot of people now have the same prejudice ...[text shortened]... kable ......."

Who's creating the strawman, Ivanhoe?

You are, No1 !

EDIT: by the way, are you still having sleepness nights over the Medianite Massacre ?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 00:26

You are, No1 !

EDIT: by the way, are you still having sleepness nights over the Medianite Massacre ?
    Not really; there's plenty of other examples of savage butchery that your God of Abraham ordered if the Old Testament is to be believed. Does the fact that a God you consider loving and merciful directly ordered his "Chosen people" to stick swords in infants cause you any sleepless nights, Ivanhoe?
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 00:56
    Not really; there's plenty of other examples of savage butchery that your God of Abraham ordered if the Old Testament is to be believed. Does the fact that a God you consider loving and merciful directly ordered his "Chosen people" to stick swords in infants cause you any sleepless nights, Ivanhoe?

No1, you often call people fanatics and religious nutcases, but I cannot help thinking you have some sort of Medianite massacre disorder, because it keeps coming back. In which obscure Christian sect were you raised No1 ?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 02:23

No1, you often call people fanatics and religious nutcases, but I cannot help thinking you have some sort of Medianite massacre disorder, because it keeps coming back. In which obscure Christian sect were you raised No1 ?
    The same one you are in now.
  9. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 14:12
    The Jewish, Mohammedan, and Old Testament God are really the same deity. The Christian God, sorry to be obvious (but a point oft forgotten), is the New Testament God, more concerned with loving us than smiting us.

Though, there are a fair few who might tempt Him to revert to His original habits!
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 14:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 14:39
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Why did He have a change of heart?

Did God one day sit down and say to Himself, "Self, I - We - think that you're probably causing them thar humans whole bunches 'n bunches o' misery. Den dey get up here or go down dar 'n dey just ain't dat much fun den, eeder. So's how's about we change things up a bit?"
    I don't know, but it might have been a tactical error.

I can think of a fair few people that might benefit from a swarm of locusts down their underpants...
  12. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:08
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Why did He have a change of heart?

Did God one day sit down and say to Himself, "Self, I - We - think that you're probably causing them thar humans whole bunches 'n bunches o' misery. Den dey get up here or go down dar 'n dey just ain't dat much fun den, eeder. So's how's about we change things up a bit?"
    I believe that in modern Christianity it is the "Son" part that is supposed to be loving and caring and the go-between between us slime and the wrath of the jealous, violent, disgusted, war-mongering Father.

... --- ...
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:19
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    I believe that in modern Christianity it is the "Son" part that is supposed to be loving and caring and the go-between between us slime and the wrath of the jealous, violent, disgusted, war-mongering Father.

... --- ...
    Hmmm. Close. But the God the Father is also loving. Remember, there is only one God, and Christ and the Father are one.

I think the mistake is in thinking that God loves everyone. There are verses that seem to say that, and God does bless even unsaved people, but the ones he loves are his chosen. That should be evident in who he chooses to save at different times in history - and who he choose to kill (either by his own hand, or through Israel). And he allowed Israel to suffer at times also.

"God is love" is not an either/or proposition. God does not have to be loving to 'all people' at 'all times' to be a loving God. If that were the case, then he would just save everyone, bless everyone, and remove all suffering and pain. That would not make us robots, just universally happy. So, it must not be about happiness, or God loves everyone, etc. God punishes and blesses - sometimes now, sometimes in the afterlife.
  14. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:46
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Hmmm. Close. But the God the Father is also loving. Remember, there is only one God, and Christ and the Father are one.

I think the mistake is in thinking that God loves everyone. There are verses that seem to say that, and God does bless even unsaved people, but the ones he loves are his chosen. That should be evident in who he chooses to s ...[text shortened]... od loves everyone, etc. God punishes and blesses - sometimes now, sometimes in the afterlife.
    You say the Jesus the Son and God the Father are the same entity, as do many Christians. However, this makes the action of Jesus' three-day sacrifice (the positive result of which he knew about before hand and therefore sacrificed nothing but that is a matter for a different thread) a bit of a problem, for then God sacrificed God's life to stop God from punishing the people. In other words, God intervened between the sinners and Himself, an idea that suggests God is schizophrenic, something that I am certainly not willing to accept and I'm fairly sure you aren't either. So. In some instances God and Christ are seperate, and in others they are the same. Confusing to say the least.

... --- ...
  15. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:51
    Confusing, Saul, but rather intrinsic to the Faith, wouldn't you say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree