1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 15:551 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The same one you are in now.
    No1 was raised a Roman-Catholic. That explains your present attitude towards me then, doesn't it ?

What made you decide to call it a day, no1 ?
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:01
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    You say the Jesus the Son and God the Father are the same entity, as do many Christians. However, this makes the action of Jesus' three-day sacrifice (the positive result of which he knew about before hand and therefore sacrificed nothing but that is a matter for a different thread) a bit of a problem, for then God sacrificed God's life to stop God f ...[text shortened]... hrist are seperate, and in others they are the same. Confusing to say the least.

... --- ...
    I suppose it might seem confusing. But it's easier if you see Jesus as a separate person from God the Father, and the Holy Spirit. One God, three persons. God set a penalty for sin (spiritual death). Everyone has sinned and is therefore guilty. God chose some to live who are guilty. But he would be unjust to pardon anyone without some price. So God decided He would give His Son. Christ suffers and dies, making restitution for the sins of his people. The sacrifice is show to be acceptable by Christ's resurrection.
  3. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:06
    If it is really confusing you, pick up a shamrock and have a look at it. It worked for the natives here, when St.Paddy arrived from Wales, so it should still work today!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:10
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    No1 was raised a Roman-Catholic. That explains your present attitude towards me then, doesn't it ?

What made you decide to call it a day, no1 ?
    No, it doesn't. I like most Roman Catholics (most of my friends are RC); just not the self-righteous, hypocritical ones like you (then again I don't care much for self-righteous hypocrites who aren't RC either).

For someone who likes to say others are "gossiping", you sure like to get into irrelevant, personal details, don't you, Ivanhoe? Of what possible difference does your question make? I've explained my present beliefs many times before; obviously they are incompatible with the RC faith. I'm unconvinced there is a God and I certainly don't believe that the OT God really existed and did the things the Bible claims. What else needs to be said?
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:191 edit
    No, it doesn't. I like most Roman Catholics (most of my friends are RC); just not the self-righteous, hypocritical ones like you (then again I don't care much for self-righteous hypocrites who aren't RC either).

For ...[text shortened]... d and did the things the Bible claims. What else needs to be said?

You managed to insert at least three insults and one absurd accusation in answering a relatively innocuous question, No1.

If your friends are liberal Roman-Catholics they will soon follow you on your path away from the Church and away from the Truth and towards the New Ideology, the new Culture of Death.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 16:462 edits

You managed to insert at least three insults and one absurd accusation in answering a relatively innocuous question, No1.

If your friends are liberal Roman-Catholics they will soon follow you on your path away from the Church and awa ...[text shortened]... the Truth and towards the New Ideology, the new Culture of Death.
    Yeah, it was a pretty good post; you should have rec'd it.

Your second paragraph is part of your Grand Paranoid Theory of the World and is ridiculous. If by "liberal" you mean they reject the Church's recent conclusion that it is an infallible dogma of the faith that artificial contraception is a "grave sin", they, like 90% of American Catholics are "liberal". Most seem inclined to stay in the RC unless fanatics like you succeed in driving them from the Church in order to "purify" it. Guess that's up to the right-wingers who run the RCC now.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 17:09
    Yeah, it was a pretty good post; you should have rec'd it.

Your second paragraph is part of your Grand Paranoid Theory of the World and is ridiculous. If by "liberal" you mean they reject the Church's recent conclusion that it is an infallible dogma of the faith that artificial contraception is a "grave sin", they, like 90% of Am ...[text shortened]... he Church in order to "purify" it. Guess that's up to the right-wingers who run the RCC now.

In your last post you managed to insert at least one instance of Strawmanreasoning and again at least two insults.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 17:15

In your last post you managed to insert at least one instance of Strawmanreasoning and again at least two insults.
    Thanks for keeping score!
  9. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    25 Apr '05 17:16

Does that mean his getting better? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree