1. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:58
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes the ones that are impowered by Satan.
    Witchcraft has nothing to do with "Satan". The "devil" is a product of monotheistic religions, for the most part. Even Buddhism, a non-monotheistic tradition, has its evil power, termed "Mara", the great tempter. But Witchcraft is modelled on ancient pagan traditions that predate the religious invention of any prime devil. For this, you have to educate yourself on the history of such pagan deities as Cernunnos, Faunus, Pan, Dionysius, and the very old shamanistic shape-shifter archetypes. These deities embody primal procreative power, as do many of the ancient "horned" gods. The association of them with "evil forces" was a much later invention of Medieval church "authorities" who were likely projecting their own psycho-pathology around sexual repression (their own unnatural celibacy) onto these procreative deities, ending up with the warped imagery of the "horned devil".

It cannot be stressed enough that the Christian "devil" has nothing to do with Witchcraft, or "Wicca" as it is usually called by modern practitioners.
  2. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:59
    So I see, I know you would make me prove that he exsists before you prove that he doesn't. Look at the world around use. Satan is the Prince of this world.

But that Bible says all we need is faith, SO THEREFORE my FAITH is what PROVES that he exsists.
    If he is the prince of your world.. what a sad place you live in.. and Why should i have to prove some thing that doesnt have any profe it exists... and my faith is what proves he doesnt... round and round...
  3. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:00
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    Witchcraft has nothing to do with "Satan". The "devil" is a product of monotheistic religions, for the most part. Even Buddhism, a non-monotheistic tradition, has its evil power, termed "Mara", the great tempter. But Witchcraft is modelled on ancient pagan traditions that predate the religious invention of any prime devil. For this, you have to e ...[text shortened]... has nothing to do with Witchcraft, or "Wicca" as it is usually called by modern practitioners.
    Actually i consider myself Wiccan and a Witch... one can practice the Wiccan religion without considering themselves a Witch.. and one can practice Witchcraft without following the Wiccan religion... but yes...
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:02
    Originally posted by xxxenophobe
    If he is the prince of your world.. what a sad place you live in.. and Why should i have to prove some thing that doesnt have any profe it exists... and my faith is what proves he doesnt... round and round...
    If you ever read the Bible it talks about how satan tries to copy God.

Well that is what you are doing after my post, you try to copy me by using my ideas about faith.

But you don't have the God given faith.
  5. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:03
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    I acknowledge your god, as your god is my god and my god is your god.
    I hold respect for your god when in his house.

RTh
    How true... as persay my Belief of The All.. and all means all.. all men.. all plants.. all gods... and verry well put.. i respect any ones eligious practices due to that fact while in any ones house...
  6. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:03
    Actually i consider myself Wiccan and a Witch... one can practice the Wiccan religion without considering themselves a Witch.. and one can practice Witchcraft without following the Wiccan religion... but yes...
    Hi xxx...do you belong to a coven? If so, is it Alexandrian, Gardnerian, independent...or are you a solitary Witch?
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:04
    I acknowledge your god, as your god is my god and my god is your god.
    I hold respect for your god when in his house.

RTh
    Question: "Are we all God's children, or only Christians?"

Answer: The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation (Colossians 1:16) but that only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12: John 11:52: Romans 8:16: 1 John 3:1-10).

In Scripture the lost are never referred to as children of God. Ephesians 2:3 tells us that before we were saved we were “by nature children of wrath, just as the others.” Romans 9:8 says that “those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God.” Instead of being born as God’s children we are born in sin, which separates us from God and aligns us with Satan as God’s enemy (James 4:4; 1 John 3:8). Jesus said “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me” (John 8:43). Then a few verses later in John 8:44 Jesus told the Pharisees that they were “of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.” The fact that those that are not saved are not children of God is also seen in 1 John 3:10, “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.”

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:5-6; Ephesians 1:5). We see this clearly in verses like Romans 8:14-17. “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.” Those that are saved are children “of God through faith in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:26) because God has “predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will” (Ephesians 1:5).

Recommended Resource: The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God by D.A. Carson.

http://www.gotquestions.org/all-God-children.html
  8. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:04
    If you ever read the Bible it talks about how satan tries to copy God.

Well that is what you are doing after my post, you try to copy me by using my ideas about faith.

But you don't have the God given faith.
    I have read the bible.. along with many other religeous texts... and so what if hes a copy cat..lol...using your ideas... you wrote the bible eh? and i beg your pardon... i have great faith in my gods... how rude...
  9. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:05
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    Hi xxx...do you belong to a coven? If so, is it Alexandrian, Gardnerian, independent...or are you a solitary Witch?
    mysticwicks.com go to the general introductions thread.. or search for me... xxxenophobe... its a great sight...
  10. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:17
    Question: "Are we all God's children, or only Christians?"

Answer: The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation (Colossians 1:16) but that only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12: John 11:52: Romans 8:16: 1 John 3:1-10).

In Scripture the lost are never referred to as children of God. Ephesians 2:3 tells us that ...[text shortened]... octrine of the Love of God by D.A. Carson.

http://www.gotquestions.org/all-God-children.html
    Thank you for quoting the bible. To quote the bible to me would be like me giving an auto mechanics book to a computer programmer. (no offense to the mechanically inept meant)

RTh
  11. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:20
    Thank you for quoting the bible. To quote the bible to me would be like me giving an auto mechanics book to a computer programmer. (no offense to the mechanically inept meant)

RTh
    HEY! i can add windshiled washer fluid! and gas!.. 😛
  12. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:32
    Don't worry RB, I send my children to church just as I went myself, they will need to find their own path.
    I have been called in my later years to that which has been nagging me my whole life. The voice that speaks to me so softly as I listen to the wind blow through the tall grass; the voice that gives me inner peace and salvation as the trees sway and dance. The connection I have as I walk in the house of my god knowing we are one, and always will be. I hope you have the same peace, I wish it for you.

RTh
  13. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:35
    Don't worry RB, I send my children to church just as I went myself, they will need to find their own path.
    I have been called in my later years to that which has been nagging me my whole life. The voice that speaks to me so softly as I listen to the wind blow through the tall grass; the voice that gives me inner peace and salvation as the trees ...[text shortened]... owing we are one, and always will be. I hope you have the same peace, I wish it for you.

RTh
    I agree and disagree... I would only ever take my kid to church if they asked me to... same as if they asked to go to a budhist temple or what have you... thats just me though.. but i did go to church also when i was young...
  14. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:48
    I agree and disagree... I would only ever take my kid to church if they asked me to... same as if they asked to go to a budhist temple or what have you... thats just me though.. but i did go to church also when i was young...
    I go, and I sit. I sing, and I pray. I give to help others. The church does good deeds for the most part. I have no beef with the church on a local level.
  15. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 04:49
    I go, and I sit. I sing, and I pray. I give to help others. The church does good deeds for the most part. I have no beef with the church on a local level.
    nore I... but you could be doing the helping, singing, praying, and helping others in your Pagan comunity or independantly as well...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree