Moves
    30 Apr '05 21:211 edit
    Anyone believe in witches?
    There is proof of them.
  2. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '05 21:30
    certainly! my mother in law to name one. I think she is the upper witch!
  3. Joined
    03 Dec '03
    Moves
    01 May '05 03:51
    I believe that there are people who practice witchcraft, black and white magic. But, I have seen nothing in my life to prove any existence of magic.
  4. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 May '05 08:51
    Originally posted by TrollGirl28
    There is proof of them.
    Well, there is the same "proof" for Witches as there are for Christians or Muslims or Buddhists. That is, they simply exist.

As for "magic", there are two basic forms -- "stage magic", and ceremonial magic.

Stage magic is essentially the art of illusion, mostly of the optical sort. David Copperfield, etc.

Ceremonial magic (sometimes spelled "magick" to differentiate it from stage magic) is very old, likely having its roots in ancient Egypt and Sumeria.

The basis of ceremonial magick in its higher forms -- sometimes called "High Magick" -- is the invocation of archetypal deities (gods and goddesses). A given deity is invoked for the purposes of aligning oneself with the qualities of that deity, or put another way, for evoking one's latent qualities that correspond to the qualities of the deity being called upon. These "deities" are always benevolent, at least in High Magick. Examples are the Archangles Raphael, Gabriel, and Michael, or the Egyptian Thoth, Isis, or Ma'at.

High Magick is about personal spiritual growth. White magick is about healing. Low magick is the practice of manipulating the elements (causing rainstorms, etc). Black magick is the practice of attempting to harm others by invoking negative forces.

Needless to say, black magick is foolish because its effects inevitably boomerang on the practitioner (sooner or later). So from the point of view of spiritual evolution, black magick is a waste of time.

I have known a number of Wiccans (Witches) and always found them to be rather mild folk. Their religion has some connection with ceremonial magick but is also related to the Nature-based traditions like Druidry and shamanism. Witchcraft as practiced today is largely a harmless, benevolent tradition, at least in covens that are run by mature adults.
  5. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 02:51
    There is proof of them.
    i'll have to say yes to this one.. seing how ive ben a practicing Wiccan/witch since the age of 13... 😉
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:38
    There is proof of them.
    Yes the ones that are impowered by Satan.
  7. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Satan is made up by your religion.. not ours...
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:432 edits
    Originally posted by xxxenophobe
    Satan is made up by your religion.. not ours...
    Chrsitianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with the creator, made availalbe through Jesus Christ.

Prove to me that he doesn't exsist.

That is Satan's bigest lie to say that he doesn't exsist.
  9. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:44
    Don't worry RB, The church killed off all us witches a long time ago and adopted our rituals and holidays that you now practice. Go figure?

RTh
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:47
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    Don't worry RB, The church killed off all us witches a long time ago and adopted our rituals and holidays that you now practice. Go figure?

RTh
    That was the Catholic Church I bet?
  11. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:49
    That was the Catholic Church I bet?
    It was Christianity. Your beliefs I immagine were based on the teachings of St Paul etc.?
    The New Testament?
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:50
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    It was Christianity. Your beliefs I immagine were based on the teachings of St Paul etc.?
    The New Testament?
    You mean JC. All the Bible was inspired by God.
  13. NY
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:51
    Chrsitianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with the creator, made availalbe through Jesus Christ.

Prove to me that he doesn't exsist.

That is Satan's bigest lie to see taht he doesn't exsist.
    Prove to me he does? And that line again.. please... i agree with rth... adopting things from religions that they think of as sacreligeous... thats irony at its best.. but whatever.. i can respect your beliefs... your God is just a part of The All... i can not nore should i think could i convince you otherwise... but dont try to convince me of this thing christians came up with to strike fear in people named satan... "If it harm none do as ye will"... im sure you could respect that... that takes care of my view of "sin"...
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:551 edit
    Originally posted by xxxenophobe
    Prove to me he does? And that line again.. please... i agree with rth... adopting things from religions that they think of as sacreligeous... thats irony at its best.. but whatever.. i can respect your beliefs... your God is just a part ...[text shortened]... you could respect that... that takes care of my view of "sin"...
    So I see, I know you would make me prove that he exsists before you prove that he doesn't. Look at the world around use. Satan is the Prince of this world.

But that Bible says all we need is faith, SO THEREFORE my FAITH is what PROVES that he exsists.
  15. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    03 May '05 03:57
    You mean JC. All the Bible was inspired by God.
    I acknowledge your god, as your god is my god and my god is your god.
    I hold respect for your god when in his house.

RTh

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree