1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 May '07 15:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I've started reading it, the worse you'll get is a delay when I come
    back from our trip. Outside of that you'll get my views on the paper.
    I'm already amazed at the events that are dated that are just said
    as if they know for a fact they occured when.
    Kelly
    It is, of course, a review paper. The original data is shown in the original papers. Probably, I can give you pdfs of them too. They probably base of previous studies, but, as I say, anything I can do to help.

L
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '07 15:42
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    It is, of course, a review paper. The original data is shown in the original papers. Probably, I can give you pdfs of them too. They probably base of previous studies, but, as I say, anything I can do to help.

L
    Please do, I'll put them on my lap top and read them when I get a
    chance. Worst case you'll have a million questions when I get back.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 May '07 15:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    31 May '07 18:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    I've repeatedly said that the age of the earth is probably older than we can imagine, but I also know that God could have snapped his fingers and created it old in a mere moment of time.
    God has fingers? The whole thing ( religion ) makes sense now. Why didn't i think of the finger theory?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '07 18:311 edit
    Originally posted by smw6869
    God has fingers? The whole thing ( religion ) makes sense now. Why didn't i think of the finger theory?
    Didn't you know, god is a man but about 50 feet tall and has a huge throne on the top of a mountain but not an earthly mountain.
    You should see his tallywhacker....
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '07
    Moves
    31 May '07 20:031 edit

L
    Why don't you just do us a favor and list the 20 methods used as well as all the different independent assumptions used as well?

And don't forget to say exactly how the results have validated the used assumptions.

Good luck.
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    31 May '07 23:00
    Originally posted by Phuzudaka
    Why don't you just do us a favor and list the 20 methods used as well as all the different independent assumptions used as well?

And don't forget to say exactly how the results have validated the used assumptions.

Good luck.
    the earth is either old or it isn't. So it's a 50/50 bet then either way.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 00:20

Good luck.
    I tackled this all ready. I'll tell you what, I'll send you a copy of the Zhang pdf and YOU can try and refute it, if you will.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 00:23
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    the earth is either old or it isn't. So it's a 50/50 bet then either way.
    By that logic, is a man is ill, and showing all the symptoms of bubonic plague, then it's a 50/50 chance that he's demonically possessed..
  10. Joined
    21 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 08:591 edit
    I tackled this all ready. I'll tell you what, I'll send you a copy of the Zhang pdf and YOU can try and refute it, if you will.
    Why don't you at least try to demonstrate that you have some elementary understanding of the Zhang paper yourself, and just highlight the 20 odd methods and assumptions used and say how the methods validate the made assumptions. Or is that asking too much?

I have no doubt that the circular reasoning used by Zhang is indeed very impressive, and certainly has bamboozled even yourself.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 09:03
    Why don't you at least try to demonstrate that you have some elementary understanding of Zhang paper yourself, and just highlight the 20 methods used and say how they validate the made assumptions. Or is that asking too much?

I have no doubt that the circular reasoning used by Zhang is indeed very impressive.
    I have a good understanding of Zhang's paper. His logic is not circular. Feel free to email me, and I'll send you a pdf copy. Kelly has accepted that challenge, won't you?

If not, please don't interrupt the grown ups.
  12. Joined
    21 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 09:20
    I have a good understanding of Zhang's paper. His logic is not circular. Feel free to email me, and I'll send you a pdf copy. Kelly has accepted that challenge, won't you?

If not, please don't interrupt the grown ups.
    Well you certainly have not demonstrated any understanding of it, whatsoever.

To the contrary, you seem obsessed with making claims and chickening out when asked to produce the goods.

Whenever I have given you any links you simply resond: "Don't trust a word those Charlatans say! It all cr@p! blah di blah blah..."

At least try and back up your claims in the future it you want anyone to take you seriously. And simply sending people pdfs isn't cutting it at the moment. I could send you plenty of pdfs myself, which totally discredit the accuracy of radiometric dating. But sending each other pdfs isn't quite the way to debate is it?

But send me the pdf in anycase, I'll certainly take a look at it.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 13:49
    Well you certainly have not demonstrated any understanding of it, whatsoever.

To the contrary, you seem obsessed with making claims and chickening out when asked to produce the goods.

Whenever I have given you any links you simply resond: "Don't trust a word those Charlatans say! It all cr@p! blah di blah blah..."

At least try and back up your ...[text shortened]... way to debate is it?

But send me the pdf in anycase, I'll certainly take a look at it.
    So send ME those proported refutes of radiometric dating. I would like to see them. dnphotonATptd.net
  14. Joined
    21 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 16:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So send ME those proported refutes of radiometric dating. I would like to see them. dnphotonATptd.net
    Did you take a look at any of the links I posted earlier?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 17:21
    Did you take a look at any of the links I posted earlier?
    You mean the one dated from 1985 or so? That one has been thouroughly (obviously not to your satisfaction) discredited.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree