1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 12:22
    On delicate matters such as spiritual issues it seems important that communication should be respectful and based around a genuine desire to find the motivation and meaning behind posts by other people. Questions should be from a position of curiosity. The questioner should not presume to have a certain knowledge of the meaning of the poster and they certainly should not repeatedly hound the poster to try and make them yield to their certainty. A one down position would be more effective than ridiculing from on high and presuming to point out and label perceived deficiencies in the other.

I think it would take a significant change in the style of communication most commonly displayed in this forum for the title Spirituality Forum to be deemed as anything other than misleading. Please feel free to discuss.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 12:25
    @petewxyz said
    On delicate matters such as spiritual issues it seems important that communication should be respectful and based around a genuine desire to find the motivation and meaning behind posts by other people. Questions should be from a position of curiosity. The questioner should not presume to have a certain knowledge of the meaning of the poster and they certainly should not rep ...[text shortened]... itle Spirituality Forum to be deemed as anything other than misleading. Please feel free to discuss.
    You're obviously still peeved about making a fool of yourself about what you think a "true" atheist is.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 12:26
    @fmf said
    You're obviously still peeved about making a fool of yourself about what you think a "true" atheist is.
    I rest my case.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 12:321 edit
    @petewxyz said
    I rest my case.
    Even Ghost of a Duke told you to lick your wounds and put it behind you. Now, here you are licking your wounds in the most narcissistic and double-downing kind of way imaginable ~ a whole thread about how bent out of shape you got on a message board, like you are simply itching for a playground squabble. I'm pretty sure this was not what Ghost of a Duke had in mind.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 12:371 edit
    @petewxyz said

I think it would take a significant change in the style of communication most commonly displayed in this forum for the title Spirituality Forum to be deemed as anything other than misleading. Please feel free to discuss.
    Do you think that the intellectually dishonesty displayed by yourself in this forum several days ago is something that should go unquestioned or unchallenged due to it being perhaps a “delicate matter” for you?
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 13:26
    when i type words in this lil box i'm talking to myself
    nobody else will read, hear, understand, contemplate, analyze any of the things i say
    if, perchance, an accident occurs and an inadvertent eye scans the thoughts i present,
    and only by chaos if another decides to put themself into the boots i wear,
    and make some sort of small dance of thought,
    perhaps finding a tiny bit of common ground,
    then the beginning of a mindmeld, an alloy of thought, happens

worry not, my precious padawan
    it will soon pass
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 14:59
    @FMF & @Divegeester

You seem to feel that repetition makes what you do here okay, it doesn't. You're certainty and lack of curiosity about the meaning of the other certainly does not sit well with words like 'intellectual honesty'. Your misuse of psychological terms like 'narcissistic' in an attempt to demean the other does you no favours. Your approach to people does not sit well in a Spirituality Forum.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 15:37
    @petewxyz said
    On delicate matters such as spiritual issues it seems important that communication should be respectful and based around a genuine desire to find the motivation and meaning behind posts by other people. Questions should be from a position of curiosity. The questioner should not presume to have a certain knowledge of the meaning of the poster and they certainly should not rep ...[text shortened]... itle Spirituality Forum to be deemed as anything other than misleading. Please feel free to discuss.
    Hear! Hear!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 15:46
    @petewxyz said
    @FMF
    Your misuse of psychological terms like 'narcissistic' in an attempt to demean the other does you no favours. Your approach to people does not sit well in a Spirituality Forum.
    If I think your complaining here exhibits an exaggerated sense of self-importance and pridefulness, what word should I use in conversation rather than "narcissistic"?
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 15:46
    @divegeester said
    intellectually dishonesty
    You so obviously do not know what intellectual dishonesty means, it is sad.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 15:50
    @petewxyz said
    @FMF
    You're certainty and lack of curiosity about the meaning of the other certainly does not sit well with words like 'intellectual honesty'.
    I think you were intellectually dishonest on this thread Thread 186093. It's your prerogative if you disagree or, indeed, if you have some other word to describe your behaviour.
  12. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 15:59
    @fmf said
    I think you were intellectually dishonest on this thread Thread 186093. It's your prerogative if you disagree or, indeed, if you have some other word to describe your behaviour.
    The thread simply serves to illustrate your lack of curiosity about what I was attempting to say. Your certainty that it illustrates the idea that you keep repeating is a good illustration of the style of communication that I comment on in the OP.
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 16:04
    @petewxyz said
    The thread simply serves to illustrate your lack of curiosity about what I was attempting to say. Your certainty that it illustrates the idea that you keep repeating is a good illustration of the style of communication that I comment on in the OP.
    Hear! Hear! 🙂
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 16:052 edits
    @petewxyz said
    Yes. I stand by my side of our conversation on that thread. My curiosity was amply demonstrated by how long I endured your bizarre doubling-down and deflection.

I am communicating to you that I stand by what I said to you on that thread. I am communicating to you that I think you are still doubling down in a prideful and self-obsessed way. [Exhibit A, that thread; Exhibit B, this thread].

You should have taken Ghost of a Duke's advice.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '20 16:122 edits
    @petewxyz said
    Your certainty that it illustrates the idea that you keep repeating is a good illustration of the style of communication that I comment on in the OP.
    If you don't like my style of communication, that's a matter for you. I would point out though that you yourself also "keep repeating" yourself. So, it's not clear to me whether you are in favour of people who "keep repeating" themselves or against them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree