Appropriate Communication for a Spirituality Forum

Appropriate Communication for a Spirituality Forum

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jul 20

@fmf said
But what does that mean, if anything?
The same meaning (or lack of meaning) your sentence had:

'I am sure petewxyz is happy to have your support for now as a fair weather friend.'

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pete is a splendid fellow. Happy to have him as a friend.
In Thread 180746 you were praising FMF to the heavens; let’s hope for Petewxyz’s sake that he doesn’t fall below your current expectations.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What I know, is that I provided a perfectly splendid answer to your question (not about Suzianne specifically, but any Christian who accepts evolutionary thinking). Here it is again. Perhaps you'll absorb it more on a second reading:

'I'm assuming that Christians who have incorporated evolution into 'God's work' believe we have evolved into God's image.'
The quality of your response is not in question, and as you well know it was not and is not my point of interest. So why tell me about it.

I’ll say it again so it’s clear; my challenge to you then was that, as you had done before, you stepped into to defend Suzianne when no defence was needed. She is more than capable of looking after herself and doesn’t require your clumsy incongruent pseudo-gallantry. You just make her look inept.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jul 20

@divegeester said
In Thread 180746 you were praising FMF to the heavens; let’s hope for Petewxyz’s sake that he doesn’t fall below your current expectations.
Did you really just go and dig up a thread over a year old?

Ouch...

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The same meaning (or lack of meaning) your sentence had:

'I am sure petewxyz is happy to have your support for now as a fair weather friend.'
You really don't know what "fair weather friend" means?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Ouch...
“I have detailed files”

Arnold Schwarzenegger (Terminator 2)

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Ouch...
Never mind a year ago. You were saying similar things like that about me only a few weeks ago in our private forum. And I am exactly the same poster as I have been here for 12+ years.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jul 20

@divegeester said
The quality of your response is not in question, and as you well know it was not and is not my point of interest. So why tell me about it.

I’ll say it again so it’s clear; my challenge to you then was that, as you had done before, you stepped into to defend Suzianne when no defence was needed. She is more than capable of looking after herself and doesn’t require your clumsy incongruent pseudo-gallantry. You just make her look inept.
I thought perhaps a second reading would make you aware I said 'I'm assuming Christians' not 'I believe Suzianne would say..."

There is rather a distinct difference.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I thought perhaps a second reading would make you aware I said 'I'm assuming Christians' not 'I believe Suzianne would say..."

There is rather a distinct difference.
I’m well aware of what you wrote, how you wrote it and why you wrote it the way you did.

Unlike Petewxyz, I didn’t arrive here with the last shower of heavy rain.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jul 20

@fmf said
Never mind a year ago. You were saying similar things like that about me only a few weeks ago in our private forum. And I am exactly the same poster as I have been here for 12+ years.
As you said yourself, "What does that mean, if anything?"

Why is me speaking well of Pete a reflection on you?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I’m well aware of what you wrote, how you wrote it and why you wrote it the way you did.
Omniscient?

SRB

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pete is a splendid fellow. Happy to have him as a friend.
Thank you, likewise. Have a nice evening.

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
As you said yourself, "What does that mean, if anything?"

Why is me speaking well of Pete a reflection on you?
You were Grampy Bobby's friend until you weren't. You were robbie carrobie's friend until you weren't. Do you really not know what the expression "fair weather friend" means?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Ouch...
Yep ouch ...

Ghost of a Duke said
”He [FMF] is one of my favorite posters on this site. I like his dry sense of humour and clarity of thought.”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Omniscient?
Just agreeing with your cover story in your previous post and letting you know I am on to it.