Appropriate Communication for a Spirituality Forum

Appropriate Communication for a Spirituality Forum

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Jul 20
1 edit

@fmf said
You were Grampy Bobby's friend until you weren't. You were robbie carrobie's friend until you weren't. Do you really not know what the expression "fair weather friend" means?
You always get the Robbie thing back to front. (For convenience I guess). For the first couple of years on the site, he had me on ignore and we clashed continually in this forum). It was only later we got on better after playing a few games and parted as friends.

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pete is a splendid fellow. Happy to have him as a friend.
A few weeks ago you would have been contributing to a thread called petewxyzwatch, especially after a car crash thread like the one on "true atheists", and after an OP like this one, just as you were contributing to KellyJaywatch, and TomWolseywatch and Suziannewatch etc. etc..

Moves
19 Jul 20

@fmf said
A few weeks ago you would have been contributing to a thread called petewxyzwatch, especially after a car crash thread like the one on "true atheists", and after an OP like this one, just as you were contributing to KellyJaywatch, and TomWolseywatch and Suziannewatch etc. etc..
I have always been consistent in defending those I consider friends. I am surprised you haven't realized that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You always get the Robbie thing back to front. (For convenience I guess). For the first couple of years on the site, he had me on ignore and we clashed continually in this forum). It was only later we got on better after playing a few games and parted as friends.
While those snippets may well be true in your mind, that is not the way I remember that period in this forum and very much not the way I remember your posting, your allegiances and how you’re positioned yourself with the various combatants back then.

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I have always been consistent in defending those I consider friends. I am surprised you haven't realized that.
Why are you going after me on this thread when all I have done is apply the same insights and standards to petewxyz as I have done to any and all for as long as you have known me?

Moves
19 Jul 20

@divegeester said
While those snippets may well be true in your mind, that is not the way I remember that period in this forum and very much not the way I remember your posting, your allegiances and how you’re positioned yourself with the various combatants back then.
When ToO is defeated in a debate he always links back to a thread years ago when I took Kelly's side against Robbie. (I said something along the lines of 'as a neutral observer kelly has won this argument). So was the way of things back then. Robbie had me on permanent ignore.

I can only assume you are befuddling him with GB.

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I've noticed that you defend certain people and then you don't. I see consistency there. Do you really not know what "fair weather friends" means?

Moves
19 Jul 20

@fmf said
Why are you going after me on this thread when all I have done is apply the same insights and standards to petewxyz as I have done to any and all for as long as you have known me?
Pete held his hands up to a badly written sentence and took the time to clarify what he meant. Perhaps I am surprised by the way you reacted to that.

Moves
19 Jul 20

@fmf said
I've noticed that you defend certain people and then you don't. I see consistency there. Do you really not know what "fair weather friends" means?
Of course I know. it simply doesn't apply to me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
When ToO is defeated in a debate he always links back to a thread years ago when I took Kelly's side against Robbie. (I said something along the lines of 'as a neutral observer kelly has won this argument). So was the way of things back then. Robbie had me on permanent ignore.

I can only assume you are befuddling him with GB.
I’m not thinking of anything to do with that incident, nor anything that specific.

For a notable period you were a defender of Grampy Bobby’s posting and Robbie Carrobie generally, both of whom were in the thick of it in here. As time passed your perception was, shall we say more completed, and your allegiance to each of them waned.

I think this is what FMF will be referring to and it is how I remember the broad strokes of your 1st 12 months or so here.

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps I am surprised by the way you reacted to that.
But you have known me for years. The thread was a car crash. petewxyz was making a pompous fool of himself over and over again on almost every page. If it had been KellyJay you'd have been 'congratulating' me in private like you used to.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pete held his hands up to a badly written sentence and took the time to clarify what he meant. Perhaps I am surprised by the way you reacted to that.
It’s the 8 pages of doubling down which are of pertinence, stop pretending you don’t see that.

Moves
19 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I’m not thinking of anything to do with that incident, nor anything that specific.

For a notable period you were a defender of Grampy Bobby’s posting and Robbie Carrobie generally, both of whom were in the thick of it in here. As time passed your perception was, shall we say more completed, and your allegiance to each of them waned.

I think this is what FMF will be referring to and it is how I remember the broad strokes of your 1st 12 months or so here.
Forming allegiances is how the forums work, and yes, sometimes allegiances change.

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Of course I know. it simply doesn't apply to me.
You have a track record, surely, of turning your back on friends in this little part of cyberspace.

F

Moves
19 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Forming allegiances is how the forums work, and yes, sometimes allegiances change.
They change with the weather, so to speak.