1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 00:52
    Are the Catholics serious about their belief that all that are not Catholic burn ?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 01:42
    Originally posted by buckky
    Are the Catholics serious about their belief that all that are not Catholic burn ?
    my dads a Catholic and has never been serious about anything in his life except drinking!
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 03:13
    No...but if one is not saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, then he or she will not have eternal life.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 05:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    my dads a Catholic and has never been serious about anything in his life except drinking!
    😵
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 05:05
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    No...but if one is not saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, then he or she will not have eternal life.
    Oh whattapity
    :'(
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 05:18
    Catholics don't all believe that--they just think Protestant doctrine is wrong.
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 05:22
    So which denomination has the best interpretation? Or is that an oxymoron?
  8. Break-twitching
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 05:47
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Oh whattapity
    :'(
    Yes, it is for a lot of people.
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 05:54
    Catholic doctrine does not say that. Not at all. It used to but not any more.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 07:20
    Originally posted by Electric Red
    So which denomination has the best interpretation? Or is that an oxymoron?
    The denomination that has the best interpretation is, of course, the one that fits your view.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 07:53
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Catholic doctrine does not say that. Not at all. It used to but not any more.
    Catholic doctrine never said that.
  12. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 09:23
    I'm not sure if this is true or not. Most Catholics I know don't think this way. 😏
  13. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 12:49
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Whether or not it was official doctrine, in the pre-Vatican II era it's what children were taught. A friend of mine in her seventies said that she was so afraid for a Protestant friend of hers as a child that she wanted to secretly baptize her Catholic so that the friend wouldn't burn in hell. That's back when they were also taught that it was a sin to enter a church that wasn't Catholic!
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 15:321 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    The current Catholic Catechism says that Jesus shall cast non-believers into a lake of fire.

Do you deny this?
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 15:45
    From the Catholic Catechism (http://www.kofc.org/publications/cis/catechism/search.cfm):

1034 Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost. 614 Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire," 615 and that he will pronounce the condemnation: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!"

1035 The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire." 617 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree