Are religious folk moronic in nature?

Are religious folk moronic in nature?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
To describe your creed - and especially the way you arrive at it, and the intellectual feedback loop that feeds it - as "open minded" makes a mockery of what those words actually mean. I do not mean this as an insult. Honestly, I don't. I am not "willing to receive help", as you say you wish. I only tossed the Book of Revelation into the discussion on this threa ...[text shortened]... intellectual and spiritual upbringing I had given them.

No offence intended.
i had to feel my bum to make sure i was not dreaming after reading your most recent piece of fiction, you are a complete charlatan, you cut and paste some dudes work, claim it took you ages to type, offer absolutely zero evidence to substantiate your claims, condescend to say we are all being duped on the basis of it, refuse to consider the textual evidence even though you have called its legitimacy into question, if you were my father, i would be utterly devastated and completely ashamed!

F

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i had to feel my bum to make sure i was not dreaming after reading your most recent piece of fiction, you are a complete charlatan, you cut and paste some dudes work, claim it took you ages to type, offer absolutely zero evidence to substantiate your claims, condescend to say we are all being duped on the basis of it, refuse to consider the textual e ...[text shortened]... macy into question, if you were my father, i would be utterly devastated and completely ashamed!
Whatever.

j

Moves
25 Feb 09
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
To describe your creed - and especially the way you arrive at it, and the intellectual feedback loop that feeds it - as "open minded" makes a mockery of what those words actually mean. I do not mean this as an insult. Honestly, I don't. I am not "willing to receive help", as you say you wish. I only tossed the Book of Revelation into the discussion on this threa intellectual and spiritual upbringing I had given them.

No offence intended.
Most knowledgeable friend, well versed in textural higher criticoism, Church History, and the means and ends of charlatans, totally versed in the book of Revelation - I only have on parting question for you.

You wrote "('John?', yeah, right!) claimed he said to him in a dream, "

Could you please reach down into your bag of scholarly and full familiarity with this book of Revelation and quote me exactly which verse says that John claimed to have had a dream ?

Thank you. Nice talking to you.

PS, your defense below to RObbie of "Whatever" is certainly irrefutable. Congradulations.

F

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by jaywill
Most knowledgeable friend, well versed in textural higher criticoism, Church History, and the means and ends of charlatans, totally versed in the book of Revelation - I only have on parting question for you.

You wrote [b] "('John?', yeah, right!) claimed he said to him in a dream, "

Could you please reach down into your bag of scholarly and full ...[text shortened]... PS, your defense below to RObbie of "Whatever" is certainly irrefutable. Congradulations.[/b]
Sorry guys. The Thread Topic is: Are religious folk moronic in nature? My only motivation was to draw you out of the woodwork and prove to myself - and to people whose spirituality and mindmap is similar to mine - and have you do what it is you do. This Thread needed it, as real life example. Mission accomplished. Don't fall for Nigerian e-mail scams!

rc

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Whatever.
lol, being glib about it wont help, i thought you were feisty and genuine, but i am mistaken, im just disappointed that's all, you're all tarnished now, diminished and ragged, just a clown like me, chasing shadows and i looked up to you as well! but don't worry you bad ol putty cat, i still like reading your comments but i now will read them differently, sorrowfully, reflecting on what could have been!

F

Moves
25 Feb 09

lol, being glib about it wont help, i thought you were feisty and genuine, but i am mistaken, im just disappointed that's all, you're all tarnished now, diminished and ragged, just a clown like me, chasing shadows and i looked up to you as well! but don't worry you bad ol putty cat, i still like reading your comments but i now will read them differently, sorrowfully, reflecting on what could have been!
QED yet again.

Enough. Thanks. I have made my point.

rc

Moves
25 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
QED yet again.

Enough. Thanks. I have made my point.
Lol, yes but were not buying it, for sure your talking pure mince, you are the duped one, a real life example of one so intellectually superior that he could not come to terms with a simple window licker and one or two scriptural references, moronic is an understatement!

F

Moves
25 Feb 09

yes but were not buying it
If you think it was, for even one moment, my intention to persuade or convince you of anything, then you have totally misunderstood all along.

rc

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
If you think it was, for even one moment, my intention to persuade or convince you of anything, then you have totally misunderstood all along.
look me in the eyes FMF and tell me straight, you were trying to convince others that we (the religious) are moronic, were you not! if so, then you have failed, for the references we gave are sound and and the logic unassailable for as yet they completely refute your attempts to establish that we are indeed moronic, completely! i do not deny that we are capable misjudgment and are prone to human error, but to use the book of revelation and its acceptance as some type of litmus test is simply ludicrous, for its tenets are well established as are its credentials, you have in fact proved that the opposite is true, a disregard for the actual text being disputed on unsound and an unsubstantiated basis by individuals who have probably never read the text, is Moronic! it is truly a wonder to me, that these things are hidden from the wise and intellectual but revealed to babes and window lickers.

j

Moves
25 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Sorry guys. The Thread Topic is: Are religious folk moronic in nature? My only motivation was to draw you out of the woodwork and prove to myself - and to people whose spirituality and mindmap is similar to mine - and have you do what it is you do. This Thread needed it, as real life example. Mission accomplished. Don't fall for Nigerian e-mail scams!
So you had to prove to yourself that you are quite adept at ad homs.

Very impressive indeed, especially for someone so captivated by the Sermon on the Mount.

j

Moves
25 Feb 09
3 edits

erased.

Sorry.

j

Moves
25 Feb 09
3 edits

erased.

Sorry.

rc

Moves
25 Feb 09

erased.

Sorry.
Lol, i read them jaywill my friend and agreed with the sentiments, obviously your conscience kicked in and you felt some remorse and we must respect that.

j

Moves
25 Feb 09

Lol, i read them jaywill my friend and agreed with the sentiments, obviously your conscience kicked in and you felt some remorse and we must respect that.
I was also hoping that we could get more into the book of Revelation (particularly focusing on Jesus Christ).

Obviously FMF is not interested.
Praise the Lord, regardless.

F

Moves
25 Feb 09

I was also hoping that we could get more into the book of Revelation (particularly focusing on Jesus Christ). Obviously FMF is not interested.
Exactly. And remember, her husband [i]isn't[/b] really a retired general in the Nigeriam army.