1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 15:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there is much evidence that the book is [divinely] inspired
    On the contrary, there is none at all. Not any. Whereas there is mountains of historical evidence that it was a political football for hundreds of years and imposed on Christendom in some kind of dogma powerplay.

the very first prophecy uttered in scripture finds its fulfillment in the book of revelation

If this is the kind of "evidence" that leads you to believe that the Book of Revelations is "genuine", then all I can say is that you are exactly the kind of person - with exactly the kind of mindmap - that the ecclesiastical charlatans were seeking to suck in.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 15:431 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    On the contrary, there is none at all. Not any. Whereas there is mountains of historical evidence that it was a political football for hundreds of years and imposed on Christendom in some kind of dogma powerplay.

[b]the very first prophecy uttered in scripture finds its fulfillment in the book of revelation

th exactly the kind of mindmap - that the ecclesiastical charlatans were seeking to suck in.[/b]
    on the contrary to your on the contrary, there is zillions of evidence, although it may take some time to gather, however i do not deny that some unscrupulous individuals may have used the book to promote dogma, this was in times of ignorance though, but we are living in different times now, we have freedom to examine the contents for ourselves, to make reasoned judgments with what we can glean culturally, historically, through archeology and science etc and thus we can compare different texts, why should some ecclesiastical all encompassing megalith define our stance, we have our own minds and can think for ourselves! so on the contrary, rather than being duped, i feel privileged and liberated, please do not let what has happened in the past also influence you appreciation for this marvelous book

i leave you with a thought

revelation 21:3,4

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

the land of the new rising sun my friend, is it not beautiful?
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 15:461 edit
    the very first prophecy uttered in scripture finds its fulfillment in the book of revelation
    I'm going to write a book where I make the prophesy that Timmy the turtle made of sweaty socks will turn into a turnip. I shall then write another book a few years later such that I may fulfill this prophecy for Timmy as I write it.

By your logic this would prove there existed a turtle made out of sweaty socks.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 16:01
    there is zillions of evidence [that it's divinely inspired]
    Don't be silly. Your "certainty" is not "evidence". Please.

i do not deny that some unscrupulous individuals may have used the book to promote dogma, this was in times of ignorance though, but we are living in different times now, we have freedom to examine the contents for ourselves

Why?

Do you examine conterfeit money for some signs that it may be partly real?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 16:08
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]the very first prophecy uttered in scripture finds its fulfillment in the book of revelation
    I'm going to write a book where I make the prophesy that Timmy the turtle made of sweaty socks will turn into a turnip. I shall then write another book a few years later such that I may fulfill this prophecy for Timmy as I write it.

By your logic this would prove there existed a turtle made out of sweaty socks.[/b]
    lol, what a buffoon, the first prophecy was regarded as being written in the book of genesis almost 3000 years before its fulfillment was written in the book or revelation, even by your standards little Timmys socks would have decomposed and become food for his turnip, have you ever thought of writing for Mills and Boon?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't be silly. Your "certainty" is not "evidence". Please.

[b] i do not deny that some unscrupulous individuals may have used the book to promote dogma, this was in times of ignorance though, but we are living in different times now, we have freedom to examine the contents for ourselves

Why?

Do you examine conterfeit money for some signs that it may be partly real?[/b]
    oh FMF, what can i say, how would i know if the money was counterfeit or otherwise unless i examined for myself in the first place.

why, because it is well known and understood that the church was guilty of the most gross and inhumane practices which had their basis in ignorance! Some of which you have mentioned e.g. its insistence that the Bible remain in Latin, where attempts were made to translate into the vernacular the translators were perused, captured and suffered horrific deaths.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 16:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Doesn't look like you're going to be contributing anything worthwhile to this discussion if this post is anything to go by. I mean, what in heaven's name is "internal evidence"?
    I guess you are contributing a whole lot .. by copying and pasting the writings of others. At least give them the credit.

If youre not John Ralston Saul, then you are a stupid little child claiming to write stuff and take credit for other peoples work. When are you going to grow up. A couple years ago I caught you writing stuff about Cuba which were clearly other peoples ideas.

Almost everything in some of your posts are taken verbatim from The Unconscious Civilization by John Ralston Saul

http://www.dhushara.com/book/multinet/saul.html

I like the "Coffe'd up, I shall continue" touch. Thats nice. Gives everyone the impression you need to get some coffee to continue your thoughts when it was just a copy and paste job. ... 😀
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I guess you are contributing a whole lot .. by copying and pasting the writings of others. At least give them the credit.

If youre not John Ralston Saul, then you are a stupid little child claiming to write stuff and take credit for other peoples work. When are you going to grow up. A couple years ago I caught you writing stuff about Cuba which were clear ...[text shortened]... ed to get some coffee to continue your thoughts when it was just a copy and paste job. ... 😀
    i knew poor ol FMF would be toast before too long!
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:151 edit
    lol, what a buffoon, the first prophecy was regarded as being written in the book of genesis almost 3000 years before its fulfillment was written in the book or revelation, even by your standards little Timmys socks would have decomposed and become food for his turnip, have you ever thought of writing for Mills and Boon?
    no...your ramblings would make you the buffoon, you didn't get the point (unsurprisingly)
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:181 edit
    no...your ramblings would make you the buffoon, you didn't get the point (unsurprisingly)
    Lol, i never even read it, surprised now?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:30
    Lol, i never even read it, surprised now?
    you contradict yourself (though I doubt you understand how)
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:314 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    The whole thing, jaywill. The entire Book. Didn't you understand my two posts? Why would I go through it verse by verse? The whole thing was clearly written by charlatans, for charlatans' purposes, and added to the New Testament almost 400 years after Christ died. What each verse says is immaterial. The "John" who wrote it presents the most risible 'credentials which is what this cynical imposter of a book is.

Are you going to offer a rebuttal?
    =======================
    Are you going to offer a rebuttal?
    =========================

I will respond as soon as I can give it the time latter today.

I'll sift through your question begging and tactics to reframe your complaint to another subject - textural criticism, and speak to what you write which bears directly on your objection, ie. selfserving charlatans wrote Revelation.

The first chapter is what we are examining at the moment.

So far you have taken refuge in very vague and broad brushed generalization. I think you are afraid to pin point exactly what sentences reveal the writer as a "charlatan".

Also, you speak of the words of Jesus which are clear and have circulated over the world. But some of the words of Jesus which are still hard to understand and interpret even to this day have also circulated around the world.

This complaint amounts to "What I do not understand, Jesus didn't say."

I'll get back to you. But simply ascerting and question begging the matter which you have been asked to prove, will not do.

"I don't have to point out any passage. It is all obviously written by a charlaton."

That will never do as evidence. I need time to see your other posts.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:38
    you contradict yourself (though I doubt you understand how)
    No, i merely glanced at your post, for they are so often filled vitriolic diatribe i could not bring myself to read it with any constancy, but merely scanned it quickly as one would lick a 9v battery and gleaning two words timothy and turnip assumed you must be a childrens story book writer, Did you write The Enormous Turnip?
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:491 edit
    No, i merely glanced at your post, for they are so often filled vitriolic diatribe i could not bring myself to read it with any constancy, but merely scanned it quickly as one would lick a 9v battery and gleaning two words timothy and turnip assumed you must be a childrens story book writer, Did you write The Enormous Turnip?
    is "The Enormous Turnip" a codename for the yet to be released "Newer Testament"?
    Secondly, do you lick windows as well as batteries?
    Thirdly, my posts are not full of vitriol, they are full of love.

Fourthly, you mentioned socks, implies you gleaned more than two words
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 18:281 edit
    is "The Enormous Turnip" a codename for the yet to be released "Newer Testament"?
    Secondly, do you lick windows as well as batteries?
    Thirdly, my posts are not full of vitriol, they are full of love.

Fourthly, you mentioned socks, implies you gleaned more than two words
    no you must have inserted a subliminal message in your post so that when i blinked at it, it entered my subconscious and was reproduced involuntarily in the reply. yes i lick windows for a living, and the enormous turnip is about this giant turnip that no one can pull out of the ground, so grandma asks grandfather, grandfather asks the boy, the boy asks, the girl, the girls asks the dog, the dog asks the cat, the cats asks the rabbit, the rabbit asks the budgie, and altogether they pull out the enormous turnip and eat it for dinner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree