Are the nations shaking?

Are the nations shaking?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
18 Feb 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Those were example of war instruments. Tanks and fighter jets were obviously not used back then.
It seems like your interpretation is that the Bible doesn't really mean what it says.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Feb 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Those were example of war instruments. Tanks and fighter jets were obviously not used back then.
Prove it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Feb 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Prove it.
Prove what?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Feb 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Haggai 2: 6-7
For thus said the LORD of hosts; yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; 7 [b] and I will shake all nations
, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, said the LORD of hosts.

Is this scripture referring to what we are seeing in ...[text shortened]... d weather events, but more specifically in Libya, Egypt, Bahrain and wider in the economic PIGs?[/b]
My reply to your OP:

Originally posted by josephw

No.

I believe the verse you sited refers to the time immediately following the return of Jesus and not before.

galveston says:

"Sorry but that thought does not match the scripture here..."

divegeester, galveston thinks I'm wrong. JW doctrine does not allow for the fulfilment of certain prophecies. For example the literal rule of Jesus Christ reining from a restored Israel as the exclusive dominant nation on earth.

You see divegeester, prior to the captivity, i.e. enslavement in Babylon, Israel was a sovereign nation. But never since has Israel been anything other than under other national rule.(except perhaps what we see today in the middle east)

But the verses you sited are in reference to a future Israel even though they appear within the context of another concurrent story.

The Bible is full of these sorts of things which is why there is so much disagreement about interpretation. But a careful reading leaves no doubt as to what God is talking about in this particular passage.

The last time "The Glory of the Lord" filled the temple was after Solomon built it.

Next time Jesus Himself will sit on the throne of David in the temple and rule the earth from Israel for a thousand years.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Feb 11

My reply to your OP:

No.

I believe the verse you sited refers to the time immediately following the return of Jesus and not before.

galveston says:

[b]"Sorry but that thought does not match the scripture here..."

divegeester, galveston thinks I'm wrong. JW doctrine does not allow for the fulfilment o ...[text shortened]... t on the throne of David in the temple and rule the earth from Israel for a thousand years.[/b]
We completely agree with Bible prophicies but our understanding doesn't agree with yours.
If you truly believe Jesus will one day walk on this earth again as a human, prove by scripture that fact you think is so clear.
Again..... make that perfectly clear "by scripture".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 11

Originally posted by Palynka
Oooo, I love playing Nostradamus!

Can someone list all things for which the word "shake" can be used as a metaphor?
Stop picking your nose and sit up in your chair boy!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 11
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
There has not been any significant increase in catastrophic weather events as far as I know.
Thank god for that, I knew global warming was a load of bull.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Feb 11

I didn't say anything about global warming. Global warming is not a 'catastrophic weather event', nor is it a 'load of bull'.

Now how about addressing the actual points I made, or are you so desperate to make the prophesy come true that you wish to overlook the fact that the key elements you are using to match current events to the prophesy are simply not true.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 11

I didn't say anything about global warming. Global warming is not a 'catastrophic weather event', nor is it a 'load of bull'.

Now how about addressing the actual points I made, or are you so desperate to make the prophesy come true that you wish to overlook the fact that the key elements you are using to match current events to the prophesy are simply not true.
Ok-ok jeez who hammered your last nail in!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 11

And which ones would those be? Seems you do not know your history - or just get over excited by current events. There has not been any significant increase in catastrophic weather events as far as I know.

And as for 'shaking nations' you can hardly claim that current events are as shaky as World Wars I or II.
You are very quick to jump on other people for the tone of their replies but you know what, a lot of the time when I read yours I see you sat there sneering with contempt.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 11

And which ones would those be? Seems you do not know your history - or just get over excited by current events. There has not been any significant increase in catastrophic weather events as far as I know.

And as for 'shaking nations' you can hardly claim that current events are as shaky as World Wars I or II.
I don't know all the recorded facts about numbers of catastophic events but there certainly seems to have been a lot of large and local scale disasters happening in the last decade or so. Perhaps these impact mankind simply because we are more populous now.

I guess the relationship between wars and "shaking" is relative to the time period being examined and the world's ability to recover from those events.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 11

Originally posted by Palynka
Such so-called biblical prophecies are so anachronistic these days that any thinking theist should (rightly) sweep them under the rug of "sign of the times". Clinging on to the perfection of every biblical word is a lost cause.
You may well be correct, but it is still interesting to consider them in the light of recent history and current events.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Feb 11

You are very quick to jump on other people for the tone of their replies but you know what, a lot of the time when I read yours I see you sat there sneering with contempt.
Well, lets see. In this thread, you made a claim regarding weather events and 'shaking nations'. I challenged both claims and you reply with sarcasm.
I challenge you again, and and you come up with :

Ok-ok jeez who hammered your last nail in!
Now if that isn't a direct insult then I don't know what is.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Feb 11
1 edit

I don't know all the recorded facts about numbers of catastophic events but there certainly seems to have been a lot of large and local scale disasters happening in the last decade or so. Perhaps these impact mankind simply because we are more populous now.
I think population has a lot to do with it, but far more important are two key illusions:
1. There is more global news than in the past and it focuses heavily on disasters. This gives the illusion that there are more disasters when in reality there are simply more disasters that you read about in the news.
2. We live here and now and did not live through the world wars or some of the other catastrophic events of the past so we have a bias towards thinking current events are more important (which they are to us, but not statistically).

I guess the relationship between wars and "shaking" is relative to the time period being examined and the world's ability to recover from those events.
Surely if you are trying to match a prophesy to real world events, you should be looking at the whole time period that the prophesy could possibly be referring too, which I would think is not long after the prophesy was written to now. Unless you succumb to the illusions I mention earlier, the World wars (and many other events in the last few thousand years since that prophesy was written) far outweigh any 'nation shaking' going on now.
I would even say the collapse of the Soviet Union would better match the description than a few riots in North Africa.

Remember your thread title was "Are the nations shaking" yet you seem quite uninterested in knowing whether or not they actually are.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Feb 11
1 edit

Global warming ended the Ice Age and created the Great Flood, wiping out Eden. It created the Sahara desert and other deserts in the area (Arabian, etc). It destroyed lots and lots of valuable land.

Look up the Flandrian Transgression.