1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 22:15
    Haggai 2: 6-7
    For thus said the LORD of hosts; yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; 7 and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, said the LORD of hosts.

Is this scripture referring to what we are seeing in terms of catastrophic geological and weather events, but more specifically in Libya, Egypt, Bahrain and wider in the economic PIGs?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 03:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    For thus said the LORD of hosts; yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; 7 [b] and I will shake all nations
    , and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, said the LORD of hosts.

Is this scripture referring to what we are seeing in ...[text shortened]... d weather events, but more specifically in Libya, Egypt, Bahrain and wider in the economic PIGs?[/b]
    Yes
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 05:031 edit
    For thus said the LORD of hosts; yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; 7 [b] and I will shake all nations
    , and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, said the LORD of hosts.

Is this scripture referring to what we are seeing in ...[text shortened]... d weather events, but more specifically in Libya, Egypt, Bahrain and wider in the economic PIGs?[/b]
    Haggai 2:6,7 & 21,22 (New International Version, ©2010)

6 “This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the LORD Almighty.
    21 “Tell Zerubbabel governor of Judah that I am going to shake the heavens and the earth. 22 I will overturn royal thrones and shatter the power of the foreign kingdoms. I will overthrow chariots and their drivers; horses and their riders will fall, each by the sword of his brother.

It would seem the things you mentioned would be included in that scripture but it also mentions the heavens being shaken. This would refer to the removal of Satan from the heavenly realm and confined to the earth.
    Also verse 7 mentions "what is desired by all nations will come and I will fill this house with glory."
    Any thoughts on this?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 05:061 edit
    Is this scripture referring to what we are seeing in terms of catastrophic geological and weather events..
    And which ones would those be? Seems you do not know your history - or just get over excited by current events. There has not been any significant increase in catastrophic weather events as far as I know.

And as for 'shaking nations' you can hardly claim that current events are as shaky as World Wars I or II.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 05:14
    Swords and chariots haven't been used for a long, long time..
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 05:261 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Swords and chariots haven't been used for a long, long time..
    Those were example of war instruments. Tanks and fighter jets were obviously not used back then.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 12:072 edits
    In Haggai's prophecy " the desire of all nations" is Jesus Christ.

Whether they know it or not Christ is the one the nations desire.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 13:011 edit

Oooo, I love playing Nostradamus!

Can someone list all things for which the word "shake" can be used as a metaphor?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 14:031 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    In Haggai's prophecy [b]" the desire of all nations" is Jesus Christ.

Whether they know it or not Christ is the one the nations desire.[/b]
    6 “This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,’

So if this is speaking of Jesus, is this Jesus or his Father speaking this? Two things to consider is the term "Almighty" is used here. This term is never used in reference to Jesus anywhere in the Bible.
    Also it would seem strange that Jesus would be speaking about himself in this way.

The ones that are desired from all nations will be the little flock or the 144,00 that are "bought from the earth" or from all nations. This number is what will complete or fill this house.
    Jesus himself said he would go and "prepare a place" for his chosen followers who would follow him later.
    So Jesus would already be there when this shaking would happen as he was the one who cast Satan to the earth.
    Since he was already there preparing a place for the chosen ones, this does not apply to Jesus.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 14:10

No.

I believe the verse you sited refers to the time immediately following the return of Jesus and not before.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 14:57
    So who is Zerubbabel governor of Judah, and the 'foreign kingdoms' are 'foreign' to whom?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 15:12
    Originally posted by josephw
    No.

I believe the verse you sited refers to the time immediately following the return of Jesus and not before.
    Sorry but that thought does not match the scripture here...
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 15:561 edit

With some creativity one can arrange it such that so called "prophecies" hold true in many other cases - as has been suggested, with this one WW1 or WW2 would have done the job. Also one may consider near misses like asteroid DD45 back in 2005, Pandemics such as the 1918 spanish flu, global warming, economic meltdown (as you suggest) and so on...

None of the prophecies I have seen are specific enough that they cannot be made true in any number of different settings, or have sufficient integrity, substantiation so to bear out that any claims such prophecies 'came true' in the past (as opposed to being written true later on).

As such, as far as I'm concerned, prophetic 'evidence' carries zero weight when considering the veracity of holy books, or preparing for/acknowledging potential catastrophes.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 16:05
    Originally posted by Agerg
    With some creativity one can arrange it such that so called "prophecies" hold true in many other cases - as has been suggested, with this one WW1 or WW2 would have done the job. Also one may consider near misses like asteroid DD45 back in 2005, Pandemics such as the 1918 spanish flu, global warming, economic meltdown (as you suggest) and so on...

None of th ...[text shortened]... dering the veracity of holy books, or preparing for/acknowledging potential catastrophes.
    Such so-called biblical prophecies are so anachronistic these days that any thinking theist should (rightly) sweep them under the rug of "sign of the times". Clinging on to the perfection of every biblical word is a lost cause.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 16:15
    Originally posted by Agerg

None of th ...[text shortened]... dering the veracity of holy books, or preparing for/acknowledging potential catastrophes.
    Perhaps all these things are all parts of the sign Jesus said would show his presance and would be refering back to the 1st scripture quoted here on this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree