1. somewher near London
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 19:57
    Isn't it obvious now that some sort of God exists? I mean Science has not yet been able to disprove religion so far. Also, the earth is so complicated that it can't be chance that it exists. Yeah, yeah I know that perhaps there are trillions of universes with every possibility of life and we just happen to live in the right one, bla bla bla, but if there are so many possibilities of life, surely one of them would have a God in it powerful enough to create the earth anyway. Can some atheist somewhere explain this puzzling conundrum?
  2. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:02
    Originally posted by RazzleBreezer
    Isn't it obvious now that some sort of God exists? I mean Science has not yet been able to disprove religion so far. Also, the earth is so complicated that it can't be chance that it exists. Yeah, yeah I know that perhaps there are trillions of universes with every possibility of life and we just happen to live in the right one, bla bla bla, but if t ...[text shortened]... l enough to create the earth anyway. Can some atheist somewhere explain this puzzling conundrum?
    the thoery that talks about parallel universes (a take on super-string theory, i forget it's proper name) says that they all start from a single point. there is, basically, a tree of parallel universes. therefore, there is one starting point, and only one reason for this start.

i think 🙄
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:03
    Isn't it obvious now that some sort of God exists? I mean Science has not yet been able to disprove religion so far. Also, the earth is so complicated that it can't be chance that it exists. Yeah, yeah I know that perhaps there are trillions of universes with every possibility of life and we just happen to live in the right one, bla bla bla, but if t ...[text shortened]... l enough to create the earth anyway. Can some atheist somewhere explain this puzzling conundrum?
    Not to mention how complex human beings are. Science cannot even reproduce a human organ.

Ps 53:1
    1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
    (NKJ)

🙂
  4. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:061 edit
    I would try, you know, really I would, if I thought it was even remotely worth it, but that would be like trying to prove that I don't exist, either, not that I think I'm God, though, nothing like that.... Duh?

Disproving something that can't be scientifically measured would have all the vailidity of believing in fairies, or benign dictators, or the bible, or God, or the existence of your very own brain cells, Raz.
  5. Not Kansas
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:071 edit
    It's not the job of science to prove or disprove the existence of a religion.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:08
    Originally posted by widget
    I would try, you know, really I would, if I thought it was even remotely worth it, but that would be like trying to prove that I don't exist, either, not that I think I'm God, though, nothing like that.... Duh?

Disproving something that can't be scientifically measured would have all the vailidity of believing in fairies, or benign dictators, or the bible, or God, or the existence of your very own brain cells, Raz.
    Are you an evolutionist?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:09
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Are you an evolutionist?
    Isn't every sane person?
  8. somewher near London
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:13
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Isn't every sane person?
    The theory of evolution is stupid 😛 ; the guy that invented it was a Christian and believed himself that there would have to be a divine creator in the first place
  9. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:16
    Are you an evolutionist?
    Funny you should bring that up.... gibber, gibber, screech...

I've always thought of myself as more of a revolutionary, in the going round and round sense... evolution is just another name for accidental selection. And we are certainly not short of nasty accidents on this planet. Look around you!

Ghandi: "Be the change that you want to see in the world!"

Evolution makes about as much sense as religion or racism. They all try to map order onto chaos, each in their own bent way. There is no order but that which we believe we see.

Eckhart: "The eye with which you see God is the same eye with which God sees you."
  10. Not Kansas
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:18
    The theory of evolution is stupid 😛 ; the guy that invented it was a Christian and believed himself that there would have to be a divine creator in the first place
    The theory of evolution is stupid

How so?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:22
    You are misinformed.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:27
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    [b]The theory of evolution is stupid

How so?[/b]
    Because the odds of a human being and all he is composed of, eyes, ears, a brain to think and reason to "evolve"...makes about as much sense as my 2004 Venture just evolved after millions of years...the odds are astronomical.....The odds of creation however makes much more sense to a sane person......🙂
  13. Not Kansas
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:29
    Because the odds of a human being and all he is composed of, eyes, ears, a brain to think and reason to "evolve"...makes about as much sense as my 2004 Venture just evolved after millions of years...the odds are astronomical.....The odds of creation however makes much more sense to a sane person......🙂
    Oh really? Do go on.
  14. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:33
    Maybe the "oddities" of creation... Check the mirror!
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:34
    the odds are astronomical

Yes, they were which is why we don't have those Klingons invading Missouri. How many stars and planets do you think there are?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree