1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 14:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its in Norway, the seed banks you refer to, what has been done to the Indian farmers is
    criminal. Christianity has not failed, in fact, there is a greater need to embrace Christian
    principles than ever before, the failure lies in the people who have not adopted its
    principles and who cannot tell the difference between their bum and their elbow in a
    spiritual sense.
    Christianity has not succeeded either. It has been the primary source of control in certain areas.

Christianity has nowhere to go unless Jesus shows up or some other biblically relevant thing happens.
    So far it continues on as in the last century, but with fewer followers per capita
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 02:211 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Or do we learn it?
    I believe this has been an enduring question with very strong opinions on both sides.
    First of all, do you think I could just get a few "yes" or "no's" to this question?
    Just to establish where we stand.

BTW, I think kids are born perfectly innocent and bit by bit they learn sillyness, which if not dealt with by the parent can l ...[text shortened]... 4 or 15 can develop into what is know commonly as evil.
    Devils influence? I dont think so.
    Yes. We are born into sin. That's why you need to be washed in the blood.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 02:352 edits
    Another question to all:

Are new people getting more intelligent,(in general), than say 50 years ago?

I certainly think so, And I think it's a mix of nature and nurture that makes young people clued in earlier and earlier to the more important points in life. . . .
    I don't think so with regard to nature. Maybe more intellegient (disposition to intelligience) at birth because of better nutrition and prenatal vitamins for pregnant women?

But 50 years is not long engough for evolution or even really for adaptation. I do not think we are genetically more disposed to intelligience than we were 50 years ago.

There have been alot of incredibly intelligient people 50 years ago and centuries ago. But the point is on average we have the same intelligience genetics at birth we did 50 years ago. Maybe because of environment we are better informed through life on average than we were 50 years ago, especially with the proliferation of information. Maybe likewise more intelligient through life, depending on how you define intelligience.

Interesting, I just picked this up from the science forum -- a link to a study saying that humans are slowing becoming less intelligient.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-11-humans-slowly-surely-intellectual-emotional.html#ajTabs

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Humans_slowly_losing_intelligence%3A&threadid=149736
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 19:17
    as you are aware Wolfie, I could cite numerous examples of attempts by humans to
    improve on the original which have had disastrous human consequences, you could cite
    numerous examples where human endeavour has produced an, 'improvement', but
    there are greater forces at work than the mere science of the matter, economics for
    example is a monst ...[text shortened]... called progress actually is progress and in many instances, the
    original is still the best.
    Sure home grown tomatoes taste better. They have been selectively bred
    and improved by man to be easy care, pest free and tolerant to lazy gardeners!
    They taste better because they grow slowly and ripen naturally - no other
    reason. (Commercial farmers cannot afford such low yields though a good
    supermarket will stock some of the expensive tastier varieties)
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 19:22
    Christianity has not succeeded either. It has been the primary source of control in certain areas.

Christianity has nowhere to go unless Jesus shows up or some other biblically relevant thing happens.
    So far it continues on as in the last century, but with fewer followers per capita
    a primary source of control? you really have missed the entire point.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 19:271 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sure home grown tomatoes taste better. They have been selectively bred
    and improved by man to be easy care, pest free and tolerant to lazy gardeners!
    They taste better because they grow slowly and ripen naturally - no other
    reason. (Commercial farmers cannot afford such low yields though a good
    supermarket will stock some of the expensive tastier varieties)
    as i stated its a pawn move, F1 hybrids will not reproduce the same plant, require hand pollination etc etc
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 20:27
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Yes. We are born into sin. That's why you need to be washed in the blood.
    Three sentences full of contention and basically strongly disadreed by everyone who has asnwered the question
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 20:29
    a primary source of control? you really have missed the entire point.
    the point of Christianity?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 20:31
    the point of Christianity?
    Indeed.
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 23:583 edits
    Three sentences full of contention and basically strongly disadreed by everyone who has asnwered the question
    It is basic Bible scripture we are born into sin. (Arguably, we have Adam and Eve to blame in part for being born into sin.)

Psalm 51:5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Genesis 8:21 . . . the intent of man's heart is evil from his youth.

Romans 5:12-14 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray from birth, speaking lies.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 00:01
    Must be washed in the blood of the lamb. (Jesus, lamb of god) Everyone knows that.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 00:05
    Must be washed in the blood of the lamb. (Jesus, lamb of god) Everyone knows that.
    Only people who buy into Christians crazy mythology.
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 00:141 edit
    Or do we learn it?
    I believe this has been an enduring question with very strong opinions on both sides.
    First of all, do you think I could just get a few "yes" or "no's" to this question?
    Just to establish where we stand.

BTW, I think kids are born perfectly innocent and bit by bit they learn sillyness, which if not dealt with by the parent can l ...[text shortened]... 4 or 15 can develop into what is know commonly as evil.
    Devils influence? I dont think so.
    At least women are born evil. After all, it was Eve who was in the transgression. An Old Testament favorite: "And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her" (Ecclesiastes 7:26).

From Paul the architect of Christianity in the New Testament: "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression" (1 Timothy 2:11-14).
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 06:10
    At least women are born evil. After all, it was Eve who was in the transgression. An Old Testament favorite: "And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her" (Ecclesiastes 7:26).

From Paul the architect of Christianity in ...[text shortened]... as not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression" (1 Timothy 2:11-14).
    yikes! You're serious ,aren't you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree