Are you a doubting Christian?

Are you a doubting Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Mar 16

Originally posted by galveston75
Hummmm, do I hear the constant grumblings of apostasy that refuses to acknowledge God's organization? Anything said against Jehovah's design's either in heaven or on earth will himself one day be standing face to face against the full wrath of Jehovah. Not a good prospect for a weak, frail human to face....
Are you prepared for that day?
This is what you have to say to people discussing the child sex abuse scandal in the Jehovah's Witnesses organization in Australia?

F

Moves
11 Mar 16

galveston75 and robbie behave in a very peculiar way when it comes to the serious issue of child sex abuse in their church. I have never met a rank and file Catholic who behaved in this way when discussing child sex abuse in the Catholic Church.

Moves
11 Mar 16

Hummmm, do I hear the constant grumblings of apostasy that refuses to acknowledge God's organization? Anything said against Jehovah's design's either in heaven or on earth will himself one day be standing face to face against the full wrath of Jehovah. Not a good prospect for a weak, frail human to face....
Do you really think that punchimg out thinly veiled threats of a future revenge attack from your version of Jehovah, is the best way to respond to detractors pointing out the deeply disturbing flaws in your religious organisation?

rc

Moves
11 Mar 16
2 edits

I don't doubt FMF is an apostate although I seriously doubt divegeester is a Christian

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Mar 16

The bible answers that for us. Either one is for God and his kingdom 100% and teaches what the bible says 100% or their not. "A little leaven ferments the whole lump" right? True we are not judges on what is in a persons heart but their actions and teachings usually give the answers to that.
"Jehovah is an exacting god demanding exclusive devotion". He ...[text shortened]... rom the bible.
I have failed on this at times and I'm trying to be faithful to those commands.
I have no problem with what is written in the Bible.

What I have a problem with, is some people's interpretation of what is written in the Bible. This is the problem I had with RJH. He had his interpretation and he wouldn't even discuss it. Not only that, but he had an entire raft of other poppycock that he derived from his interpretation.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Mar 16

Here we go.

"God's organization."

Hmmmmm... As Hertz used to say in their commercials, "Not exactly."

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
First of all they were not the victims of sexual abuse of our organization. This is another value born of nothing but pure ignorance and prejudice. They were victims of sexual abuse by members of their own families or people close to it. From the royal commissions published report.

The two cases investigated to some extent fell inside the Commiss ...[text shortened]... ng family members or persons close to that family.

Oh dear taken apart again, piece by piece.
I haven't been forced to do anything you loon except acknowledge I should have used the word 'alleged' in reference to the 1800 children.
Where have I made any claim using the word 'institutionalised'? Can you point that out?

Now why don't you make reference to the to two victims testimony? You have read them by now surely?

Green Boots Cave

Moves
11 Mar 16

Published by the Royal commission and lifted directly from its website. Also one quotation from a Daily telegraph article was cited praising the brothers because they were free from artifice. Get your facts correct duffo plonker.
This is also directly from the Royal Commission website -

'Submissions of senior counsel assisting the Royal Commission'

'2.1 Data extracted from Watchtower Australia files
53 Since 1950, Watchtower Australia has recorded allegations, reports or complaints of
child sexual abuse against 1,006 members of the Jehovah’s Witness organisation in
Australia.120
54 Those recorded allegations, reports or complaints relate to at least 1,800 alleged victims
of child sexual abuse.121
55 The files record that 579 of those against whom allegations were made confessed to
having committed child sexual abuse.122
56 Of the 1,006 members against whom allegations of child sexual abuse were made, 108
were elders or ministerial servants at the time of the first instance of alleged abuse.123
The files do not reveal how many of the alleged perpetrators were elders or ministerial
servants at the time of any subsequent instances of alleged child sexual abuse. The files
record that 28 alleged perpetrators were appointed as elders or ministerial servants
after having been the subject of an allegation of child sexual abuse.124
57 Finally, the files record that 401 alleged perpetrators were disfellowshipped in relation
to an allegation of child sexual abuse,125 and that 230 of those alleged perpetrators were subsequently reinstated.126 Of those disfellowshipped, 78 were disfellowshipped on
more than one occasion in relation to an allegation of child sexual abuse'

Moves
11 Mar 16
1 edit

I don't doubt FMF is an apostate although I seriously doubt divegeester is a Christian
Fortunately your opinion carries no credibility.

Moves
12 Mar 16

Originally posted by biffo konker
This is also directly from the Royal Commission website -

'Submissions of senior counsel assisting the Royal Commission'

'2.1 Data extracted from Watchtower Australia files
53 Since 1950, Watchtower Australia has recorded allegations, reports or complaints of
child sexual abuse against 1,006 members of the Jehovah’s Witness organisation in
Aus ...[text shortened]... disfellowshipped on
more than one occasion in relation to an allegation of child sexual abuse'
Try not to confuse the JWs with excerpts from material they are not permitted to read.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
12 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Try not to confuse the JWs with excerpts from material they are not permitted to read.
Yes,the brothers intend to keep the foot soldiers in the dark.
Maybe robin could sneak a peek when the brothers aren't looking.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Here we go.

"God's organization."

Hmmmmm... As Hertz used to say in their commercials, "Not exactly."
Lol. So we have maybe a dozen people here that on one level or another agree with you that disagree on our claim to be directed by Jehovah and his son Jesus. You say "not exactly". Sounds like you think you are? Prove it.......
So we can argue all day or for years as we've done here on who or what we think god approves, if anyone as far as that goes. You say we don't so that means you do?
We have a very large group of people in almost every country of the world doing exactly as Jesus commanded and in complete agreement in what we believe and in what the bible says and the love that we all have among ourselves to each other. (Man in normal humans that run governments on this earth could even come close to that or within the churches of the world, what a great place this planet could be!)
Yet you and the few others here that do nothing to promote the Kingdom that Jesus is King of, yes right now as we speak "the ruling King" of, but condemn and childlike point out the faults we have and ignoring that all imperfect humans have the same faults including yourselves have, as a reason to jump at us at every chance? How incredibly "hypocritical", foolish and yes being antichrist in nature that is. If you are not involved with promoting the Kingdom of God that his son is now directing...you are against it. Perhaps the rafter should be removed from all your eyes and see what is really going on with this Kingdom now and get off your collective butts and do as Jesus told you, or is the comfy chair of condemnation just too comfortable? Seems to be.

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16

Lol. So we have maybe a dozen people here that on one level or another agree with you that disagree on our claim to be directed by Jehovah and his son Jesus. You say "not exactly". Sounds like you think you are? Prove it.......
So we can argue all day or for years as we've done here on who or what we think god approves, if anyone as far as that goes. Y ...[text shortened]... d do as Jesus told you, or is the comfy chair of condemnation just too comfortable? Seems to be.
amazing,

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. - Luke 11:23

Moves
12 Mar 16

amazing,

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. - Luke 11:23
and so...everyone that disagrees with you is a "scatterer" is that it? Nice cultish thinking.

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16
1 edit

the qualification is inherent in the scripture, either you are gathering for the Christ or you are not. I doubt divegeester is gathering for the Christ.