Are you a doubting Christian?

Are you a doubting Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Mar 16

Who is the Antichrist? Does he cause doubts? Are there Antichrist here on this forum?

Paul said to the elders of the congregation in Ephesus: “From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things.” And Peter wrote in a letter to several congregations: “There will also be false teachers among you.” So false teachers may come from inside the congregation. These false teachers are apostates. What do they want? Paul said that when they leave Jehovah’s organization, they want “to draw away the disciples after themselves.” The disciples Paul is talking about are the disciples of Jesus Christ. These false teachers do not go outside the congregation to make disciples. They try to take, or steal, disciples from inside the congregation. Jesus said that apostates are like wolves that eat the sheep. Apostates want to destroy the faith of the members of the congregation and want them to leave the truth.—Matthew 7:15; 2 Timothy 2:18.
How do false teachers fool people? They do this in a very clever way. Apostates “quietly” bring their ideas into the congregation, like criminals who secretly bring things into a country. Apostates use “counterfeit words.” This means that they say things that make their false ideas sound true, like criminals who make false documents look real. They try to get as many people as possible to believe their “deceptive teachings.” Peter also said that they like twisting the Scriptures. They explain Bible verses in the wrong way to make others believe their ideas. (2 Peter 2:1, 3, 13; 3:16) Apostates do not care about us. If we follow them, we will leave the road to everlasting life.
How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible tells us exactly what to do. (Read Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11.) The clear instruction in the Bible is: “Avoid them.” That means that we have to stay away from them. The warning from the Bible is like a warning from a doctor who tells you to avoid a person who has a disease that may spread to others. The doctor knows that if you get this disease, you will die. His warning is clear, and you will do what he says. The Bible says that apostates are mentally diseased and that they use their teachings to make others think like them. (1 Timothy 6:3, 4) Jehovah is like that good doctor. He clearly tells us to stay away from false teachers. We must always be determined to follow his warning.
What must we do to avoid false teachers? We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses. We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet. Why are we so determined to avoid them? First of all, it is because we love “the God of truth.” So we do not want to listen to false teachings that go against the truth in God’s Word. (Psalm 31:5; John 17:17) We also love the organization that Jehovah uses to teach us wonderful truths. It was Jehovah’s organization that taught us about Jehovah’s name and what it means, his purpose for the earth, what happens to us when we die, and the hope of the resurrection. Do you remember how happy you were when you first learned these and other truths? Then do not allow the lies from false teachers to turn you against the organization that taught you these truths.—John 6:66-69.
No matter what false teachers say, we will not follow them! We have no reason to listen to people who are like wells with no water. Those who listen to them will be disappointed. We are determined to be loyal to Jehovah and to his organization. This organization has never disappointed us and always gives us an abundance of pure waters of truth from God’s Word.—Isaiah 55:1-3; Matthew 24:45-47.

From the Bible.........

F

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by galveston75
Paul said to the elders of the congregation in Ephesus: “From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things.” And Peter wrote in a letter to several congregations: “There will also be false teachers among you.” So false teachers may come from inside the congregation. These false teachers are apostates.

One of the Christians on this forum who most clearly seeks to teach others ~ about Christian theology and about his Christian faith and beliefs ~ is sonship. To your way of thinking, is sonship a "false teacher"? Is he an "apostate"?

F

Moves
10 Mar 16

Paul said that when they leave Jehovah’s organization, they want “to draw away the disciples after themselves.”
As a matter of interest, in which Bible verse does Paul use the word "organization"? In which verse is the term "Jehovah’s organization" used? You claim that Paul said these things; but where in the Bible can I find him using these words?

F

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Please stay far far away from me and if you refuse I will report you for stalking.
Well I have continued to press you for answers to the questions you're dodging, so presumably you have reported me to the web site for "stalking". What did the moderators say? They haven't contacted me yet.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 16
2 edits

Who is the Antichrist? Does he cause doubts? Are there Antichrist here on this forum?

Paul said to the elders of the congregation in Ephesus: “From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things.” And Peter wrote in a letter to several congregations: “There will also be false teachers among you.” So false teachers may come from inside the ...[text shortened]... re waters of truth from God’s Word.—Isaiah 55:1-3; Matthew 24:45-47.

From the Bible.........
It never fails to amuse and interest me, that when you get pressed and challenged on your forum behaviour and intellectual honesty, you firstly hide behind some particular personal situation as an excuse for not engaging in the topic which you have probably started, secondly you call or insinuate that the person challenging you is a relative of satan or an incarnation of the anti-Christ and thirdly you disappear off in a wheel-spin of overblown righteous indignation. I see here you are at step 2.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Mar 16

Paul said to the elders of the congregation in Ephesus: “From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things.” And Peter wrote in a letter to several congregations: “There will also be false teachers among you.” So false teachers may come from inside the ...[text shortened]... re waters of truth from God’s Word.—Isaiah 55:1-3; Matthew 24:45-47.

From the Bible.........
You say, "What must we do to avoid false teachers? We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses. We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet."

My question, why are you here posting in this forum? Why are you reading what we write? Why are you adding your own comments to what we write? Why are you not yourself avoiding false teachers?

rc

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You say, "What must we do to avoid false teachers? We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses. We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet."

My question, why are you here posting in this forum? Why are you reading what we ...[text shortened]... you adding your own comments to what we write? Why are you not yourself avoiding false teachers?
ad hominem

adj. Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

Better to suffer the winters wind than the tigers breath Ghastly one.
😡

F

Moves
10 Mar 16

Therein lies the peril of plagiarizing text [1] that contains the word "we" over and over again, and [2] that has content the plagiarizer clearly does not actually subscribe to or comply with. πŸ˜‰

rc

Moves
10 Mar 16

From the Bible.........
Excellent! incontrovertible, unassailable logic and reasoning that is crystal clear.

F

Moves
10 Mar 16

ad hominem
When galveston75 typed "We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet", who was the word "we" referring to if not galveston75 himself?

rc

Moves
10 Mar 16

I like this bit the best,

No matter what false teachers say, we will not follow them! We have no reason to listen to people who are like wells with no water. Those who listen to them will be disappointed. We are determined to be loyal to Jehovah and to his organization. This organization has never disappointed us and always gives us an abundance of pure waters of truth from God’s Word.—Isaiah 55:1-3; Matthew 24:45-47.

😡

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Mar 16

On the contrary already your tabloid accusations are being taken apart piece by piece and reassembled in the correct order. Also I have never owned a Ford car I always buy Japanese, Toyota, Nissan or my present one Mitsubushi.
Apart from pointing out I should have used the word 'alleged', you have done nothing of the sort.

Did you read the victims testimony I provided for you?

rc

Moves
10 Mar 16

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Apart from pointing out I should have used the word 'alleged', you have done nothing of the sort.

Did you read the victims testimony I provided for you?
No I had to work all day, I will get round to it if I can, your allegations of a cover up are nonsense and refuted, your allegations of 1800 victims of sexual abuse are nonsense and refuted , you are nonsense. I think that is an excellent summation of what has transpired.

F

Moves
10 Mar 16

No I had to work all day, I will get round to it if I can, your allegations of a cover up are nonsense and refuted, your allegations of 1800 victims of sexual abuse are nonsense and refuted , you are nonsense. I think that is an excellent summation of what has transpired.
What child sex abuse are you willing to concede happened within the JW organization in Australia ?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Mar 16

ad hominem

adj. Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

Better to suffer the winters wind than the tigers breath Ghastly one.
😡
A ludicrous thing to say, even by your standards Robbie.

It's perfectly valid to ask someone why they are posting on a public forum when they have just delivered a protracted statement about not doing that very thing.

It's like me delivering a speech about the evils of eating chocolate while simultaneously munching on a Cadburys creme egg. Wouldn't you be justified in querying the contradiction? On what planet would that be ad hominem? Planet Womble?!