1. Joined
    04 Mar '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 20:39
    Assertion: The existence of God is PROVABLE TODAY. Just as it was in Jesus' time...and even prior to his mission.

I have good reason to believe this is true.

Is there anyone who might be interested in exploring this critical topic?

All are welcome.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 20:58
    Originally posted by Kindred Spirit
    Assertion: The existence of God is PROVABLE TODAY. Just as it was in Jesus' time...and even prior to his mission.

All are welcome.
    Go for it!
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 21:01

All are welcome.
    Go on then.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 21:02

All are welcome.
    Go on then - empirical evidence only, please.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 22:14

All are welcome.
    It seems like that would spoil half the fun. Instead of arguing about it calling each other names, we'd have nothing left to argue about.
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 17:14

All are welcome.
    Isn't it easier to claim that it is true but just not provable?
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 17:20

All are welcome.
    Go ahead.
  8. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 18:15
    We're waiting
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 21:46

All are welcome.
    Can I have a go at exploring it by denying your assertion?

I don't believe in the existence of a god, and I'm sure this biases my perspective on the topic, however having read through many arguments here and in other places, I don't think it's possible to prove or disprove a god's existence.

I can claim that a particular supernatural creature exists - let's say Bob. Now Bob is an incredible entity - far beyond my capacity to really understand. Very powerful, very omniscient, and so on. But - and here's the sticking point - Bob only appears in visions to me. He tells me what I should do with my life and how I should act with others. But he doesn't appear to anyone else.
    Now I make the claim that Bob exists.
    How do you prove that he does or doesn't?
    You might infer, probably rightly, that I'm deluded, since the weight of evidence (ie. no one else claims to know about Bob) demonstrates this. But can you definitively prove this?
    I don't think so.

And neither do I think you can definitievly prove or disprove any supernatural entity's existence.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 02:41
    Originally posted by amannion
    Can I have a go at exploring it by denying your assertion?

I don't believe in the existence of a god, and I'm sure this biases my perspective on the topic, however having read through many arguments here and in other places, I don't think it's possible to prove or disprove a god's existence.

I can claim that a particular supernatural creature exists - ...[text shortened]... I think you can definitievly prove or disprove any supernatural entity's existence.
    I think your logic is right on. As I read your post I realized WE probably can't prove that God exists. Only God can prove that he exists! And maybe he has, but some people refuse to acknowledge it. Just a spontaneous responce.
  11. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 03:07

All are welcome.
    Back in your box.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 03:181 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think your logic is right on. As I read your post I realized WE probably can't prove that God exists. Only God can prove that he exists! And maybe he has, but some people refuse to acknowledge it. Just a spontaneous responce.
    One thing is for certain and that is if God wanted to "prove" himself he would if he really exists, no? However, he has proved himself to man before and what did it get him? Adam and Eve knew he existed and then sinned. The children of Israel knew he existed and then built a golden calf to worship instead. God looks at the heart of man and this is why I think he does not prove himself. Those with a heart to serve him will reach out to him despite the "unprovability" of his existence. All others can then pursue their hearts desire without the added burden of serving a God they know exists whom they have no desire in serving. Part of why I became a Christian is because I love the ways of my Lord and Savior. Christ is who I want to be rather than someone I feel compelled against my will to be like.
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 03:25
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yep, and I'd respond in exactly the reverse, but with the same end result.
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 03:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    One thing is for certain and that is if God wanted to "prove" himself he would if he really exists, no? However, he has proved himself to man before and what did it get him? Adam and Eve knew he existed and then sinned. The children of Israel knew he existed and then built a golden calf to worship instead. God looks at the heart of man and this is why I t ...[text shortened]... Christ is who I want to be rather than someone I feel compelled against my will to be like.
    And it is this very 'unprovability' of both the existence or non-existence of a god, that allows for us to hold completely divergent views.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 03:26
    just try to find God(s) just in case they exist, or you might go to hell

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree