1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 06:03
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Obviously, these are two different conversations. I don't mind talking about abiogenesis.
    What I mind is when you pretend that somehow the problem of abiogenesis presents a
    problem for evolution, like they're connected somehow. They're not.
    If you do not start a process it is highly unlikely you'll ever complete it.
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 08:12
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    You're just being purposefully obtuse, aren't you? Obviously life had to start somehow, but
    however that happened we know for a fact that life now exist. We can therefore focus only
    on the question of whether or not life can evolve. The theory of evolution deals not with
    how life started, but how it adapts to changing environmental requirements.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 09:021 edit
    You're just being purposefully obtuse, aren't you? Obviously life had to start somehow, but
    however that happened we know for a fact that life now exist. We can therefore focus only
    on the question of whether or not life can evolve. The theory of evolution deals not with
    I'm not being obtuse, you asked why I thought they were contected
    and I told you! If this is getting to be to much and you are starting to
    get angry we can stop you know.

Or I should say I just plain disagree with you saying they are not
    connected.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 09:04
    "The theory of evolution deals not with
    how life started, but how it adapts to changing environmental requirements."

We can stay on this if you'd like, if not we can just part disagreeing.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 09:201 edit
    I'm not being obtuse, you asked why I thought they were contected
    and I told you! If this is getting to be to much and you are starting to
    get angry we can stop you know.

Or I should say I just plain disagree with you saying they are not
    connected.
    Kelly
    I'm not angry. I'm slightly frustrated that you don't seem to get this. What you're doing is the equivalent of this conversation:

Painter: So you use the brush like this to create these patterns.
    You: Ah, but you must create the brushes and mix the paint first, or you can't paint at all.
    Painter: Yes, but we can assume at this point, since we have these brushes and we have this paint, that they must have been manufactured, so what we're now talking about is how they can be used.
    You: I'm just pointing out that there's a connection there. First the material is created, then it can be used.
    Painter: Yes, but how and when the material was created is completely irrelevant to this discussion on how to use them.
    You: blah blah blah...

How life started and how life continues to evolve are two completely separate issues, just
    like how paint is manufactured and how it's used are two separate issues. Now do you see
    what I'm saying?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 09:34
    I'm not angry. I'm slightly frustrated that you don't seem to get this. What you're doing is the equivalent of this conversation:

Painter: So you use the brush like this to create these patterns.
    You: Ah, but you must create the brushes and mix the paint first, or you can't paint at all.
    Painter: Yes, but we can assume at this point, since we have these ...[text shortened]... int is manufactured and how it's used are two separate issues. Now do you see
    what I'm saying?
    I promise you, if the paint doesn't get made, no one would use it.
    I assure you it is not my intent to frustrate you either. I'm at work I pop
    on and off my computer when I have a little time, I read what you write
    and you get the first thing I think of. No intent to screw with you, I find
    talking to you refreshing, even though we disagree. I'm sorry you don't
    see it that way too.
    Kelly
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 10:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because the water absorbed the heat of the moon then turned to gas and the gravitational pull of the moon could not keep it and it drifted out into space were it cooled and eventually was attracted by the earth's gravitational pull and became part of the flood of Noah's day.
    I don't think even you believe that BS story. You just like pulling people's chains.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 10:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't think even you believe that BS story. You just like pulling people's chains.
    You call everything BS that does not agree with your evilution fairy tale.
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 11:43
    I promise you, if the paint doesn't get made, no one would use it
    {Sigh}

Perhaps you should try considering the point being made instead of just typing the first
    thing that comes to mind when you read. It's really rude to not even consider what you're
    reading before you respond. I'll give it a last shot. If you and a friend are having a
    meaningful discussion about the film schindler's list, talking about the theme of the movie,
    it doesn't really matter how the film was made. It was obviously made, you've seen it.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 03:59
    {Sigh}

Perhaps you should try considering the point being made instead of just typing the first
    thing that comes to mind when you read. It's really rude to not even consider what you're
    reading before you respond. I'll give it a last shot. If you and a friend are having a
    meaningful discussion about the film schindler's list, talking about the theme ...[text shortened]... movie,
    it doesn't really matter how the film was made. It was obviously made, you've seen it.
    I agree with you, they are two different topics, but they are not in
    anyway shape or form unrelated! I'm willing to stick on one with you,
    I've already said, you don't have to beat a dead horse trying to make the
    point that the two topics are different, yes they are two different topics.
    Kelly
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 11:40
    You call everything BS that does not agree with your evilution fairy tale.
    This is not evolution, the idea water cooled moons and planets too hot to live on. You just like pulling people's chains like the troll you are.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 00:42
    Kelly
    You invite me round your home for dinner
    You prepare a wonderful meal
    I ask you how it was made

And you say "In the beginning God created ....."
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 04:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This is not evolution, the idea water cooled moons and planets too hot to live on. You just like pulling people's chains like the troll you are.
    There is no life on the moons and planets, other than Earth, so it should not matter of water or cold air cooled down the planets. The earth is the only one that you should worry about, and it is a fact that water on earth is a cooling agent for high tempatures. Case closed.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 13:14
    There is no life on the moons and planets, other than Earth, so it should not matter of water or cold air cooled down the planets. The earth is the only one that you should worry about, and it is a fact that water on earth is a cooling agent for high tempatures. Case closed.
    Case closed. For sure, just like the troll you are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree