Atheism vs. Faith

Atheism vs. Faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
Well, if you have given up your dream of an afterlife - and can cope with life without it - and you've given up your vile sense of "justice" for non-believers - and can cope with life without that misanthropic psychological crutch - then good for you. I welcome it. As I said, we all die, KellyJay. It all ends in the end. If you now agree with me that death is the end, that's fine.
Well what happens after we die we will experience when we die, that isn't going to be something we can prove here. You will see soon enough as will I, but if there is something about judgment then, we will both experience that too. It will not be a matter of argument it will be a reality unescapable.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Well what happens after we die we will experience when we die, that isn't going to be something we can prove here.
Thank you. Not only can you not "prove" what you believe about the afterlife, you cannot present even one scrap, one jot, one scintilla of evidence that there is any such thing.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You will see soon enough as will I, but if there is something about judgment then, we will both experience that too. It will not be a matter of argument it will be a reality unescapable.
No, I won't. I will be dead. Neither will you. Because you'll be dead too. You have no evidence whatsoever that I am going to "see" something "inescapable" that you just so happen to hold dear in your imagination. It would be the same if you were Dasa telling me "...you will see soon enough" that you will come back in the next life as a cockroach. No evidence of that far-fetched nonsense either.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
Thank you. Not only can you not "prove" what you believe about the afterlife, you cannot present even one scrap, one jot, one scintilla of evidence that there is any such thing.
This is a surprise to you? Can you present any evidence large or small about the after life? I can point to what Jesus had to say, you have anything at all? I admit that what I believe is faith you have evidence for your beliefs?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
This is a surprise to you? Can you present any evidence large or small about the after life? I can point to what Jesus had to say, you have anything at all? I admit that what I believe is faith you have evidence for your beliefs?
100 billion dead humans. No evidence of any one of them living on after death in 'paradise'. No evidence of any one of them being tortured for eternity. Just 100 billion dead people, Jesus being one of them. Have you got one piece of credible evidence? Go on, I am asking for just one, not 100 billion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
100 billion dead humans. No evidence of any one of them living on after death in 'paradise'. No evidence of any one of them being tortured for eternity. Just 100 billion dead people, Jesus being one of them. Have you got one piece of credible evidence? Go on, I am asking for just one, not 100 billion.
Written accounts with eye witness testimony, there you go!

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You have none.

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Come on Kelly, there are eye witness testimonies of alien visitations. How is that credible evidence?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
You have none.
Deny it doesn’t make it go away or make it meaningless.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Come on Kelly, there are eye witness testimonies of alien visitations. How is that credible evidence?
Well bring some up for a comparison. People go to jail and are put to death over eye witness testimony. Bring up historical events and ask what makes the some believable others not.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Deny it doesn’t make it go away or make it meaningless.
You have no credible "eye witness testimony" of even one of the 100 billion humans who have ever lived going on to an "afterlife" after their death. You have no credible "eye witness testimony" of even one of the 100 billion humans who have ever lived going on to get tormented in burning flames for eternity after their death. But if your faith in this mythology gives your life meaning, then good for you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
You have no credible "eye witness testimony" of even one of the 100 billion humans who have ever lived going on to an "afterlife" after their death. You have no credible "eye witness testimony" of even one of the 100 billion humans who have ever lived going on to get tormented in burning flames for eternity after their death. But if your faith in this mythology gives your life meaning, then good for you.
LOL yea credibility as judged by what? This again goes by your opinion, or do you have something to judge witnesses without your prejudices involved?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
LOL yea credibility as judged by what? This again goes by your opinion, or do you have something to judge witnesses without your prejudices involved?
Can you point to ANYTHING other than the bible? Humans telling about afterlife, not very credible.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Credibility judged by the subtsance of the extraordinary unprovable thing you are claiming. My opinion? Sure. All we do here is share our opinions. It's all you are doing. It's all I am doing. Our "prejudices are involved", in a manner of speaking, yours and mine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Mar 19

@sonhouse said
Can you point to ANYTHING other than the bible? Humans telling about afterlife, not very credible.
Credible defined how, its something you dislike therefore not credible? Can you give me a reason that doesn't have to do with your likes and dislikes?