1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 14:59
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    please see "evolutionists goof again" thread and robbies posts in particular for a more accurate definition of rubbish.
    like you said, we should strive to be polite in debates. always. but when someone posts something that is so ignorant, so idiotic, so whatever adjective describes the instant lowering of ones iq simply by reading that, then you can call ...[text shortened]... comes out of your tooshie when you poop" i gave up figuring what the'. sorry.
    Yeah,nice post- well put. Remember though that it is only your version-a good version- but don't get carried away and think change isn't just around the corner.

Having said that, I too will need to re-think my version of reality and humanity within that reality.
    I have a question: Does everyone on this planet share the same reality, or are there different realities for different people? (I know this sounds a bit general, but I'm not judging here, just trying to get a better feel for this world and what its inhabitants think. Cheers.)
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 15:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah,nice post- well put. Remember though that it is only your version-a good version- but don't get carried away and think change isn't just around the corner.

Having said that, I too will need to re-think my version of reality and humanity within that reality.
    I have a question: Does everyone on this planet share the same reality, or are there di ...[text shortened]... ere, just trying to get a better feel for this world and what its inhabitants think. Cheers.)
    i am positive all people have different realities. some are more similar but never identical. and these realities are constantly shaped by events happening to you or others.

differences in education, experiences, random events will shape ones view on the world and no two people can live identical lives. what is common among these views in the majority of people is what shapes us as a race at one particular time.
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 15:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    If I were an atheist, I don't think I could find one good reason why I should stay alive for even one more minute. What's the point? Whatever reason I came up with couldn't possibly be true since that reason would cease to exist as soon as I did.
    What is the point in a god creating a bunch of people on this planet just to live for a period of time and go to heaven?

You might argue that someone's time on Earth would be to test their faith and hence given the option to either go to heaven and hell depending on how they live their life. How does this apply to new born babies who die and haven't had the chance to sin? I assume they would go to heaven by default. Hence why bother with any of those babies being born at all? Just not bother with them being conceived and they go straight to heaven (I expect someone would say they do not know why and we can't understand god's plan, but to me, this is cop out answer).

Having said that, if new born babies go straight to heaven, you can logically conclude that someone, for the greater good, could just kill a million babies or so. After all, it would eliminate the possibility of them all going to hell. Granted the person doing the killing will go to hell, but he is sacrificing himself for all those lives. Maybe god would recognise his intentions and give him a place in heaven anyway.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 15:52
    Originally posted by lausey
    What is the point in a god creating a bunch of people on this planet just to live for a period of time and go to heaven?

You might argue that someone's time on Earth would be to test their faith and hence given the option to either go to heaven and hell depending on how they live their life. How does this apply to new born babies who die and haven't had th ...[text shortened]... those lives. Maybe god would recognise his intentions and give him a place in heaven anyway.
    you are correct there is no point, but this was not Gods original purpose anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree