1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 09:29
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    What does British transportation have to do with whether or not there is a God?

In answer to your question, I have no problem with the advertisement. It may backfire and create more Christians. If it doesn't, oh well. Everybody will have a chance to accept or reject God; then the judgement.
    …Everybody will have a chance to accept or reject God; then the judgement....…

What if there is no “God” to “accept or reject” and there will be no “judgement”?
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 12:17
    You have no idea.
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 13:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 14:10
    If a sign says "God exist", or "God does not exist", or even "Prepare for Nirvana" it doesn't matter.
    If one of them is not permitted, then none of them should be permitted.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 14:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If a sign says "God exist", or "God does not exist", or even "Prepare for Nirvana" it doesn't matter.
    If one of them is not permitted, then none of them should be permitted.
    yes, with the mention that all should be permitted. freedom of speech and all of that. if my religion or my convictions cannot withstand a simple piece of paper, i wasn't very convinced in the first place. your idea might imply that absolute censorship is an acceptable alternative to partial censorship.

PS. it is debatable whether ads instigating to violence or depicting violent acts should be allowed. i incline to a nay but it is a subject for a free speech debate.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 14:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 20:02
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And they never let anyone off for a piss.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 21:151 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I am an American, so we have more than our fair share of people trying to chip away at the wall of separation between church and state. We must remain ever vigilant. I can only envy you Europeans for your low levels of religious zealotry. I am not a lawyer, though. I am but a humble artist (in the real sense of the word).
    Interesting. Can i ask what type? Do you have a Website or anything?
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 21:35
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I think the people who did such thing should be lynched, they obviously don't respect other people's beliefs, they insist in rubbing theirs in people's faces.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 22:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interesting. Can i ask what type? Do you have a Website or anything?
    I've worked in the graphic arts and printing businesses. I've done some illustration work here and there. I used to have a website, but I let it lapse. Here are two illustrations I've done.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/3littlepigs.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/bear2b.jpg
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 22:25

In answer to your question, I have no problem with the advertisement. It may backfire and create more Christians. If it doesn't, oh well. Everybody will have a chance to accept or reject God; then the judgement.
    Perhaps it will really backfire, and like buses 2 gods will turn up together...😉
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 22:29
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I think the people who did such thing should be lynched, they obviously don't respect other people's beliefs, they insist in rubbing theirs in people's faces.
    Rubbing their beliefs in other people's faces? You mean like Christians do?

The point of the campaign is to point out the double standard that exists in regard to belief/non-belief. If a Christian group puts an ad on a bus, nobody bats an eyelash. But when an atheist group does the same, it causes a furor. Why should a Christian ad be accepted as "normal", while an atheist ad is perceived as being "in people's faces"?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 00:591 edit
    i don't want to hurt your feelings but that's not art! but mere illustration! and commercial at that!

oh ringy dude please search your soul, and see if there is not some inkling of self expression, or abstract thought, or a concept that you wish to express visually, buy a set of pastels my friend and embrace your imaginative process or paint your wife or some dear friend, art is human and divine, like beetle stated, a reflective and a creative process which none other than the greatest artist himself endowed mortal man with, none other than God himself. (i thought i would put this last bit in and appeal to the divinity in your nature) but are we bound to mere imitation , or are we not able to fathom new truths, like a musician creates melody from a defined and finite system of notes, then let us enter the same spirit of the ancients and search for these truths and capture them in their very essence, for all to behold and wonder at!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 01:02
    i liked Nirvana, awesome band!
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 02:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i don't want to hurt your feelings but that's not art! but mere illustration! and commercial at that!

oh ringy dude please search your soul, and see if there is not some inkling of self expression, or abstract thought, or a concept that you wish to express visually, buy a set of pastels my friend and embrace your imaginative process or paint yo ...[text shortened]... arch for these truths and capture them in their very essence, for all to behold and wonder at!
    Why don't you emulate a great artist like Van Gogh and shoot yourself? That would spare us all from having to endure any more of your ponderous emoting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree