1. Break-twitching
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 04:07
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…Everybody will have a chance to accept or reject God; then the judgement....…

What if there is no “God” to “accept or reject” and there will be no “judgement”?[/b]
    Then we all lose, you just as much as I; however I'll stake my claim on the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. In doing this, I cannot go wrong, no?
  2. Break-twitching
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 04:08
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You have no idea.
    I guess not! Could it be because the idea to advertise as such is rediculously stupid?
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 04:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I've worked in the graphic arts and printing businesses. I've done some illustration work here and there. I used to have a website, but I let it lapse. Here are two illustrations I've done.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/3littlepigs.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/bear2b.jpg
    I don't know...I kinda like it. It definitely could be used commercially, but I'm assuming that's how you already earn your living?
  4. Break-twitching
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 04:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i liked Nirvana, awesome band!
    So did I, but Alice-N-Chains rocked out!!
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 04:56
    Why don't you emulate a great artist like Van Gogh and shoot yourself? That would spare us all from having to endure any more of your ponderous emoting.
    Van Gogh? No deal; my trusty feer robbie has already a prob whilst keeping two ears on is emptie skullie
    an on the othur hand whattapity ee drrrinks solely Irrn Brru
    an besides he would never kill his Enemy

At least he plays the Immortal Game now big time
    How nice eez not a lazy
    an aware of the fact that the early mornin bird gets the juicy worm😵
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 10:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 10:446 edits
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Then we all lose, you just as much as I; however I'll stake my claim on the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. In doing this, I cannot go wrong, no?
    …Then we all lose,...…

The word “lose” is highly subjective in this case. But lets just for the sake of argument here say that it is simply “correct” to say “we all lose” if there is no god. Then I would ask the question:

“why can’t reality be such that we inevitably all lose?”

……In doing this, I cannot go wrong, no?...…

You can go wrong -what if what you believe is not true?
    -are you comfortable with the idea that you could go through your whole life believing a falsehood and then die never knowing the truth?
    -I am certainly not comfortable with that idea -I find that idea a cold horrifying thought!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 14:55
    Why don't you emulate a great artist like Van Gogh and shoot yourself? That would spare us all from having to endure any more of your ponderous emoting.
    lol, my dear rgwinett, you bad ol putty cat, you have understood nothing, originality is the prime goal, all else is mere opinion and imitation! it is therefore impossible for me to emulate the great one, nor as the illustrious beetle has stated, to wield a weapon!
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 16:44
    lol, my dear rgwinett, you bad ol putty cat, you have understood nothing, originality is the prime goal, all else is mere opinion and imitation! it is therefore impossible for me to emulate the great one, nor as the illustrious beetle has stated, to wield a weapon!
    Oh my trusty feer,

this miserable atheist black beetle said that you cannot kill your ultimate Enemy -Yourself😵
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 17:46
    oh illustrious one! there is more divinity in you than you could possibly imagine! like the shell of a black beetle, initially it appears black, but when we look closely we see the spectrum of light, the rainbow reflected on its surface, even though the beetle himself is unaware of it!
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 17:54
    i don't want to hurt your feelings but that's not art! but mere illustration! and commercial at that!
    Illustration is an art. Think of such greats as Gustave Doré, Maurice Sendak or Dave McKean. All happy to receive their royalty cheques, and why shouldn't they?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 18:07
    no, illustration is a skill or a craft, like making pottery, art is much more experimental and seeks to create solutions from conceptual ideas, for example there is a now famous Scottish artist jack vitriani, who paints those loathsome romantic pictures of couples on the beach with a violinist playing etc etc, this is illustration, but not art, for there is no intellectual content, although it may be argued that art in its very nature is designed to be decorative, as in the case of Mattise, but this was a direct intellectual act, not something of accident.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 18:34
    oh illustrious one! there is more divinity in you than you could possibly imagine! like the shell of a black beetle, initially it appears black, but when we look closely we see the spectrum of light, the rainbow reflected on its surface, even though the beetle himself is unaware of it!
    Black is the light of the vision of sorrow, whose virtue is the silence and its curse the greediness
    😵
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 18:41
    no, illustration is a skill or a craft, like making pottery, art is much more experimental and seeks to create solutions from conceptual ideas, for example there is a now famous Scottish artist jack vitriani, who paints those loathsome romantic pictures of couples on the beach with a violinist playing etc etc, this is illustration, but not art, for t ...[text shortened]... e, as in the case of Mattise, but this was a direct intellectual act, not something of accident.
    Right, so Dore' wasn't an artist. Thanks for clearing that up.

🙄
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 20:36
    don't mention it, anytime you need to free yourself from mere opinion, uncle robbie will help you out!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree