1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    You know there's a creator, but you tell yourself there isn't. After a while you begin to believe it.

It's pure delusion.
    I have never known there to be a "creator" and I have never told myself there isn't a creator.

You are making up stuff. Why?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:43
    That's silly. If atheists claim there's no Creator, then it's obvious that's what they think.
    Assuming they are being honest. But you claimed they were lying.

I'm not lying. You are.
    What am I lying about? How do you know?
    Provide evidence that what I said was:
    1. Untrue.
    2. That I knew it was untrue.
    3. That I said it with the intention to deceive.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:48
    Basically, atheists are lying to themselves.
    It definitely takes more faith to be an atheist then to believe in God.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:50
    You may have set a record for the longest time listening to irrefutable evidence for the existence of a creator.
    The video title and your subsequent comments suggest that the video was what about atheists believe not 'irrefutable evidence for the existence of a creator'.
    One would think that if such 'irrefutable evidence' existed then it wouldn't be wasted on a misnamed youtube video surely?
    I am willing to listen to this irrefutable evidence on one condition: you first convince your fellow theists that it is valid 'irrefutable evidence'. I believe posters such as Suzianne have claimed that no such evidence exists.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 15:51
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Explain how you come to that conclusion. What do you believe I have faith in?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Joe ,Joe, please step away from the keyboard. Your reasoning is painful.

How about we give it a flip and say those who claim God exist are lying to themselves? That deep inside you know there isn't really a creator and are just trying to avoid the accountability and certainty of mortal death and decay,....avoid the obvious.

How'd you like those apples?
    I'm not the one that needs to flip.

The evidence for a creator is all that exists. What you're doing is flipping out by imagining that creation isn't the work of an omniscient creator.

It's delusional to form the thought in your head that all that exists came from nothing, which is based on evidence that doesn't exist.

That's as illogical as it gets.

Logic dictates that creation is the evidence for a creator. Any thought contrary to that concept is evidenced by nothing, and is the evidence for delusion.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The video title and your subsequent comments suggest that the video was what about atheists believe not 'irrefutable evidence for the existence of a creator'.
    One would think that if such 'irrefutable evidence' existed then it wouldn't be wasted on a misnamed youtube video surely?
    I am willing to listen to this irrefutable evidence on one condition: you ...[text shortened]... futable evidence'. I believe posters such as Suzianne have claimed that no such evidence exists.
    View the video. Atheism is a delusion.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    So you think that atheists have more faith than you do?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:56
    View the video.
    No. I simply don't believe it contains what you claim it contains.
    If a theist were to view it, do you believe they would agree with you that it contains irrefutable evidence that God exists?

Atheism is a delusion.
    And you are being evasive. Why would that be?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Assuming they are being honest. But you claimed they were lying.

[b]I'm not lying. You are.

What am I lying about? How do you know?
    Provide evidence that what I said was:
    1. Untrue.
    2. That I knew it was untrue.
    3. That I said it with the intention to deceive.[/b]
    I don't need to prove it.

Your conscience tells you you're lying to yourself about the existence of God. You're suppressing the truth against yourself. It's just that simple.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:59
    'Atheism... delusion...'

A couple more words that don't mean what you think they mean.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:10
    I don't need to prove it.

Your conscience tells you you're lying to yourself about the existence of God. You're suppressing the truth against yourself. It's just that simple.
    Does my disbelief in your fairy stories threaten your faith josephw?
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:28
    That's why they call it a delusion.

Those who deny the existence of God are lying to themselves. Deep inside they know there's a creator, but to avoid accountability to their maker they convince themselves there is no God and avoid the obvious.
    Gods are all over the place.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:30
    They built nothing.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:47
    To be honest Joe, and i'm sure it is not your intention, but I find it quite insulting when told my atheism is a form of delusion, or worse that I am lying.

Why is it you are not able to accept that I simply do not believe God exists? - How can we ever have a serious conversation about why I do not believe God exists if you come to the table with the almost childish and arrogant assertion that because i do not believe what you believe I am either deluded or deliberately lying to myself?

I have been exposed to all the evidence you have about whether or not God exists, and have taken the time to study the subject. To the core of my being I am not a theist. I am not mentally disturbed, I am not scared of the possibility of God and as a result simply pretending God doesn't exist. - I am rationally and truthfully telling you that I do not believe in God. Please accept that and deal with it, rather then resorting to the weak argument that i'm a deluded or being disingenuous. I thought you were better than that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree